Preview North v Tiges round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m hoping for a flat performance by Richmond this week. They’ve had a fair few young guys running on serious adrenaline since Cotch, Jack & Rance al went down. They’re due a loss before cranking themselves up for Cats and Crows in the next two weeks. On the other hand, nek minnit 50+ walloping...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The fans don't seem to have any issues cranking themselves off pretty much 24/7.

They must look like one armed Popeye some of those blokes.

... and if we’d won them all, we’d be 4 points and percentage off top spot. While most are happy now that Scott has made way, if you’d given everyone the two options before the season started - it would have been a different story, I’d hazard.

Sure, but I reckon that even with all those wins, those two floggings would still be flagging major issues and I doubt too many internally or externally would be confident heading towards finals. In the end though, it doesn't really matter does it? End of the day, we didn't win those and the results are what they are, same as being good "on paper" means nothing and overachieving is a load of nonsense. We are a performance industry.

Sure, but I reckon that even with all those wins, those two floggings would still be flagging major issues and I doubt too many internally or externally would be confident heading towards finals. In the end though, it doesn't really matter does it? End of the day, we didn't win those and the results are what they are, same as being good "on paper" means nothing and overachieving is a load of nonsense. We are a performance industry.

So, essentially, all’s well that ends well - if it does, indeed, end well...

Really looking forward to this game, can the new coach make a statement at the selection table or is it too soon? Will players who have appeared to have it easy under Scott suddenly be worried about being dropped and lift their game? Will Scotts departure sharpen the focus of the paying group or will too many of them be wondering who now to turn to for property portfolio advice? Either way I suspect we will see the players who aspire to greater things under the new regime come to the fore. Exciting time ahead go Roos!

...... why is everyone backing in Hall? Have I missed something?? I've seen enough! Is it because we want to finish bottom 4? If we want to win, we leave Hall at home, He's a squib, over uses the handball, couldnt hit the side of a barn, misses piss easy conversions.. no thanks

Ins: Unchanged
Outs: B, Scott

...... why is everyone backing in Hall? Have I missed something?? I've seen enough! Is it because we want to finish bottom 4? If we want to win, we leave Hall at home, He's a squib, over uses the handball, couldnt hit the side of a barn, misses piss easy conversions.. no thanks

Ins: Unchanged
Outs: B, Scott
Everyone's backing in Hall because he's had two good games in the VFL. That's what we want to change, people being rewarded when they knock the door down, people being dropped when they underperform.
We don't want to go too far the other way and have a revolving door selection policy, but for too long it's been a closed shop in the seniors.
Hrovat is of course the other one putting his hand up, but obviously he's had a lot more opportunities than Hall and struggled to keep his spot.

Everyone's backing in Hall because he's had two good games in the VFL. That's what we want to change, people being rewarded when they knock the door down, people being dropped when they underperform..

I'm backing in Hall because he was basically our BOG in the VFL and because LDU was virtually useless.

I'm backing in Hall because he was basically our BOG in the VFL and because LDU was virtually useless.
Oh, he kicked a snag! Lol i’m leaning to having LDU over Hall.. yeh yeh, Hall performed in the VFL.. Hrovat dominates the VFL, has a run in the 1’s and stinks it up! Its not always a good indicator, good VFL players dont always correlate into good AFL players! You’ve been around long enough to know this SB

Edit: what I have seen of Hall is not something I want to see in our Jumper.. maybe give him one last go but if he continues to serve up that slop then thats it, no more, please

Oh, he kicked a snag! Lol i’m leaning to having LDU over Hall.. yeh yeh, Hall performed in the VFL.. Hrovat dominates the VFL, has a run in the 1’s and stinks it up! Its not always a good indicator, good VFL players dont always correlate into good AFL players! You’ve been around long enough to know this SB

Edit: what I have seen of Hall is not something I want to see in our Jumper.. maybe give him one last go but if he continues to serve up that slop then thats it, no more, please
Do you think Davies- Uniacke deserves to stay in the team after his last performance? I really hope our new interim coach starts picking the side based on performance not favourites or other bs like whether or not you are a high draft pick. Performance!

The majority here have complained about team selections every week. You either go with the best 22 based on their last performance AFL or VFL or you go back to the BS selection criteria, your my friend, your my mate, you suck up my arse, your my friend and so on. In regards to Hrovat, if he's earned it put him in, if he stinks it up for the 3 Rd time, tell him to enjoy the rest of the season in the 2's, same goes for Hall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The majority here have complained about team selections every week. You either go with the best 22 based on their last performance AFL or VFL or you go back to the BS selection criteria, your my friend, your my mate, you suck up my arse, your my friend and so on. In regards to Hrovat, if he's earned it put him in, if he stinks it up for the 3 Rd time, tell him to enjoy the rest of the season in the 2's, same goes for Hall.

Mate?

C'mon. Do you need to watch the vision from his last game showing how easily he got brushed aside or how little impact he made?
Wouldn't you rather see Taylor or Hayden instead?

Do you think Davies- Uniacke deserves to stay in the team after his last performance? I really hope our new interim coach starts picking the side based on performance not favourites or other bs like whether or not you are a high draft pick. Performance!

His stats were practically the same as Tarryn Thomas', played out of position all day, and missed an entire quarter with injury.

He did fine. Yes he deserves to play, will he be a worldbeater? No. Not for another pre-season, but none of our young players will be. We need to persist with games that are befitting to them.

Much moreso than Macmillan
Hall was unlucky to be dropped I reckon anf has gone back to the VFL like a professional. Should come back in this week and play inside.
Agree should come in for the extra defender that we have been playing

This week is a free hit.

If the Tigs win with Dusty continuing his run back into form, well ok, not much you can do, no shame given where we both are in the greater scheme of things.

But if we can jump them, then it gets interesting.

I guess Hall will play very well and everybody except for you will be impressed with that. The reason why I said that is because of you. That's happening in our life all the time. Thanks Duck. We've got some chance to win this week.
Because he played okay in the VFL? In a loss? Laid 10 tackles? Second to the ball? What have you seen thats impressive? The hand ball to a team mate that sells them under significant pressure? Or the shitty one two handball that gets No Meters gained? Or the easy misses at goal? Or his nature to back away from the contest? Or his kicking efficiency? He laced out the opposition pretty well! Which part of his game do you like? He had to change my mind, he has been absolutely useless!

If Hall cannot break the line OR turns the ball over across the half back line or centre of the ground, Richmonds press will absolutely kills us the other way! It will give no time for our defence to structure up.. This is why Hall is a liability! Because from what I have seen, it will be near on impossible for him to do! To be honest if we cant make finals, I dont want to win another game.. so pick hall, hrovat and a few others so we lose!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back