FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

That doco is very good, just finished watching it. Gives you a real sense of how invested in it everyone associated with the production was. It worked, of course, because visually it was amazing. I feel for those who poured their heart and soul into that final season and have to hear that it wasn’t liked, but the plot not making sense simply isn’t their fault.

Re-watching from the start.

This show is rubbish. In one scene Cersei and Jaime are in King's Landing, 5 minutes later they're at Winterfell. This dumb teleporting is so frustrating.

Re-watching from the start.

This show is rubbish. In one scene Cersei and Jaime are in King's Landing, 5 minutes later they're at Winterfell. This dumb teleporting is so frustrating.
When do you ever see Carsei and Jamie go from Kings Landing to Winterfell. Don't they just arrive at the start of Episode 1, you don't see them in Kings Landing before that? And as far as I recall Carsei never returns to Winterfell

When do you ever see Carsei and Jamie go from Kings Landing to Winterfell. Don't they just arrive at the start of Episode 1, you don't see them in Kings Landing before that? And as far as I recall Carsei never returns to Winterfell

Yes you do, they have a scene during Jon Arryn's funeral in King's Landing where they speculate whether he told Robert about the two of them.

Not sure why you're trying to tell me I'm wrong when I literally just watched the episode. :p

Cersei does have a line about them having ridden for a month, but I'm poking fun at people not being happy with Dany flying from Winterfell to Dragonstone in one ep. Clearly the show has always done it when it hasn't felt the need to show the travel.

Yes you do, they have a scene during Jon Arryn's funeral in King's Landing where they speculate whether he told Robert about the two of them.

Not sure why you're trying to tell me I'm wrong when I literally just watched the episode. :p

Cersei does have a line about them having ridden for a month, but I'm poking fun at people not being happy with Dany flying from Winterfell to Dragonstone in one ep. Clearly the show has always done it when it hasn't felt the need to show the travel.

Difference is you get a sense of time passing, there are scenes in between showing people preparing, and you get a character mentioning how long they have traveled.

The whole Gendry running to eastwatch, sending a raven to dragonstone and flying all the way across a continent...defending that nonsense is impossible. At the time I just brushed it aside, but looking back it was so stupid, IDK how the script survived the shredder.

Difference is you get a sense of time passing, there are scenes in between showing people preparing, and you get a character mentioning how long they have traveled.

The whole Gendry running to eastwatch, sending a raven to dragonstone and flying all the way across a continent...defending that nonsense is impossible. At the time I just brushed it aside, but looking back it was so stupid, IDK how the script survived the shredder.
I'm talking about Season 8.

Ah, my mistake.

But yes I do agree with you, that episode where the 'teleporting' literally impacted the plot was very bad.

Every other instance people have complained about hasn't had an impact on the plot, just an impact on the speed of the story being told, if that makes sense.

I don't think you quite understand what people were complaining about.

Nobody cares about the time jumps. Those are a necessary storytelling artefact, given the times required to travel those distances in a medieval world. What we objected to was them giving ridiculous timeframes for travel, particularly when we have reference times from previous seasons.

I don't think you quite understand what people were complaining about.

Nobody cares about the time jumps. Those are a necessary storytelling artefact, given the times required to travel those distances in a medieval world. What we objected to was them giving ridiculous timeframes for travel, particularly when we have reference times from previous seasons.
I do know what people are complaining about and several complained about the jumping around the map. If you didn't that's great for you.

Ok, so somehow I ended up looking at a YouTube video of an interview with Boy George in 1984 and thought to myself 'bloody hell he looks like Sansa Stark!'

I went to the internet and I'm not the only one it seems.

`1`1`1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how this has just died in the arse.

It was all anyone was talking about, then they butchered it so badly that it had been almost instantly forgotten.

I suspect a lot of people gave up trying to discuss anything on this thread because it was overtaken by tiresome and repetitive negativity.

Took some effort but i started watching from beginning.....the nuance, the wit. I remembered why i luv it
Those last couple of seasons should open a portal 2 hell and jump in

I suspect a lot of people gave up trying to discuss anything on this thread because it was overtaken by tiresome and repetitive negativity.

I think everyone just needed a break from the epic series. It, like living in those times, was a slog.

Not at all - look at The Last Jedi thread; and I also wasn't talking about Big Footy specifically.

After all of the build up, the excitement and anticipation... no one gives a s**t.

This is the best breakdown of what went wrong with S8 I've seen so far.

His theory, doing what the author had broadly planned for his unfinished book series actually worked against the show's story, is a good one. Someone going crazy over two, 1000 page books is probably far more convincing. Daenerys getting killed by a White Walker or Euron or an alligator would've been more believable than the 'Oh she's crazy now, just believe it, now someone must murder her' forced stuff we got.

His theory, doing what the author had broadly planned for his unfinished book series actually worked against the show's story, is a good one. Someone going crazy over two, 1000 page books is probably far more convincing. Daenerys getting killed by a White Walker or Euron or an alligator would've been more believable than the 'Oh she's crazy now, just believe it, now someone must murder her' forced stuff we got.
If they'd done a different ending, wouldn't those screaming for GRRM's version be even louder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back