Preview Round 11, 2019: Brisbane Lions v Hawthorn, 1 June 2019, 7.25pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s elevated off the rookie list I could see CJ playing against Essendon in a few weeks time. Ross despite his good VFL form this year I don’t think he’s ever been an emergency yet. At some point this season Ross, Jiath and Jones will all make their debuts.

If he’s elevated off the rookie list I could see CJ playing against Essendon in a few weeks time. Ross despite his good VFL form this year I don’t think he’s ever been an emergency yet. At some point this season Ross, Jiath and Jones will all make their debuts.

Ross is definitely a future prospect, I'm not expecting to see him make a debut unless Gunners misses.

any news on smith playing this week boys? any further birchall updates? i have heard conflicting stories some on here that he is possibly retiring my sources tell me he has been training and looking to come back after the bye

lewis in for pittonet
smith ? for morrison

any news on smith playing this week boys? any further birchall updates? i have heard conflicting stories some on here that he is possibly retiring my sources tell me he has been training and looking to come back after the bye

lewis in for pittonet
smith ? for morrison
I think Smith should be right for this week but if they want to give him an extra week to be sure then he'll get an extra week off due to the bye.

Birchall still a fair while off by the sounds of it. Running around at training but he'd have to come back via BHH given the time out of the game. Another set back now would surely make immediate retirement probable.

So who is in for Scrimma?
Scrimma i forgot about him big out! You would say brand would get rewarded but he has burnt bridges, Maybe they bring in howe and have a look at him down back and chop out in the middle
I think Smith should be right for this week but if they want to give him an extra week to be sure then he'll get an extra week off due to the bye.

Birchall still a fair while off by the sounds of it. Running around at training but he'd have to come back via BHH given the time out of the game. Another set back now would surely make immediate retirement probable.

cheers i agree, interesting if they roll the dice with smithy in a must win game this wk!

cheers i agree, interesting if they roll the dice with smithy in a must win game this wk!
I don't think they'll risk him if he's not quite right. He's been out for weeks and missed games that were just as must-win as this one.

If he's 100% then he'll line up, otherwise we won't see him until after the bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 11 TEAM
Brisbane v Hawthorn
Saturday 1st June, 7.25pm
Gabba
B:
Tim O'Brien, James Frawley, Shaun Burgoyne
HB: Ben Stratton, James Sicily, Blake Hardwick
C: Tom Scully, Liam Shiels, Ricky Henderson
HF: Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Paul Puopolo
F: Chad Wingard, Jonathon Ceglar, Jarman Impey
R: Marc Pittonet, James Worpel, Jaeger O’Meara
INT: Conor Glass, James Cousins, Mitch Lewis, Isaac Smith
In: Smith, Lewis
Out: Scrimshaw (knee), Morrison (omitted)

ROUND 11 TEAM
Brisbane v Hawthorn
Saturday 1st June, 7.25pm
Gabba
B:
Tim O'Brien, James Frawley, Shaun Burgoyne
HB: Ben Stratton, James Sicily, Blake Hardwick
C: Tom Scully, Liam Shiels, Ricky Henderson
HF: Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Paul Puopolo
F: Chad Wingard, Jonathon Ceglar, Jarman Impey
R: Marc Pittonet, James Worpel, Jaeger O’Meara
INT: Conor Glass, James Cousins, Mitch Lewis, Isaac Smith
In: Smith, Lewis
Out: Scrimshaw (knee), Morrison (omitted)
I like it - a good strong team under the circumstances..

Cegs/Pitto Combo playing their second consecutive games together.

Get Smithy back. Smith/Hendo/Scully combo returns

Are going to have the luxury of having Gunston/Lewis/Ceglar sharing the Full Forward/CHF roles.

Looks like Impey could still be swung forward, although is likely to play at least a quarter or half in defense due to scrimshaws out.

Glass retains his spot. Good to bloody see.

good team i like the ins!!
Ceglar will be used mainly as a forward and ruck, Pittonet has some more game time why not its harsh on Roughy but we are developing those aera's and are desperate to find out if we have any talls that can play regular afl footy ie pitts,lewis

Wouldn't be surprised if Pitt is a late out. Would love to see Jones debut.
I thought he might be late out last week as port are a quick rebounding team but he stayed in and it worked. I'd say he'll stay in but really does need to take some marks to be a consistently viable option every week.

We've played Mcevoy, Ceglar, Lewis before, and probably would've played lewis ceglar pitto last week if not for concussion i think

Of course, but Pittonet is completely ineffectual as a forward. McEvoy and Ceglar aren't.

Providing there isn't a late change, Brisbane have dropped Walker so might actually be stretched with all of Lewis, Ceglar and Gunston forward at one time. If balls hits the deck but might be an issue.

Very interesting game this one. I think we will get an answer of where we are at for 2019 Sunday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back