List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That's true. I feel for Lyon it's not so much about playing vs not playing youth, but an apparent apprehensiveness to make any changes to a winning side, structurally or otherwise which is to me his biggest weakness.
I agree. In golf, tournaments are won by the player taking (calculated) risks, not by the players playing steady, risk free, golf.
Ross will get us back into contention no doubt, but I'm still to see that piece of coaching genius and left field thinking that can give us the edge in 'that' moment.

I agree. In golf, tournaments are won by the player taking (calculated) risks, not by the players playing steady, risk free, golf.
Ross will get us back into contention no doubt, but I'm still to see that piece of coaching genius and left field thinking that can give us the edge in 'that' moment.

Yep, I have no doubt about that. It’s the ability to oversee a premiership that I have massive doubts over. And I for one, want a premiership really, really bad!

North showing what a new Coach can do, I think I’ll be done with AFL a while and concentrate on NBA only if Ross Lyon gets a new contract, the game is so boring under his guidance, we have an elite midfield and one of the best forward lines in the comp and we’re still only beating teams outside the 8, it’s painful and joy sucking

North showing what a new Coach can do, I think I’ll be done with AFL a while and concentrate on NBA only if Ross Lyon gets a new contract, the game is so boring under his guidance, we have an elite midfield and one of the best forward lines in the comp and we’re still only beating teams outside the 8, it’s painful and joy sucking

Wow.

Sounds like North are a top 4 team now just because of a new coach.

Exciting times for them, I'm excited for us to punt Lyon for David Hale or better yet, Sumich to make it better for you to watch.

Maka, we aren't only beating teams out of the 8. We kicked both GWS and Brisbane in the pants.

I’m happy we beat GWS was excited again but then I think we lost the next three to basket case clubs, I’m afraid to see what Collingwood do to us today, this thread will blow up for sure, I can’t see us improving, I still think we only win 8-9 this year and it’s just the same as the previous three seasons with false hope, we have such an exciting team that is just working way to hard for no reward

Edit: once in ten weeks we’ve won two in a row, even off the back of a dream opening 8 rounds, it’s not compelling sadly

N
Wow.

Sounds like North are a top 4 team now just because of a new coach.

Exciting times for them, I'm excited for us to punt Lyon for David Hale or better yet, Sumich to make it better for you to watch.

North will be above us in the next few weeks

I like your confidence in North.

You'll make a killing with the bookies, they're paying $13 to make the 8.

What’s our odds to make the 8? We have a bye next week and they have suns, we’re both on 20 points after round 12

I’m happy we beat GWS was excited again but then I think we lost the next three to basket case clubs, I’m afraid to see what Collingwood do to us today, this thread will blow up for sure, I can’t see us improving, I still think we only win 8-9 this year and it’s just the same as the previous three seasons with false hope, we have such an exciting team that is just working way to hard for no reward

Edit: once in ten weeks we’ve won two in a row, even off the back of a dream opening 8 rounds, it’s not compelling sadly

If you want instant results, absolutely you are right.

But it's a marathon, not a sprint. Collingwood are in a premiership window right now because all the ducks are lined up in a row - a multiyear process to get to this point..

We are in a multiyear process of improvement involving turning over the majority of the list. We are in the tail end of a rebuild - seem to be through it quicker and into the tail end of that process than rebuilding teams seem to usually take.

Sure, that means not smashing all teams right now (we're transitioning to that), but the competition has a drafting handicap in place, you aren't meant to always be at the top.

Man, north won last week with an old coach didnt they?
And 2 of our wins were over top 8 sides.
You really are kinda half glass empty arent you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree.

Ross will always make us competitive but just won’t have imagination like a Blight, Clarkson, .

Man, north won last week with an old coach didnt they?
And 2 of our wins were over top 8 sides.
You really are kinda half glass empty arent you?

Mate it’s been 3 seasons since we’ve been in the finals, and 25 years since our inception, not all of us love mediocrity

North have already beaten Gold Coast in round 10? Thanks!

Will put all my cash on that. I'll forward you 5%
He has demonstrated a couple of times in the last few posts that he doesn't actually watch. And keeps threatening that he is going to stop following Fremantle as though anyone on here cares.

He has demonstrated a couple of times in the last few posts that he doesn't actually watch. And keeps threatening that he is going to stop following Fremantle as though anyone on here cares.
Lol nice one, pretty sure my tips are probably destroying yours

How do you like those apples Ross haters?????

Traveled to Canberra, beat GWS. Now the Pies at the G. No blowouts.
Yes, still inconsistent and fwd line needs time.

Buy if anyone doesn't think the rebuild is on track and looking promising is DELUSIONAL!
Does he have what it takes to coach us to a premiership, though?

That remains to be seen. A lot of statistics suggest his time has passed.

However, that type of game at the G, instead of a defensive slog is a step forward I think.

We are clearly on a massive upward trajectory. Can we realistically seriously consider changing the coach just because we're unsure if he can win a flag.

Everyone is unsure of every coach until they actually win one.

Back