Autopsy Smashed the Tigers - Rd 11, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't walked away being so happy with a North win like that in some time.

What can you say, that was THE brand of footy we should play. PRESSURE. TACKLING. MONGREL. UNSOCIABLE.

Top it off with the classy ball users and baby you got a stew goin'.

We didn't even let the Tiges get a sniff of it. We destroyed them.

I ******* love this club, its full of surprises.

Not sure why. Been good all year.
Decision making, inadvertently turning the ball over resulting in goals the other way, especially when kicking across goal in the D50! Would work tirelessly to turn the ball over and result in a direct goal! Hurt us when losing games to port and hawthorn by such small margins HOWEVER! He has completely ironed the part of his game out and contributed massively in the second half tonight! Flawless since geelong! Well done Jasper

Congrats - first NM game I’ve enjoyed watching for sometime to be honest, look forward to seeing a few more. Love the Shaw’s - great footy family and great around the club. Good luck moving forward and one less Scott brother presser whine I need to sit through.

Lots of positives. One negative, missed my 47 point margin when it looked live with 10mins to go... would have been a handy $500.

You could argue a great case for that, what a game of footy, played it the way it was meant to be played. He's either got it or there got it, and by **** he'd try and kill someone to get it off them. Is very skilled as well just quietly.

Cunners was superb. I cannot split it tbh by about 5 players- Wood was immense

Jed Anderson smashed the game apart in the first quarter and Jy Simpkin wasn't far behind. Brown too. Even Higgins started to get it together by the end of the game. Jack was very, very good early too.

Lots of good players. Gonna be an interesting vote count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LDU moved well tonight. Seemed a little restricted after a break out game or two early in the season. Good to see.

Can’t wait to see TT in 2 years time, looked stuffed in the last qtr.

Still need a few pieces but the board is coming together nicely.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Another dozen or so games and he will turn it on!

He doesn’t need a lot to make an impact. This bloke will be better than Cyril. His footy intelligence is off the charts
Always in it, doing something, the one %er! This kid will be better than wells! Will go out on a limb and put one forward that this kid has the potential the be the best indigenous player NMFC will ever see!

Last edited:
Best game by Polec for the club. Wasn't just handball receives, went in and got it.

The 5 tackles by Wood and going in hard was more impressive than the 4 goals.

Shaw got the entire team playing hard, putting their bodies on the line and playing for each other. Been a while sine we have seen that.

That contest where it ricocheted off dumont in the centre of the ground, Mason threw himself into traffic and flicked the ball out into space for us to move the footy.

He put his body in harms way tonight and looked much better for it

North Melbourne turned out to play tonight. It was a terrific game. Will really be happy if the team shows that level of commitment for the rest of the season. Even if it gets them to 9th or 10th. That's up from here and would set up some momentum for 2020. Even more so if we are getting the young blokes up to AFL standard and they are adopting a winning culture around the club.

I'm not going to get carried away from one game, I've seen us play like this on occasion before, (vs hawks last year, Crows before that come to mind)

But * me that was a nice game to watch. If we keep up that tackling pressure the game just gets so much easier to control. Lovely win.

Also, on TT, someone said 7 possies for the day- watching on a screen it looked like he was everywhere when it mattered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back