Preview Round 11, 2019: Geelong Cats vs Sydney Swans @ GMHBA Stadium, Saturday, June 1, 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Geelong in Geelong is about as difficult a proposition as there is right now, but we've played the ground well in the last few years and they aren't playing out of this world atm. They're playing well, but they're not invincible and one of their best this year in Ablett is out, while Dangerfield has been injured or playing injured for around the last month.

I don't think we'll win but I'm expecting a very competitive showing.

Jon Walters

Draftee
Apr 29, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I Wont bore anyone with my Ramblings this Week

McVeigh for 30+ Disposals
COR for a Goal

Bounce back ability is very important
it reminds me of the 2012 / 2013 Season , i scored 2 Glorious goals in the Kop end at Anfield on St.Stephens day.
The Press didn't give us a hope - but 3 DVRBs in the dressing room before Kick off had me hopping

2 Weeks later and i scored 2 own goals in the one game.
Most people would drop the head but im made of Sterner stuff than that
i never give in , never give up.... Second half started - we still had a chance

80th minute - we win a Penalty , i Ran straight to Shawcross -Screamed in his Face - SKIPPER THIS IS MINE!
My Brothers on the Team were in awe at my Mental resilience

I tore the ball from his hand , put it on the spot
12 steps back , Cech was in the goal ... he was nervous.
BOOM - buried it off the crossbar.
We Lost 4 Nil

Bobby Huth gave me a Bottle of Buckfast and a Slap Across the Face on the Bus on the way home

Bounce back ability.... its vital

Last edited:

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Can see Menzel kicking a lazy 3-4 goals in a tight win.

We’ll probably lose by 30 or so but I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if it’s a nail biter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can see Menzel kicking a lazy 3-4 goals in a tight win.

We’ll probably lose by 30 or so but I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if it’s a nail biter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is DA.

DA likes sitting on fences.

Say hello DA.

:p:p

McVeigh for Thurlow is a no brainer. Didn't trust Thurlow with ball in hand at all.

Thurlow is indecisive and McVeigh is the opposite.

Good to have him back, probably won't be a game changer though.

Fully expecting a slow start to Menzel's Swans career too but exciting to have him in the squad.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Knoll in the emergencies is a good sign.

Reckon he's one sinclair like performance from Sinclair to get a go.
Not cool to denigrate Sinkers IMHO. The guy has bled for the shirt, been amonsgst our best in tough times last year, and is completely worn down by battling bigger guys week in, week out - for the most part with very little help. I'd love him to get rest this week and Knoll play as Knoll will win the taps - but I'm not bagging a warrior.
Our best team could well have him playing forward/2nd ruck and McCartin as KPD.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?

COR for a Goal

it reminds me of the 2012 / 2013 Season , i scored 2 Glorious goals in the Kop end at Anfield on St.Stephens day.
The Press didn't give us a hope - but 3 DVRBs in the dressing room before Kick off had me hopping

80th minute - we win a Penalty , i Ran straight to Shawcross -Screamed in his Face - SKIPPER THIS IS MINE!

We Lost 4 Nil

Bobby Huth gave me a Bottle of Buckfast and a Slap Across the Face on the Bus on the way home

I have no idea what you're talking about but I enjoyed it immensely.

Not cool to denigrate Sinkers IMHO. The guy has bled for the shirt, been amonsgst our best in tough times last year, and is completely worn down by battling bigger guys week in, week out - for the most part with very little help. I'd love him to get rest this week and Knoll play as Knoll will win the taps - but I'm not bagging a warrior.
Our best team could well have him playing forward/2nd ruck and McCartin as KPD.

If all the kpps were fit and in form, I would have Reid at FB. McCartin adds mobility to a tall fwd line. As well Tom, the fwd line would inc Buddy, Menzell and Blakey. Unhappily I see no room for an average fwd ruck like Sinkers. Grassy if he works out rucks with pinch hitting efforts from others.

dosser

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

COR for a Goal

We Lost 4 Nil

Jon, whatever world you live in, I would love to visit it from time to time. I always enjoy your surreal posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Knoll can get experience playing AFL. He’s coming from the SANFL which is far greater than the NEAFL bush league!
The Reserves are playing the Brisbane Lions tomorrow and if their last game against each other is any guide he’ll be getting more than enough experience playing in it.

I don't care if we lose, all I want is for us to look competitive. The best thing through the last 3 weeks is how hard the kids have been trying. Just looking forward to more improvement

I am happy to see the kids do well and take the long view

But every loss hurts who wants to lose?

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
The Reserves are playing the Brisbane Lions tomorrow and if their last game against each other is any guide he’ll be getting more than enough experience playing in it.
That’s fantastic, the Seniors are playing in the AFL tomorrow afternoon and I’m sure he’ll get more than enough experience playing in this game should he be a late inclusion.

I've never not cared if we lose. Dont understand this!

Wins and losses is secondary this year. It’s about development both in the short and especially in the long term. Look forward to 2-3 years down the track. We are rebuilding on the run. If we win that’s great, if not as long as the players dig in, I’m happy.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
That’s fantastic, the Seniors are playing in the AFL tomorrow afternoon and I’m sure he’ll get more than enough experience playing in this game should he be a late inclusion.
Personally I’d think it’s better to give an inexperienced guy who has literally just arrived on our doorstep a game in Reserves to get at least a taste of our game plan before throwing him into the deep end against arguably the best team in the league.

But what the hell, he’s drafted, so sink or swim, right.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Personally I’d think it’s better to give an inexperienced guy who has literally just arrived on our doorstep a game in Reserves to get at least a taste of our game plan before throwing him into the deep end against arguably the best team in the league.

But what the hell, he’s drafted, so sink or swim, right.
I look at it this way. He’s got VFL and SANFL experience, he even represented the SANFL. That’s far more impressive than NEAFL reserves. That’s the footy side.

On the game plan side, I also think it’s ‘meh’. How many trades midseason do NFL, NBA and any soccer league have and their recruits are backing up the following week? Personally, it’s something brought up by people who actually overthink the simplicity of it all. Throw him in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back