Preview Round 11 - Carlton vs Essendon* Sunday 2nd June 2019 3.20PM @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
is this gonna be a full wet weather football game? (I'm not local)
Based on my vast knowledge of weather (sfa apart from the weather app) we have a cold front moving in from the west which is slowly building as there is not much wind about.

This will bring some light chilly winds after lunch and if all goes to plan it should start smashing down at about 3-4pm.

Possible thunderstorms and heavy falls predicted and winds as cold as an eskimos bum.

So if any of you guys and gals are going to the game bring lots of wet weather gear and warm clothing to change into.

UP THE BAGGERS

goreds

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Based on my vast knowledge of weather (sfa apart from the weather app) we have a cold front moving in from the west which is slowly building as there is not much wind about.

This will bring some light chilly winds after lunch and if all goes to plan it should start smashing down at about 3-4pm.

Possible thunderstorms and heavy falls predicted and winds as cold as an eskimos bum.

So if any of you guys and gals are going to the game bring lots of wet weather gear and warm clothing to change into.

UP THE BAGGERS

So your saying there’s a chance of a light shower??

Pretty sure the rain is due late tonight and arctic weather tomorrow. The good news for the dees fans is there has been good snow falls and more expected over the next 48 hours...!

Our talls to have a day out!!

Melbourne have been mentally soft for many years. They rose above it somewhat last year, but they are back to their old familiar ways again this season.
that sounds like a monumental choke.....

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
So your saying there’s a chance of a light shower??

Pretty sure the rain is due late tonight and arctic weather tomorrow. The good news for the dees fans is there has been good snow falls and more expected over the next 48 hours...!

Our talls to have a day out!!
About to hit Warrnambool so if my mathematics is correct (it’s not) it normally takes 7-8 hours to get here. I only know some weather stuff because the last 20 years of my working life has been dependent on it so I follow it rather closely as it can be the difference in whether I work or not.

I’m interested to see how we go with one less tall and a bit of extra run.

Aug 17, 2016
GOLD COAST
AFL Club
Carlton
I reckon Kreuzer will be looking to have a huge game tomorrow. He virtually lowered his colours against a 3rd or 4th string ruckman last week. To rub salt into the wound, said ruckman (Rowan Marshall) received a coach's vote for his effort.
OK ...not many posts on here,everyone has packed up.
How do we get over Dons?.....our mids are weak which has to be reissued a lot i feel.Dons mids can be very average at times as well..
I would have Ed back in middle today...hope also to see Lang doing well today and end up on a HFF or HFB? he can play Lang....
Dons have a good list however are not doing well under Woosha...
CFC is consistently underpowered,not too far off though but still just plain weak--> its up to the Dons today...if they can power up we wont contain them
cannot outrule an upset today against unusal Dons maybe 50/50 ?
:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Tell the truth ODN it’s the butt plug😂🤣

Whoa man, do you think you might have just revealed a little too much about your inner dialogue?

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
I think the team they've put out is good enough to win this game.

I like that Bolton hasn't persisted with the 3 tall forward line in McGovern's absence. 2 of our last 3 wins were done with 2 talls in the forward line, not 3. that's been one of my major criticisms of him.

I just hope that the scrutiny, frustration isn't affecting the playing group. it's not fair for dow, stocker etc to have the scrutiny they've had so hopefully they can play their natural game and not get too hung up on the noise.

as for bolton, this is probably as close to a must win game as he's ever had. we get that he's all about development but part of that is learning to win and this game is very winnable. we've missed chances to win games that would have released the pressure on the group, he simply has to find a way to get the W.
We played 2 against them last year and Hurley ended up having to play on a small, my worry is they might move Hurley or Hooker forward this time.

Forecast looks dodgy.

Repeat of this pls

images (2).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back