Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Would rather they give him as much time as possible so he’s somewhat fresh for the finals and he can get as much of a preseason in right now.
Yeah true. The teams winning without him, I just hope he gets a few runs before finals to get into the swing of things.

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
From AFL website, "Only Naitanui and Tom Barrass (foot) remain unavailable from the first-choice line-up, while young forward Daniel Venables is still weeks away after a heavy concussion in the win over Melbourne two rounds ago."

Gee, Venables must have had a huge hit.

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
A decent injury update in the early parts of the backchat podcast this week from Tommy Booroos.

Players sound worried about Venables, albeit they're trying to talk positively about his recovery. Sounds way off though. Gee not good.

Edwards specific problem is a navicular injury.

Naitanui probably aiming for a week or two after the bye.

Talking up Hammer Brayshaw's professionalism in rehab, which is good considering he lives there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really worried about dv - this could be career threatening / life altering

Cant remember a player having more than a coupla weeks off for concussion

It caused Dean Kemp to retire early didn't it?

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
DV is a concern. He looked really unwell when it happened. The camera's kinda avoided filming him too, which was good.

Unlike Fyfe when the numpty camera dude got a 8k zoom-in on his retreating eyes.

kempy

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
That dog Ricciuto ended Kemps career with a leaping shirtfront shoulder to the head. Kemp was blindsided and had no idea it was coming, was hit so hard he did a full revolution in the air. I dont know if Ricciuto was suspended but he'd get 10 weeks in todays footy.
It was a disgraceful and gutless hit. I'm not sure he was even suspended for it. These days surely he would have got 4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back