Preview Round 11 - Carlton vs Essendon* Sunday 2nd June 2019 3.20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you assume I am surmising that?

My point is simply that we are playing on much more than the average (attempting to move the ball quickly) but our execution means we aren't achieving it.

I have said a number of times this week that our forward line is incredibly inexperienced (216 games between McKay, McGovern, Curnow, Silvagni, Cuningham and Gibbons) and have played less than 10 games together. Their running patterns and positioning is cruelling our attempts to move the ball fast (as players play on and then have not options to kick to) as much as our inability to hit targets at crucial times.
I would argue that their average level of mobility and ability to double up, combined with throwing the smallest possible players into the middle of the park to get smacked around, are the reasons why.

We have the talent to make a fist of it, but then we tie both our hands behind our backs and run around trying to use harsh language to make something happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my partner's mum died this morning - heading up to brisbane tomorrow to support her - will miss the game - from great sadness comes a little solace.......
Sorry to hear that...got a similar tale from this morning also with a family member gone....thoughts go with you and yours

my partner's mum died this morning - heading up to brisbane tomorrow to support her - will miss the game - from great sadness comes a little solace.......

Condolences Thy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back