theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Boy that was a good win, thought it would go the other way. Loved how we stuck at it despite the lack of reward for effort for long periods.

We are supper organised behind and around the ball - that is standing up big time and making up for some of our less ingenious moments. Anybody laying into Ross, that is all on the coach, he's got us shaping well across the ground. Just need to tidy up some of the general play and get that fwd line on the same page and we'll play finals.
Yes, the players played with heart and soul as a team and some great individual performances, but the coaches hands are all over this win.

LeftFootBanana

All Australian
Aug 7, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really impressed with Buckley’s presser. Class.

Couldn't stand Buckley as a player but he's been all class as a coach and I have a great deal of respect for him. No coach worth their salt would hang the result on a single decision like that. Umpiring decisions went both ways and the Pies got a couple of pretty soft frees that gifted them goals.

If you want to look at a mistake that cost them, the Mihocek miss from spitting distance is top of the list.

sjohnson

Rory Lobbster
Mar 9, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you're after some tunes to go with the celebratory beers, look no further xxx
1559376390755.png

poshman

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 13, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Cox handball to cerra and miss was a big moment that I am hoping in the future we will clean up. Matera running into 50 after the brayshaw bump and bewley should have kick his two or at the very least one of the two.

I highlight these as they were all when the game was in the balance, we still won but potentially could have won by more. Which is incredibly positive.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Cox handball to cerra and miss was a big moment that I am hoping in the future we will clean up. Matera running into 50 after the brayshaw bump and bewley should have kick his two or at the very least one of the two.

I highlight these as they were all when the game was in the balance, we still won but potentially could have won by more. Which is incredibly positive.
Bewley’s two missed shots, too. He had the time to take one more step to balance himself better and could’ve kicked two.

johnthegardener

Team Captain
Jan 14, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
While I'm over the moon with the way we fought out that win I am a bit concerned with Alex Pearce's injury (at least he'll have two weeks to get over it) and very concerned with Cerra's complete lack of pace. He is very very slow.
NOTE TO ROSS : Get him a good athletics coach for the rest of the season. If he can't improve his pace then he should be traded on quickly.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who comes in for Pearce down back? Does Cox move back, move Lobb up forward and Darcy to ruck? Or do we keep the current personnel and bring in Logue?

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you look at the replay of Pearce’s injury, his left leg seems to go a bit wobbly under him the last two strides before kicking. Not sure what that means but in a very layman’s way it looked like the leg actually became loose like it was braking. Was it his left that he broke before?

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
What a win
Boys were superb, i've backed RTB in all the way and ill have to say his plan/restump, rewire is looking like its coming together, apart from the essendon debacle we've been in every game this year, Luke Ryan is a big reason for that IMO ,
involved in the match-winning last minute plays two week in a row BUt....
I'm claiming the credit for our turnaround this year i'm afraid
the last 25 years Ive tipped Freo week in week out regardless of ladder position, form etc..
This year Ive tipped against us against GWS and today
Belly, Rosco hey all I ask is a position in the box, i won't say anything I promise, i"ll just sit there and shut up

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
If you look at the replay of Pearce’s injury, his left leg seems to go a bit wobbly under him the last two strides before kicking. Not sure what that means but in a very layman’s way it looked like the leg actually became loose like it was braking. Was it his left that he broke before?
hope not, it didn't look too good
His body language wasn't flash after the game either

WeaselWJ

All Australian
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
It was his right that he has broken before, not his left. Hopefully that's a good sign, because my mind went to potential leg break as well.

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
can't believe they are giving oxygen to the Chris Mayne touch
didn't impact the outcome of the game at all
Vic's bleeding about their kin

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Pearce a really important player for us. An ace in our defencive pack. But if the worst comes to worst we have time to prepare, and I hope that Logue is ready to go and can step in as our Jumping Jack of Hearts. If he is I prefer that to shuffling Cox.

bushchook

All Australian
Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
can't believe they are giving oxygen to the Chris Mayne touch
didn't impact the outcome of the game at all
Vic's bleeding about their kin

Of course it did. We won by less than a goal.

That said there were many other things that impacted the outcome, but specifically they are talking about this because the technology exists to eliminate these kind of errors and they just didn't use it, apparently because they couldn't be bothered.

Back