Review Round 11, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Hawthorn

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wowee!

Full credit to Taylor, he had the fire tonight. So happy for him.
I think Lyons probably pips him for BOG for me, Andrews was supreme but had a few iffies.
Archie grew into the game nicely. He lacks forward nuance, but around the ground had nice hands. At the moment i'd still have Big O over him.

Now as much as i hate marist brothers, (ignoring their 3qtr time antics) they had a loud presence and the crowd were awesome tonight.

onto carlton! we better not take it easy and lose going into the bye....

Just gonna put my word out towards the Robertson haters, made a few shockers in the first quarter definitely trying to catch back up to speed of senior level but after that, definitely played his role keeping Breust quiet as he has in the past. But I agree we did lose this one at selection ;)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And that'll be the first win I've seen at the ground since 2004 :D

I blame my time living as a uni student in Canberra... going specifically to our games in Sydney was not a terribly successful strategy

Also how good is this team?!? Besides one obvious black and white exception, every time I begin to doubt them and think “aww this is it” they always try and try again harder to subvert my expectations. Absolutely ecstatic the way this team is treading

Could’ve picked maybe 8

Lyons the standout. Taylor and Neale great. Dizzy and Andrews huge.

Unlucky Stef, Zorko, Clug and Rich

I gave 3 of my 5 to defensive players (Harris, dizzy and my final vote to hodge for the last 10 mins).

But best two were Squizzy and Jarryd Lyons. Was great to see others step up in the middle with berry out and Neale being only good and not superb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyons, Taylor, Andrews huge. Didn't think there were any passengers tonight - certainly plenty of errors but everyone contributed in one way or another.

Apart from the obvious players I thought Answerth had a really solid game. Bursted through and put less floaty kicks up. Worth persisting with for sure.

Just gonna put my word out towards the Robertson haters, made a few shockers in the first quarter definitely trying to catch back up to speed of senior level but after that, definitely played his role keeping Breust quiet as he has in the past. But I agree we did lose this one at selection ;)

Given the Carlton forward line robbo goes out next week, but absolutely did his role tonight.

Yeah bad start but shutting down Breust to the extent that he did was massive

Really good win, first time in a long time I wasn't worried when they put the ball into their fifty you just assume Harris or Gardner will kill it everytime. Answorth is going to be a gun, he's getting more confidence every game he plays.

Awesome job by Fagan to get us back into the game after quarter time we looked like a different side after quarter time

Back