MRP / Trib. 2019 MRP Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

On GAJ Chrisso said “off ball intentional strikes don’t belong in the game"

So it's ok elbow a player in the head 2 weeks in a row off the ball and intentional but in the 3rd week suddenly it matters.

How can anyone take this corrupt organisation seriously. :mad:
That's the point..no one does..it's a farce..

On GAJ Chrisso said “off ball intentional strikes don’t belong in the game"

So it's ok elbow a player in the head 2 weeks in a row off the ball and intentional but in the 3rd week suddenly it matters Chrisso.

How can anyone take this corrupt organisation seriously. :mad:
The real underlying reason for inconsistency is that MRO is not a tribunal. It operates on the so called view of the "expert" single officer; based on his on his/her own experience, and importantly, not solely dependant on what the evidence alone dictates. The tribunal is different; the members are required to base their finding solely on the evidence as presented; they can't supplement evidence for experience. This is why the appeals have often gone against MRO; and also why similar scenarios appear inconsistently applied from one week to another.

Its unlikely to change for as long as an expert officer model is adopted by the AFL; but having an MRO officer who has not been out of the game for a long time might improve consistency.

I liked Cachia. would be handy now as a pressure forward or small defender.
Sure time has totally fogged how his disposal was and whether he went missing

Played with Strathmore for the last 3 years and now at Aberfeldie.

Excellent player at local level, just not good enough at AFL level.

Who do you feel should have been suspended?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I consider Long's act was dangerous and intentionally done to harm, or done withr reckless indiferrence to whether it caused harm. If it had of been a smaller player like Marc Murphy orZac Fisher it likely would have resulted in either of those players being at the very least tested for concussion and missing 20 minutes of game time, up to actual concussions or injury to the body.

I consider Long's act was dangerous and intentionally done to harm, or done withr reckless indiferrence to whether it caused harm. If it had of been a smaller player like Marc Murphy orZac Fisher it likely would have resulted in either of those players being at the very least tested for concussion and missing 20 minutes of game time, up to actual concussions or injury to the body.
Fair enough mate, I can certainly understand the logic there.
I personally didn't think there was much to it beyond a free and maybe 50m penalty as the contact was shoulder to shoulder IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong).
I agree regarding intent vs outcome though, the only issue being how they interpret incidents such as this, for example, do they determine that he was trying to headhunt vs being a fraction late to a contest, as to me there's a massive difference between the two.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, I would love to hear the AFL's explanation on why.

One team WC is in contention for a finals spot and the other team Carlton is in contention for nothing - may as well make whatever nonsense point needs to be made using a cellar dweller Club - happens all the time - see the Curnow brothers last year touching umps...etc etc etc

When Carlton starts being relevant - with 70K+ memberships and winning games - MRC will start to hesitate making example of Carlton players and switch to less relevant Clubs with less supporter potential blow back...

By that time maybe CEO or President grows a pair and tells AFL to GOGF

One team WC is in contention for a finals spot and the other team Carlton is in contention for nothing - may as well make whatever nonsense point needs to be made using a cellar dweller Club - happens all the time - see the Curnow brothers last year touching umps...etc etc etc

When Carlton starts being relevant - with 70K+ memberships and winning games - MRC will start to hesitate making example of Carlton players and switch to less relevant Clubs with less supporter potential blow back...

By that time maybe CEO or President grows a pair and tells AFL to GOGF

I understand what you are saying and the reasoning, but the AFL can not come out and say this, I would like to hear their official reasoning, which would be more along the lines of injury outcome, even though I thought Rioli's was a sling tackle, pinning both arms and Setters was more a drag down tackle with only 1 arm pinned

I understand what you are saying and the reasoning, but the AFL can not come out and say this, I would like to hear their official reasoning, which would be more along the lines of injury outcome, even though I thought Rioli's was a sling tackle, pinning both arms and Setters was more a drag down tackle with only 1 arm pinned

I really believe that there is absolutely no sense or logic or consistency in MRC decisions- the only person who approves is Whately - and he is a certified AFL apologist and flog - a kind of parasite which needs to feed of its host ...

Should have been at least two. I’d suggest three because it’s the dangerous sling tackle that is more likely to hurt a player. When was Setterfield suspended? 6 weeks ago? That’s a lifetime in footy. That’s why Rioli got a week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back