Society/Culture Why is Melbin [sic] so out of step with the rest of Australia?

Dazlington

Feb 14, 2019
Where's the best coastal town in QL to get a few cheap acres at these days?

Depends why you call cheap. Sunny coast is elite but to get acreage you’d have to go a little inland these days (10 min drive from the beach rather than walk). Rainbow Bay / Tin Can Bay Area probably the best “cheap” area imo

Dazlington

Feb 14, 2019
Meaningless statement. Queensland's best uni will of course compare favourably to Melbourne's worst 50% of unis.

UQ, Queensland's only Group of 8 uni, still ranks below Melbourne Uni. But yes ut is excellent and is better than half of Victoria's without a doubt. And of course Melbourne has 2 in the Group of 8.

And USQ and Sunshine coast uni? Yeah pass.

JCU and QUT pretty good though, on par with Deakin and RMIT.

QUT and Griffiths are the equivalent of your Monash types. Bond > RMIT. SCU, CQU, James Cook and USQ all on par or ahead of Deakin, Swinburne, LaTrobe, VU

That’s just the chip on your shoulder talking. What would an international visitor find interesting about Melbourne? It has no landmarks, no beautiful scenery, a **** climate and full of crime and homelessness. Sydney, Queensland (both south east and far north) Adelaide and Darwin all have far better attractions for international visitors

Why are you comparing far north Queensland to Melbourne? You should be comparing Brisbane to Melbourne and, surprise surprise, Melbourne is heaps better. The Tarkine in Tassie is better than Melbourne for a tourist, but Devonport sure isn't. As for Adelaide, Sydney, and Darwin, you're having a laugh.

What could I possibly have a chip on my shoulder about?

Jul 5, 2011
Depends why you call cheap. Sunny coast is elite but to get acreage you’d have to go a little inland these days (10 min drive from the beach rather than walk). Rainbow Bay / Tin Can Bay Area probably the best “cheap” area imo
Thanks. Will have a drive around next time I'm up north. Happiest 2 years of my life were living rural/coastal, but in Vic. To have the same but without the winter misery seems promising.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
That’s just the chip on your shoulder talking. What would an international visitor find interesting about Melbourne? It has no landmarks, no beautiful scenery, a **** climate and full of crime and homelessness. Sydney, Queensland (both south east and far north) Adelaide and Darwin all have far better attractions for international visitors
If you're scared of the barely existent crime in Melbourne then you're probably a pussy who's too afraid to leave his house regardless of where you live.

QUT and Griffiths are the equivalent of your Monash types. Bond > RMIT. SCU, CQU, James Cook and USQ all on par or ahead of Deakin, Swinburne, LaTrobe, VU
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fagan Pride

Apr 27, 2019
If you're scared of the barely existent crime in Melbourne then you're probably a pussy who's too afraid to leave his house regardless of where you live.
9F8A93E0-0D35-4757-8C92-41072AC973F6.jpeg

“Barely existent crime”

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
Gold Coast
Sydney > Melbourne in my experience, though I've not lived in either for any significant amount of time so I'm probably not the best person to judge (or maybe I am - I'm not biased at least).

That said, my family and I have plans to move from bum **** Victoria to somewhere along the South East coast of Queensland within the next 5 years or so, but maybe we shouldn't - doesn't seem like we'd be made very welcome!

Yeah, you seem like a good egg, you'll be fine.
And here is why farmers think they are special. Farmers really believe everyone relies on them. However, this isnt the 19th century where food shortages are still a thing. We rely on farmers no more then we rely on the Chinese child labourers to provide us with clothes or toilet cleaner at work to keep the bathroom sanitary.

We'll just stop producing everything then. That'll work well.

Great so Im totally welcome then.

Tolerated would be a better term,
Ive been forced to read countless views of farmers in farmers surveys. Not to mention a number of farmers kids worked with me. Thankfully I no longer work there.

ahh, that hands on experience again.
btw, we are all very grateful that you got sacked from the Dept of Agriculture too.
They ship up people from the south to perform those roles.

LOL!

Did they spend as much time complaining and whining as the farmers in this thread?

ahh look, another Green, criminal vegan defender has arrived.
How nice!

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
Gold Coast
Farmers, remember that the customer is always right.
How profound.
Our customers are, in domestic trade, wholesalers and middle men.
You are their customer.
We seem to be do everything right as demand is high, and whatever we don't sell goes to a willing international market.

Anything else you'd like to add...smartarse?

Fagan Pride

Apr 27, 2019
Why are conservatives so terrified of black people? It must be exhausting to be so afraid of people that don't even notice you.
AF74B75E-48D9-4914-832E-EB1010028118.jpeg

“And here we have yet another African youth crime denialist in his natural habitat that is the left wing echo chamber of the SRP board. The young denialist appears to be engaging in a classic manoeuvre that is conducted to avoid facing the reality of the rampant crime that is committed by these youths. It is his hope that the respondent too stops talking about the reality of the crime, and gets sidetracked by defending his integrity and clearing his name of being a racist”

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
Gold Coast
It must be hard to look at the future and realise that you're becoming obsolete.

Chin up, mate. You can continue receiving handouts.

Hahahahaha!!
Obselete ya reckon!

Food security is one of the biggest issues on the planet and we are comfortably within the Top 10, (6th I think).

Are people going to suddenly stop eating?
LOL.

Tell me all about these handouts we apparently receive.
Be specific...none of these stupid Green generalisations and make believe stories.

Sep 21, 2009
Hahahahaha!!
Obselete ya reckon!

Food security is one of the biggest issues on the planet and we are comfortably within the Top 10, (6th I think).

Are people going to suddenly stop eating?
LOL.

Tell me all about these handouts we apparently receive.
Be specific...none of these stupid Green generalisations and make believe stories.
What part of farming can't be automated over the next 30 years?... You martyr...

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
What's with the vermin problems in Melbourne? When I've been there walking around at night in the CBD you would look down any random lane way and there would be like 50 rats just sitting there looking back at you. Never seen this in any of the other Australian cities.
Heaps of rats in Sydney. It’s a rat and cockroach paradise.

Also a tonne of them in Perth. Mate lived in Carlisle and they were everywhere in his backyard. In fact I think I’ve seen more rats in suburban Perth than any other big city’s suburbia.

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
Gold Coast
I get it. You're jealous.

You've got nothing to worry about. There is nothing sexual between Chief and I... He is all yours.

That's not from lack of trying on your behalf.
Keep trying, the greatest achievement in your life, a Modship, can't be that far away.
What part of farming can't be automated over the next 30 years?... You martyr...

LOL, come on then.
You've made this statement.
Best you back it up with some facts.

Automated farming!!!

Sep 21, 2009
That's not from lack of trying on your behalf.
Keep trying, the greatest achievement in your life, a Modship, can't be that far away.
I'd never mod this site.
I'm too left wing.
Also, I'd be forced to read more of your martyr posts... Then I'd have to deal with you begging me to let you back on the site that you claimed you hated...

LOL, come on then.
You've made this statement.
Best you back it up with some facts.

Automated farming!!!
My statement that you're acting like a martyr?

What statement? You perpetual victim.

NotaWarlord

Draftee
May 27, 2019
And here is why farmers think they are special. Farmers really believe everyone relies on them. However, this isnt the 19th century where food shortages are still a thing. We rely on farmers no more then we rely on the Chinese child labourers to provide us with clothes or toilet cleaner at work to keep the bathroom sanitary.

It's sad that you're living on the false sense of security that 0.5% of the population have worked hard over the last century to create for the rest of the population. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and grow/raise your own food, pick your own cotton etc. See how long you last.

Good Lord, you can't be that dense.

Get on your phone a

Try getting on the internet and interacting with people from rat infested third world cities. U have it made.

Sorry the water was calling me today, took the boat out for a spin instead.

I find it difficult to see how in a State of 5 million people, Queensland, with massive infrastructure and mining as well as many rednecks there isn't a large population of White collar workers such as Doctors/Engineers/Lawyers.

There are but it won't suit the narrative some are trying to convey on here. We're all just rednecks up here

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
Gold Coast
I'd never mod this site.
I'm too left wing.
Also, I'd be forced to read more of your martyr posts... Then I'd have to deal with you begging me to let you back on the site that you claimed you hated...
You're too left wing? Well I never.
I don't hate this site at all.
I'm disappointed in some of the externally enforced rules...but meh...Chief has to make a quid like the rest of us.

Your Captain Obvious explanation and lecture did create great amusement though!

My statement that you're acting like a martyr?

What statement? You perpetual victim.

Now, now...don't be shy.
Tell us all about how farming will be automated in 30 years time.'
It sounds absolutely fascinating.