Preview Preview and changes vs The Gold Coast Suns in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have to wait and see how the VFL goes, but I'd absolutely love to see what these two blokes can bring with a license to play on instinct.
As do I.
I love Ahern but I just can’t see us playing him Cunnington, Ziebell and LDU in team just yet. Midfield becomes susceptible on the spread. That’s unless he plays half back. Up to Ahern and Rhyce.

JMac out makes it interesting... does he bring in:
- Murphy: Like for like (a Brad move)
- Hall: playing him off half back for some extra run
- Taylor: throw Sugar down back again and play another crumbing forward. Our more direct forward movement may benefit from it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will wait for the VFL but not sure we have a HB ready to go this week. Next year Crocker and Murphy, if fit, will leap frog JMac but unlikely this week.

So with that in mind, thinking Turner might spend time back if fit, meaning we can add another forward or mid. I would take the best dynamic player from todays game, meaning Ahern, Hall, Scott, Garner or Taylor

Turner has been anonymous the last fortnight
Tell the guys he tackled.

I said this in the autopsy thread, but it will be ironic if the first game that has had us out of our seats with the team’s all-ground attitude and attack is the one that finally sees Macmillan and Turner out. A classic no changes game otherwise.

Looking forward to reports from ARDEN STREET today.

Out; Turner, Macmillan, Thompson
(All injured/rested)
In; Ahern, Durdin, Garner

B; Atley... Tarrant... Williams
HB; Pittard.. Durdin... McDonald
C; Polec... Cunnington..Higgins
HF; Thomas. Larkey.....Zurhaar
F; Simpkin... Brown... Wood
R; Goldstein....LDU....Anderson
IC; Ziebell. Dumont. Garner. Ahern

Next Up; Scott, Taylor, Hayden, McKay, Murphy, Watson, Xerri, Crocker.
Unavailable; Jacobs, Daw, EVW, Walker
Depth; Thompson, Turner, Macmillan, Tyson, Hall, Wright.
Never to be seen again; Hrovat, Campbell.

Turner has been anonymous the last fortnight
He set the tone early with a good tackle. Was asked to cover down back when JMac went down (as evidenced by JMac giving him instructions in the rooms at half time). It's a shame he is injured because he should be taking JMac's role down back. Like Marley doesn't give an inch.

He set the tone early with a good tackle. Was asked to cover down back when JMac went down (as evidenced by JMac giving him instructions in the rooms at half time). It's a shame he is injured because he should be taking JMac's role down back. Like Marley doesn't give an inch.
Happy to disagree on this one. Ok he can tackle but surely we are looking for more than that. 8 disposals and was ineffective in 1:1 contests that led to Richmond marks inside 50 - just too small to play the role asked IMO. Just don't see him in our best 22.

Happy to disagree on this one. Ok he can tackle but surely we are looking for more than that. 8 disposals and was ineffective in 1:1 contests that led to Richmond marks inside 50 - just too small to play the role asked IMO. Just don't see him in our best 22.
With a pre-season playing with the defenders I see him exactly there. He has all the trademarks of a lock down defender and it's exactly what we need. Wright is on his last legs. JMac is questionable when playing deep on smalls and Marley has been a bit of a lone wolf in recent seasons. There's a reason why we had to play Mountford, Clarke, and even Wagner down back. It's because we struggle with smalls. Pittard helps. Turner is genuinely good 1v1 . He isn't best 22 as a forward because he doesn't offer enough. As a defender he's a shot. It's a defender or delist imo. He fills a need we have.

Can’t wait until the selection committee has to think about BMac, Durdin, Walker, Scott, Crocker, Taylor, Kyron. For gods sake get Kyron in. I would hate to see him delisted at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back