Religion Folau

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Agreed. Islamic extremists should be able to incite or commit acts of terror in the name of jihad without feeling the fear of losing their job. It’s just not right!
The time I see an Islamic fundamentalist start demanding male only spaces and saying how those who reject the prophet will burn, and you and the Libs having to defend his right to not be sacked, is the day that is coming.

And it will be glorious.

Fagan Pride

All Australian
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The time I see an Islamic fundamentalist start demanding male only spaces and saying how those who reject the prophet will burn, and you and the Libs having to defend his right to not be sacked, is the day that is coming.

And it will be glorious.
Don’t hold your breath, old sport.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Don’t hold your breath, old sport.
It will happen.

And it will again highlight you're on the same side as islamic fundies on these issues. You can all go to an island and * each other into oblivion for all I care.

I wonder if the taliban right has bothered to run these restrictions on personnel decisions by industry yet.

Fagan Pride

All Australian
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It will happen.

And it will again highlight you're on the same side as islamic fundies on these issues. You can all go to an island and **** each other into oblivion for all I care.

I wonder if the taliban right has bothered to run these restrictions on personnel decisions by industry yet.
Yes, I’m sure it’ll happen in exactly the same way that the ALP were supposed to win the federal election.

You need to put the pipe down and take a break from here.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Yes, I’m sure it’ll happen in exactly the same way that the ALP were supposed to win the federal election.

You need to put the pipe down and take a break from here.
No, have a think. You want a law that exempts religious beliefs from work contracts.

That will come back to bite you on the arse. It will be used to justify some Islamist who thinks women should not be heard, and that non-believers don't deserve to live.

And you will have to defend their right to express it at a workplace.

Fagan Pride

All Australian
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No, have a think. You want a law that exempts religious beliefs from work contracts.

That will come back to bite you on the arse. It will be used to justify some Islamist who thinks women should not be heard, and that non-believers don't deserve to live.

And you will have to defend their right to express it at a workplace.
Folau’s post was a condemnation of particular behaviours and lifestyles. He’s not calling for anyone to die because of them, or denying anyone to have a voice because of them. You’re being extra wacky today. Everything all good friend?

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Folau’s post was a condemnation of particular behaviours and lifestyles. He’s not calling for anyone to die because of them, or denying anyone to have a voice because of them. You’re being extra wacky today. Everything all good friend?
The example I used didn't involve a direction to inflict violence.

Folau condemned a group of people.

See? This the s**t you've already stepped in.

You are exactly like them. You just can't see it.

Fagan Pride

All Australian
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The example I used didn't involve a direction to inflict violence.

Folau condemned a group of people.

See? This the **** you've already stepped in.

You are exactly like them. You just can't see it.
Folau condemned groups and behaviours and posted a biblical verse stating that said people will not end up in the same afterlife destination as him. Irrespective of where he thinks those people will go after death, if Folau is courteous to these people and treats them with respect as he would with anyone else, than what is the issue here? Heaven is a made up place. It’s not a legal right so to speak to end up there after death, like it is for women to be heard.

You’re comparing apples and oranges.

Hit the log out button brother. You are cooked.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Folau condemned groups and behaviours and posted a biblical verse stating that said people will not end up in the same afterlife destination as him. Irrespective of where he thinks those people will go after death, if Folau is courteous to these people and treats them with respect as he would with anyone else, than what is the issue here? Heaven is a made up place. It’s not a legal right so to speak to end up there after death, like it is for women to be heard.

You’re comparing apples and oranges.

Hit the log out button brother. You are cooked.
No.

I never said that said islamist will be actively stopping women from speaking. I said it's his belief that women are 2nd class, or that non-believers shouldn't live. Just like Folau's belief that homosexuals will burn in hell. These are all religious beliefs.

This is what the door will be opened for.

And watching the taliban right squirming to defend will be pay per view watching.

Fagan Pride

All Australian
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No.

I never said that said islamist will be actively stopping women from speaking. I said it's his belief that women are 2nd class, or that non-believers shouldn't live. Just like Folau's belief that homosexuals will burn in hell. These are all religious beliefs.

This is what the door will be opened for.

And watching the taliban right squirming to defend will be pay per view watching.
Nope. Just like your pre election predictions, you’re well off the mark with this.

On an entirely different note, very weird for you to be critical of some of these Islamic views given how much you support those on manus being brought to Australia.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Nope. Just like your pre election predictions, you’re well off the mark with this.

On an entirely different note, very weird for you to be critical of some of these Islamic views given how much you support those on manus being brought to Australia.

Your homophobic nonsense will make you feel a bit icky when you have to share it with islamists.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Well, as usual within the Libs when push comes to shove, Mammon looks like besting Allah.

It couldn't be set up more perfectly. Porter is the AG and minister for IR. He got the votes of the happy clappers, but it appears industry is far enough up his clacker to not push through these laws and regulate them.

Attorney-General Christian Porter is pushing back on calls from within the Coalition to exempt religious beliefs from employment contracts, which could afford legal protection to views like those expressed by rugby player Israel Folau.

Mr Porter, who was sworn in as Attorney-General and Minister for Industrial Relations this week, cautioned the government was not necessarily interested in "trying to prevent individuals privately contracting the terms of their employment".

Exactly he signed a contract knowing the rules, then he tries to come up with excuses . 'Jesus told me to do it' doesn't cut it in this day and age.
Yep I sign contracts on a regular basis and they almost 100% have a no-media comment clause, or a no-adverse exposure/comment clause that prohibits me from undertaking in any activity, including commenting on social media, that is likely to have an adverse or negative affect on the principal.

I sign these contracts in the full knowledge of what this means, Folau knew, if he didn't agree to this term, then he should have negotiated this out of his contract. Now he breached the terms of his contract and the RWNJ and yelling religious oppression!

The irony of this is, the same people who are now yelling about Folau being unfairly dismissed, are the same RWNJ who claimed that unfair dismissal laws are unfair to employers, and employers should be able to terminate employees for any reason.

Not as icky as how I feel having to share a country with you and your radical left brethren that are so hell bent on tearing this country down.
Jesus would be called a radical left brethern by you RWNJ's!

Honestly though, how many people just want him punished because you disagree with his religion and/or beliefs? I'd imagine it's the majority.

Pretty sad IMO.

But his beliefs are bigoted and disgusting.

Had he kept his light under a bushel he’d be fine.

Now we’re all looking at him like the idiot he is and... he spent how much to say he hates the gays?

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
But his beliefs are bigoted and disgusting.

Had he kept his light under a bushel he’d be fine.

Now we’re all looking at him like the idiot he is and... he spent how much to say he hates the gays?
I completely agree. The only thing I don't like is the pleasure people seem to be getting out of the repercussions, particularly those actively wanting him fired etc. Don't like it in other situations and don't like it in this one.

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I applaud Senator Abetz for intervening on Folaus behalf on this issue. Any reasonably minded person will never consider accusations of immorality (alcoholism, adultery, etc...) as something that qualifies as 'hate speech'. It's a totally ludicrous inane position to take that only disingenuous types with extreme political agendas disagree with.

Heck I personally am physically 'revolted/disgusted' whenever I come across sexual acts involving same sex individuals. It's an involuntarily reflex akin to watching an obese person in a state of undress, (had difficulty keeping my eyes open during the opening credits of Nocturnal Animals), human faeces apart from my own, Indian currry (the stench makes me feel instantly ill) etc,etc, etc... Apparently some far lefty types define me as a homophobe for my brain responding in this subconscious uncontrollable manner. lulz

It doesn't mean though that I have the right to demand that that sort of behaviour be banned to assuage and appease my own sensibilities simply because such attitude reeks of draconian fascism and it's not a cause of action that should be contemplated and carried out in a truly democratic secular society.

But the number 1 issue that is of utmost importance and that this case has brought to the surface is that as long as an employee is not inciting genuine hate speech (i.e. killing, beating, etc... homosexuals for their sexuality) than no boss/employer has the right to terminate their employees' employment based on what they express outside of their workplace, whether religious or not.

That uppity little Irish leprechaun twerp has delusions of grandeur and arrogantly overreached by treating Qantas as his personal little toy kingdom that he can use to strong-arm a sporting code they happen to sponsor and force them to fall in line with his own delicate sensibilities. The sooner he's put back in his box the better and RA are no better for being yellow bellied cowards for not standing up to his stupidity and allowing him to dictate employees perfectly legal conduct outside his place of work.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Honestly though, how many people just want him punished because you disagree with his religion and/or beliefs? I'd imagine it's the majority.

Pretty sad IMO.
I couldn’t care less whether or not he’s being punished for his particular brand of cult worship.
He is merely being punished by an organisation that he was in their employ.
Your victimisation of him is rather cute though, albeit creepy.👍

Back