Autopsy Smashed the Tigers - Rd 11, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain to me why Jarrad Waite got such a armchair ride out of the AFL system when you had Wood/Zurhaar/Larkey in the reserves?

Surely this went a long way to costing Scott his job. These guys should have been in the side alot earlier then they were. How can you dump Brent Harvey to give young guys a chance yet plod along Jarrad Waite when you got those 3 in the reserves. All 3 are gems if you ask me and the idea that they had to wait for Waite to depart seems crazy to me
Waitey missed enough games to give these guys a chance, Scott just refused to pull the trigger on them. Wood's injuries have been his issue.

Waite was a gun.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think last night was the very epitome of the Shinboner Spirit, something we haven't seen for a very long time and I couldn't be more pleased

DEEDS, not WORDS!

Not some marketeers catch phrase of the concept!

It was like the return of the prodigal son. We saw the pre-Brad Scott version of it last night.

Feeling incredibly good today, fantastic game of footy well done to 'The Shaw Things', they looked like they were actually playing how they wanted to play and they were enjoying themselves, terrific stuff. Kind of feels like reality has been tweaked and North Melbourne are back in Town, Go You Good Thing!!

Last edited:
Zurhaar is an old school Shinboner. The determination on his face when he ran down that tackle on the flank, he really cares.
That's what happens when your ranked and taken as a rookie and need to fight to make a career out of footy when your not blessed with natural talent

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Im aware they are not all CHFs but they are all forwards who bring more structure to the team then Jarrad Waite ever has or was going too.

When you drive are you constantly looking in the rear view mirror or on the road ahead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown got a few dubious free kicks but I thought he presented pretty well, especially in the second half.

Sorry, but this is among the most patently ridiculous things you've ever posted. His no-name opponent had one go-to move all night - grab an arm and hold on for dear life. If that's a dubious free kick in your world, you're watching the wrong game.

Wood a different player when confident. More of the last 2 week's, less of the Wood v Swans we saw

Midfield depth was fantastic. Even contributions from Polec, LDU, Anderson, Simpkin, Dumont backed up the 3 main ball winners.

Zurhaar, Thomas, Larkey....future forward line.

Simpkin in the middle with the candy sells all night. Richmond were made to look like Augustus Gloop the way they ate it up all night. Cunnington, Polec and Williams all love it too.

No reason Atley can't play a game like last night every week. McDonald and Macmillan still frustrating. Goldy didn't dominate like he could have v a young ruck. So plenty of improvement to be had still.

Im aware they are not all CHFs but they are all forwards who bring more structure to the team then Jarrad Waite ever has or was going too.

I feel like you don’t understand Waite

For starters North fans LOVE Waite

Waite was a gun for us, he made pretty much everyone else better and was great to watch.

He was able to mentor and support Brown to be a top forward in the league

Also - I for one don’t watch footy to not see see the best players play - you don’t walk champions

That's what happens when your ranked and taken as a rookie and need to fight to make a career out of footy when your not blessed with natural talent

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

But besides all the determination and grit, he showed an incredibly deft touch and skill with his forward 50 entries. Placed and weighted to perfection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back