Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

How long is he out for? I’ve heard six weeks, eight weeks, ten weeks and the season.
Richmond has used its only pick (no.13 overall) in Monday night's 2019 Mid-Season Rookie Draft to select West Australian midfielder Marlion Pickett.

The 27-year-old dual South Fremantle club champion shone during last year's WAFL finals series, but suffered a setback re-breaking his right index finger on Saturday in just his second game for the year.

Speaking to afl.com.au's Draft coverage, National Recruiting Manager Matt Clarke provided the following summary on Pickett...

His current injury

"I don't think there is any concerns from us about the finger. Being a long-term selection, we think it's an opportunity to get Marlion in now ... and an injury like this will set him back a little bit from training, but we think long-term it will be good for us."

What attracted the Club to Pickett

"We've liked his talent for a number of years, playing a lot of half-back, but probably moving into the midfield last year at South Fremantle and showing he can be a really strong presence in there as a clearance player, he's really good aerially, and can really kick the ball a long way, so we're really excited."

His future at Tigerland

"He's played a lot of footy now at WAFL-level and we think his body is conditioned to that, but he hasn't actually been belted around a little bit at AFL-standard, so we think there's a little bit more left in him. You never put an end limit on his time with us, so we think that he's got a lot of footy left in him."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-05-27/tigers-select-pickett-in-midseason-draft

Rage became a great band when they ditched the rapper and appointed Chris Cornell
lol,I saw that band,Rage were on another level though,angry bastards.

Love this tube,uni hipsters heads too much up their own arses to realise this band would become a monster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rage became a great band when they ditched the rapper and appointed Chris Cornell

Same as when the lead singer of sound garden kicked everyone out and got new blokes

I hear the Statue of KB has the following passage written on it:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

We provide the opportunity for immigrants, muslims, Jehovahs Witnesses, children of bikies, children of commission housing, farmers, indigenous kids, ex prisoners, guys with lisps, guys who missed drafts, opposition discards.....

and we turn them into stars. ;)

Imagine if Benny Gale come out and said that about another club’s player?

Be front page headlines,poor form from the HUN.
Great story about a guy who from all reports has turned his life around to become a great father and role model, he finally achieves his lifelong dream to make it onto an AFL list, let’s welcome him to Melbourne by calling him a “jail bird”. FMD.

Looking forward to seeing him in our jumper, the baggy jumpers worn in the highlights clip make him look like Mick Nolan, that said all his teammates too looked like barrels. Crap jumper. He will be a yard quicker in the slick tigers ensemble.

Will be awesome if he does measure up, Essendon were annoyed when Sydney grabbed Michael Knoll and were annoyed too when Pickett broke his finger. Would rub it in big time if he turns out to be a gun for us.

We provide the opportunity for immigrants, muslims, Jehovahs Witnesses, children of bikies, children of commission housing, farmers, indigenous kids, ex prisoners, guys with lisps, guys who missed drafts, opposition discards.....

Love the connotation

Not sure about this being on KB's statue, we are talking about a guy who could peel an orange in his pocket ... lucky our foreign legion turned up at Punt rd, the rent at KB's would be pretty steep :p

That's what makes us... BEST.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back