Strategy Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointed Hickey misses again :(

Hard to imagine he's going to really get another proper crack on his own before Naitanui comes back. Could be a long stint in the WAFL coming up.

Vardy literally did the bare minimum last week. Scraped a pass mark and fought back after lowering his colours in the first half against a 9 gamer.

Out of all our ruckman, I rate him the worst this year, which is why I'd like him replaced sooner rather than later. Not that I think he'll have any dramas against English.

Not sure about that one big boy. Kennedy gets injured. Darlings missus have another puppy. Oscar Allen get offered big money from Carlton. Who’s your man to step up forward? Maybe Brander but he will end up there anyhow. Watermans got lots to offer.
Yes agree.
Just had a peek at the regular KPP in Afl and a large percentage took 3 to 4 years to make their mark.

I cant help but think that if there was ever a soft, "free hit" kind of game to debut a ruckman, this would have been it.

Very keen to see what Brooksby can do if he gets a go at AFL level, has been a bit unlucky not to have been selected thus far

It becomes an arguement when people just say Oscar Allen wont be dropped
Waterman wont be dropped
Masten wont be dropped.

Because thats nonsense. Theirs no educated opinion behind saying that except a feeling toward that player.

We can get AhChee to get 20 plus disposals off Half Fwd/Wing/Mid and kick a snag or 2. That beats Masten, Waterman and Venables Hes my choice for now. But think Cameron is the go fwd in that role.

You are the least entertaining troll on this entire site. Impressive, really, considering the competition.

You are the least entertaining troll on this entire site. Impressive, really, considering the competition.
I think hungrytiger is goeagles after a nightmare 5 or 6 years when his wife left him, he lost his job, his mortgage was foreclosed, his religious cult expelled him and he was lost in the jungles of Borneo for 6 months.
All the naivety and unswerving conviction is there but everything that was good and pure about goeagles has been lost and replaced with negativity and disloyalty. Sad.

I think hungrytiger is goeagles after a nightmare 5 or 6 years when his wife left him, he lost his job, his mortgage was foreclosed, his religious cult expelled him and he was lost in the jungles of Borneo for 6 months.
All the naivety and unswerving conviction is there but everything that was good and pure about goeagles has been lost and replaced with negativity, disloyalty and an anchor tattoo because he’s a Fremantle troll. Sad.

FTFY.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His new role has resulted in his decline in possession numbers.
Or are you that blinded by hate that you don't watch the games close enough to see that his role has changed.
Hutchings has played that role for a couple of weeks, notice his disposal numbers.
Oh by the way Rance from Richmond averaged 15 possessions a game over the 16, 17 season.
Stat watchers who don't understand the game or the role players have really are in danger of making fools of themselves.
So who are these great range of players that should get a game before a premiership player who has sweated and bleed for the club for over 200 games.
It certainly has, he's hardly gotten a kick the last few games.
I for one welcome his new role on the sidelines.

It’s a shame that Hickey got injured when he did- Vardy would be back at the WAFL you would expect. Hickey is clearly the more capable #1. I trust Hickey rucking more than Vardy, but Vardy forward than I do Hickey. So it does give us some selection headaches when Nic comes back. Could Nic be a genuine impact ruck only? (Ie: Centre bounces only + forward 50 stoppages)

But that’s not Vardys fault- he’s built the trust from last year that we know what we will get from him. He was serviceable on the weekend, albeit against inexperienced opposition. Hopefully that bit of confidence he got from that he can take into this week.

Looks like it will be Nelson for Jetta. Which is a shame for Jacko- he wasn’t awful. Think he still has a footballing future, just suspect it will be elsewhere from next year.

Just hoping that this WB newby Gardner doesn’t pull out an Aaron Edwards style first quarter this week on debut. IMO it feels like the script is written.

He’s there to draw attention from Naughton- so I hope we pay him enough respect as they obviously think they can stretch us in the air. Bontempelli, Gowers, Lloyd, Naughton are all seriously capable overhead.

I acknowledge the humor in this post but.........
I think you know that his spell on the sidelines will be short lived weather you like it or not.
We all know that his abilities are valued by all those that make the final decisions.
I am realistic and also know that Masten is not a superstar but I also know that he has made a significant contribution to the club and should not be disrespected in a way we have witnessed on this board.
He will always have his detractors but he will be remembered as a 200 game Premiership player who averaged 21 possies a game which puts him in elite company.
Someone will emerge to take his place and I look forward to that time because he has to be as good or better than Masto in the short term. I can see Smith being groomed for that role or maybe Petch down the track but currently we do not have a like for like.
At the end of the day I believe that someone should stand-up and object to the vitriol that has been directed towards a very good player and a great club man.

Yes for Waterman one of them will.
They are better footballers. Both can play some mid minutes and play half fwd better. Both can kick a ball better.
Waterman has 1 role to his bow its FF. Thats not going to happen at WCE.
JK one more year. NN back to play fwd minutes
Allen, Brander, Williams and any others. Edwards maybe too?
In your humble opinion???
Actually, I disagree about Waterman and his future with the club or that Sneeze and Smith are better footballers. I'm not here to preach or be preached to. I'm not trying to be the Grand Wazoo of football knowledge or the Nostradamus of football's future...but hey, knock yourself out!

Disappointed Hickey misses again :(

Hard to imagine he's going to really get another proper crack on his own before Naitanui comes back. Could be a long stint in the WAFL coming up.

Vardy literally did the bare minimum last week. Scraped a pass mark and fought back after lowering his colours in the first half against a 9 gamer.

Out of all our ruckman, I rate him the worst this year, which is why I'd like him replaced sooner rather than later. Not that I think he'll have any dramas against English.
I somewhat agree with Hickey being in better form but he has an injury cloud hanging over him. He needs a couple of weeks in the WAFL to dispel those fears.
The last thing we want is Hick going down in the 1st quarter and Allen having to ruck the whole game.
I thought the NicNat situation has taught us to be patient.

In your humble opinion???
Actually, I disagree about Waterman and his future with the club or that Sneeze and Smith are better footballers. I'm not here to preach or be preached to. I'm not trying to be the Grand Wazoo of football knowledge or the Nostradamus of football's future...but hey, knock yourself out!
I'm with you on this one Astro7.
The one thing that I admire about WCE is that they are an old style club who backs their players in and doesn't move them on at first opportunity.
I believe this has definitely aided us in player retention.
Unlike the Dockers who currently have 12 players on other club lists (8 playing regular games).WC have 4 ( 2 playing regular games.)
It has also made WCE a more respected destination club. (look at our players traded in compared to the riffraff the Dockers have been able to attract)

I acknowledge the humor in this post but.........
I think you know that his spell on the sidelines will be short lived weather you like it or not.
We all know that his abilities are valued by all those that make the final decisions.
I am realistic and also know that Masten is not a superstar but I also know that he has made a significant contribution to the club and should not be disrespected in a way we have witnessed on this board.
He will always have his detractors but he will be remembered as a 200 game Premiership player who averaged 21 possies a game which puts him in elite company.
Someone will emerge to take his place and I look forward to that time because he has to be as good or better than Masto in the short term. I can see Smith being groomed for that role or maybe Petch down the track but currently we do not have a like for like.
At the end of the day I believe that someone should stand-up and object to the vitriol that has been directed towards a very good player and a great club man.
Was just having a joke, I'm not exactly a Masten hater but I'm not a Masten lover either.
I think he's got some serious weaknesses to his game which are very frustrating to watch but I do acknowledge that he's being asked to play a role and seems to be playing it well enough and he's obviously contributed to club over his career. Could someone else play this role who has less of these weaknesses in his game? Maybe Duggan (although he has his own issues), probably not anyone in the WAFL at the moment which speaks to our poor midfield depth. The other question I have though is have we missed him since he's been out? I'm not sure we have.

All the naivety and unswerving conviction is there but everything that was good and pure about goeagles has been lost and replaced with negativity and disloyalty. Sad.

Love the way anytime anyone has a different opinion to the masses they are labelled Fremantle supporters or trolls and people try to run them out of town.

Must be a boring life you guys lead surrounded by everyone who is the same as you.
;)

Love the way anytime anyone has a different opinion to the masses they are labelled Fremantle supporters or trolls and people try to run them out of town.

Must be a boring life you guys lead surrounded by everyone who is the same as you.
;)

Different opinions are fine. Repeatedly bleating the same ones, wishing injuries on Eagles’ players you don’t like, derailing thread after thread with the same opinion no matter how irrelevant to the topic at hand, that’s the issue here.

Different opinions are often the reason this site is any good. Turning every thread into a mud slinging match over who likes a player you don’t, or arguing about what we’ll do in free agency next season in a round three changes thread is very different to that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back