Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Warhorse is referring to WA.

Id expect it to be low key for the next month or two... but there a point that Cook etc must want an answer ..perhaps end of July. Then I suspect it will start to get some media heat.

Oe can only hope M is on the money... another 3 years of Kelly in Geelong would be ideal for side structure.

Id expect it to be low key for the next month or two... but there a point that Cook etc must want an answer ..perhaps end of July. Then I suspect it will start to get some media heat.

Whenever it is a quiet week with news the media will stoke the fire and put it back on the agenda. Rampe climbing the goal post, Brad Scott getting sacked, the mid season draft etc. plenty of other stuff to talk about the last few weeks.

It’s very likely, of course. But there are precedents to the contrary - Gaff, Josh Kelly, etc.

None of those had previously asked for a trade under the same or similar circumstances. It's a point of difference.
Just an opinion but if he's not signed by finals then I think we are a long shot of retaining him.
In saying that, I think we are a very good chance.

Whenever it is a quiet week with news the media will stoke the fire and put it back on the agenda. Rampe climbing the goal post, Brad Scott getting sacked, the mid season draft etc. plenty of other stuff to talk about the last few weeks.

I think Ablett got of light this because of it. Yes later on Im sure you are correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/06/06/report-bulldogs-keen-on-star-eagles-forward/

This could add a lot of ammunition to West Coast pick bank .... The Dogs have money and are hunting...

Darling is contracted .. and RFA next year. It would take a very good deal to move him imo.
It has been reported that that article is untrue - the Bullies have come out saying it's all BS! Anyway can't see Darling going anywhere as he is a local lad and both he and his wife have family here and also have 2 small children.

Not great and I didn't realise the older child also has ASD. Family must come first and if that means heading back west, then so be it.

Family must always come 1st, however raising someone on the spectrum does not primarily require family support but professional support, family can help but also can be somewhat of a hindrance (not knowing how to interact).

This is a 1st for geelong and it's just such a shame from a selfish point of view, that he is such a good player and seems as though we will have his services for just 2 yrs...

I'm still quietly confident we will get a 2 or 3 yr deal from him though...

It has been reported that that article is untrue - the Bullies have come out saying it's all BS! Anyway can't see Darling going anywhere as he is a local lad and both he and his wife have family here and also have 2 small children.

OK if it has been denied that sort of deflates my point... although he is a contracted player.. Im not sure clubs would like to be to obvious about their targets at this time of the year.

Last edited:
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/6e37922f1862a47ca79d66b313504f86

At Fremantle they will be doing some juggling with their cap space to free up cash for Tim Kelly.

But even with Hayden Ballantyne, Aaron Sandilands and likely Harley Bennell retiring, they aren’t seen to have more than $700,000 a season available for the Cats flyer.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/6e37922f1862a47ca79d66b313504f86

This sort of tells me they may like to trade a player as part of the deal to open up part of their cap..

At Fremantle they will be doing some juggling with their cap space to free up cash for Tim Kelly.

But even with Hayden Ballantyne, Aaron Sandilands and likely Harley Bennell retiring, they aren’t seen to have more than $700,000 a season available for the Cats flyer.

This sort of tells me they may like to trade a player as part of the deal to open up part of their cap..

I take it that everyone thinks he’s gone.

My very late mail is that partner doesn’t want the responsibility of taking ‘TK away from his cats’.

Hope everyone understands she is really young with allot of stuff on her plate. Gosh TK is only what 24. Whatever they do wish them all the best,loved every second of it. Will cheer TK whatever he does. Absolute champion on ALL fronts and so is partner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My daughter has one child who is healthy and he is a handfull.

I can imagine the difficulty at home, so to TK and partner I wish them the best and they have done an admiral job to date.
Yes understandably they do need support and i am sure the club will do its best to assist them.

It shows how TK focuses on the job at hand. Whatever happens TK is a great player and i am very proud to have him in our colours.

I would be very surprised if he stayed. My guess is in the next few weeks we will get the old "negotiations on hold until the end of the season" line, and then that will be it. It looks like he genuinely likes the club, but the pull of family and home can be very strong. As somebody who lives interstate myself I get that.

That being said, good on him for not losing the plot after his trade request failed last year. He came back to the club this year, put his head down and just kept on playing. Now he's a Brownlow contender and his form means we have a much better shot at extracting a good deal at the trade table this year (albeit from just 2 clubs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back