Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think the game has evolved so that midfielders are more dominant than ever and we do not see a whole cast of great ruckmen emerging. The midfielders are also taller. In the time that Thommo and Moore played, it was more one on one and not just a sea of mids everywhere. Each team had a set ruckman and there were some great rucks around with many winning Brownlows.
Grundy IS a midfielder.

That’s evolution

Sep 29, 2004
Merimbula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bengals
Jeez I loved Peter Moore, moved around the footy ground like a spring colt. Exhilarating as a forward and then something special as a ruckman. The GF losses in his time broke something in him I’m sure and that’s part of the reason he left.
Brodes is something special here, you can see his ruck craft developing every week and he’s already something special. His will at the contest and work rate set him apart from most as well. I’d never say he will be better than big Len or Peter Moore but he will be their equal as Collingwood ruckman.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Really glad that battle didn’t lose us the game.

Its not really our biggest concern but he probably just threw away his starting All Australian field spot, really gotta work for a bench spot but wouldn’t be surprised if they go solo in the ruck now.

Lucky for him Gawn shouldnt be near finals, this season anyway.

Doc1763

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Its not really our biggest concern but he probably just threw away his starting All Australian field spot, really gotta work for a bench spot but wouldn’t be surprised if they go solo in the ruck now.

Gawn beat him today, but I think they'll go with both again for AA

Scumps sure helped Gawn.

But Agree he Lowered his Colors 1st time for long time

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
Was troubled by the ankle injury all week and just tired as the match wore on, Gawn owed him one and lifted as he realised Grundy was limited. They're both colossal ruckmen so its no disgrace for Grundy to lose one. He'll get him next time!

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Grundy's still comfortably ahead for the season. The AA team, isn't decided by a one game shoot out.
Barely anything split them last season, could be the difference maker this season. Don’t give the All Australian selectors credit they dont deserve, i could definitely see that being a deciding factor for them.

Barely anything split them last season, could be the difference maker this season. Don’t give the All Australian selectors credit they dont deserve, i could definitely see that being a deciding factor for them.
Assuming they are both fit in the second half of the year, they'll name them both - as they should. They're both absolute stars.

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
I couldn't give a fat flying f--k about AA.
What I do know is that many supporters are going way over the top when it comes to Grundy.
Reading some of the shite people write you would thing he is the greatest player to have ever run onto a football field.
He got his arse handed to him yesterday.
He is a very good footballer and will bounce back.
But chill out people. He is at the moment no where near as good as what the rose coloured crowd think he is.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
What I do know is that many supporters are going way over the top when it comes to Grundy.
Reading some of the ****e people write you would thing he is the greatest player to have ever run onto a football field.
But chill out people. He is at the moment no where near as good as what the rose coloured crowd think he is.
According to Buckley's presser he was playing with a very sore neck otto - context mate.

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reading some of the ****e people write you would thing he is the greatest player to have ever run onto a football field.
Seriously big footy. Your censorship is getting a bit tiresome.
shite got censored. Just to let you guys know the word was an s followed by an h followed by an i then a t then an e
Go and get ****ed big footy.
enjoy censoring that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back