Autopsy Smashed the Tigers - Rd 11, 2019

Best win since well I don’t know. Adelaide in Hobart?
Just so comprehensive.
We were on from the start.

All I want is Jed and Zurhaar highlights package.
I honestly thought Jed was going to kill someone tonight.
There was a contest on the half forward line in the 2nd quarter and I was sure he and Zurhaar killed a guy.

Also I called it in the match thread. Jy has arrived. He is going to tear up teams regularly.

On another note, how goods Tarrant. Champion. Shinboner.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That contest where it ricocheted off dumont in the centre of the ground, Mason threw himself into traffic and flicked the ball out into space for us to move the footy.

He put his body in harms way tonight and looked much better for it

Resulted in a goal.

ELITE football smarts.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LDU mentioned in the roaming Brian segment that Rhyce gave him a different role tonight, telling him to play a little more on instinct. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the message to all the young guys. Simpkin is another that seemed to enjoy playing his way tonight.

I'm really glad Shaw ran with that, because its what these types of players need. Especially Simpkin. They aren't system type players they are instinct players.

If you put the pressure on and tell em to have a crack for you, they will. The skills come along for that ride and we saw it firsthand.

northman

Debutant
Apr 21, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
CAROLINA
Has to be said, well done to Ben Buckley for pulling the trigger. Tonight was brilliant and yes, one win doesn't make a successful coach, but it was the manner of the win that struck me most. The Shaw's are blue collar battlers, very much like the NMFC, it could be the perfect match, time will tell.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
In the first 5 minutes you could tell this was upside down land compared to Scotts structures rigour

Did anyone see Zooharrrr embrace Shaw post game in the Rooms?

Rewind to his ambivalence last week post game on the ground towards Scotts

Shaw has the buy in that Scotts had lost ....and that was plain to see in Hobart

Has to be said, well done to Ben Buckley for pulling the trigger. Tonight was brilliant and yes, one win doesn't make a successful coach, but it was the manner of the win that struck me most. The Shaw's are blue collar battlers, very much like the NMFC, it could be the perfect match, time will tell.

Saw him upstairs tonight (before the game) and wanted to tell him he made the right decision but couldn't catch him. Hopefully he knows, it's never easy but he did well in the end.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Houli had 38 disposals but turned it over 8 times. We probably should've targeted him a bit more but we read his plays so well. Couple of times he kicked it out only for it to come back almost immediately.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ch7 playing the videos of possible reportable incidents. Worried about Marley for a "chicken wing" tackle that didn't look too bad, but Ling says no worries for flosten throwing a punch that collected Thomson on the snoz, then (low impact) kick to the guts when he was on the deck. Ling - I suppose that off the ball contact to the head with a fist is OK to you, but you think a tackle of a bloke who tries to thrust off with an arm should cop a fine. What a fok knuckle.

Houli had 38 disposals but turned it over 8 times. We probably should've targeted him a bit more but we read his plays so well. Couple of times he kicked it out only for it to come back almost immediately.
Only reason it wasn’t a 12 goal thumping.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Ch7 playing the videos of possible reportable incidents. Worried about Marley for a "chicken wing" tackle that didn't look too bad, but Ling says no worries for flosten throwing a punch that collected Thomson on the snoz, then (low impact) kick to the guts when he was on the deck. Ling - I suppose that off the ball contact to the head with a fist is OK to you, but you think a tackle of a bloke who ties o thrust off with an arm should cop a fine. What a fok knuckle.

They just make s**t up n the fly.

Back