Football Related Random Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

We had one in the NEAFL a couple of years ago. His name escapes me though. During Leppas time I think.
Leigh Harding (?) filled in from time to time. Sam Reid filled a full time player/coach role in the GWS reserves before his re-listing as well.

Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Going to my first lions game in about 3 years this weekend. From memory my last game was either a swans smashing or the Richmond smashing (went to too many smashings to remember).

I was a fully paid Lions member from 09 to 17. Went to just about every game up to 2015. But the last few years were tough to get any friends or family to come to games with me (All my friends are rugby and league followers, my last family member stopped being a paid up members in 2013 and my GF just got fed up going with me to watch them lose everyweek).

I still feel bad about not just continuing my membership, as I would consider myself a big lions fan...but it just got to the point where I found it had been a full year since I had attended a game due to a lack of anyone to go with and in the end my credit card expired and I just never bothered giving the club my updated CC details.

Hopefully I can convince one of my mates or even a family to be a member again, just feel guilty not being a member and yet I am such a big fan of the club. Anyways that's my random story.

Hopefully it's a great game this Saturday night!

img_20190530_081440-jpeg.683036

Go team.

I'm not game to comment since I was shouted down last time ;)

It's not like someone will make a comment about our good injury list in 2026 and people are going to say they pulled a LongLion ... I mean people's memories are short and would never remember information from the horse's mouth or fat lady singing pics etc ...

It's not like someone will make a comment about our good injury list in 2026 and people are going to say they pulled a LongLion ... I mean people's memories are short and would never remember information from the horse's mouth or fat lady singing pics etc ...

something something blackface something something

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
Just having a bit of a pipe dream where the fans show the AFL how to actually combat violence/unsociable behaviour at the footy by having a jumper-swap at half-time or something like that showing that the fans stick together.

But we all know it'd never work lol

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Just thought I'd let those Big Footy Brisbane Lions board fanatics like myself know that Big Footy will be off line from tomorrow night until around midday Wednesday:'(:( for a software upgrade.

Details can be found at "Suggestions, Feedback and Announcements" way down the bottom of the main Forums page.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Just thought I'd let those Big Footy Brisbane Lions board fanatics like myself know that Big Footy will be off line from tomorrow night until around midday Wednesday:'(:( for a software upgrade.

Details can be found at "Suggestions, Feedback and Announcements" way down the bottom of the main Forums page.
hmmm just as well it’s NBA draft week, and most of the AFL podcasts come out tomorrow and Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back