Autopsy Roast & Toast vs North Melbourne Rd 11, 2019, & Changes for Geelong rd 12

Best players vs North Melbourne

• Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • David Astbury

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 139 80.3%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 56 32.4%
  • Kamdyn McIntosh

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Dan Butler

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 135 78.0%
  • Tom Lynch

• Noah Balta

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Ivan Soldo

• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 52 30.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 117 67.6%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 63 36.4%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Make another … axe Lynch.
Insipid performance.

He was playing on a very in form Rob Tarrant, who just doesn't get enough accolades.

Would have to be the AA full back at the moment, if they're fair dinkum.

t
North have had our number for years they beat us in the same way every time big bodied mids beat ours around the ball we keep it close for 3qtrs then run out of gas and get out muscled

Exactly what happened last time we played on the MCG too.

I was asked by posters on the bantz thread if I'd turn up once the game was over.

Happy to answer any questions!

Shaw moved Ziebell back onto the ball (his true position) full time for the first time in 2 years I think.

Things got away from Scott in the end.

Ziebs been playing on the ball again a fair bit this year. Gave Cripps a bath a few weeks ago.

Emergence of Zurhaar and drafting of Thomas means we don't need him forward.

Last edited:
They were better on the night no question. North at that ground is always a team we struggle with.

Would kill to have Jack and Nankervis back in the side.

Have to wait for the VFL report but apparently Graham was good and we could use another big body in the middle right now. Higgins could also use a spell, however depends on how Rioli went in the VFL. You know a kid is a gun when we are missing him as well, but we could really use Jack Ross too.

Dropping Lynch is not the answer. He needs as many games in him as possible so he can work back into it.

He has only had a couple of actual poor games this season. The others he was below his best but still performed well.

Not only would it be a bad move on a personnel management basis, but it would also significantly impact your game plan.

As I stated on Friday night, the Tiges were just flat and North were red hot. There's no need for radical changes based on that one performance.

I tuned out after halftime in disgust, :mad:and :$. Norf ffs. They still own us. The signs were there pretty early on that we were in for a tough night. So in hindsight, to not let it blow out fully in the last qtr was a slight relief, keeping the % in the black.

I'm thankful that i'm not a Melbourne supporter though. Mrs Niggles is, and was as :D as a pig in s**t up until the last. Popped her nut when they were overtaken by the crows. Turns to sheer joy, love and all is right in the world when Weidemen marked with 40 odd seconds left. Inevitably back to disgust. The Demons kicked 1.8 in the last qtr. That burns.

Fair to say it's been a tough couple of nights in the Niggles nest. Bolton out. Final straw was in the last when we got on that small roll, he tried that ridiculous snap from 45 out near the boundry. It should have been a small pass to Caddy to have a realistic attempt.

Fair to say it's been a tough couple of nights in the Niggles nest. Bolton out. Final straw was in the last when we got on that small roll, he tried that ridiculous snap from 45 out near the boundry. It should have been a small pass to Caddy to have a realistic attempt.
Yeah have yet to see this kid Bolton impact a game on his own...not set up and fed by the hard work of others in the team...
Rush of blood to the head and away he goes doing his own thang when the team needs to work together...
Hopefully he's learning!

After a disappointing game on Friday night, hopefully Dimma has ripped them a new one over the weekend. First of all the main issue I saw at the game was in the midfield with the amount of broken tackles the lack of intent, also the fact we are not lowering our eyes when going forward. With the constant bombing the ball in & the fact the forwards are not moving enough to make for better options. I also thought that this game is the worst our back-line has played this season.
Dimma has to wake up to the fact Bolton is not a small forward & will struggle with that role. When they played him in the midfield role in the ressies he looks like a different player, if he can't play in the mids in the seniors, he needs to go back to the VFL & continue to work on his midfield craft Until they are confident he can come straight into the mids rotation, he certainly will add some ex-factor to our midfield when he is given the chance.
Outside of Dusty,Houli, Baker & Stacky, the rest of the team need a fair dinkum bake for the display on Friday & hopefully bring our A game against the Cats on Friday nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were better on the night no question. North at that ground is always a team we struggle with.

Have to wait for the VFL report but apparently Graham was good and we could use another big body in the middle right now. Higgins could also use a spell, however depends on how Rioli went in the VFL. You know a kid is a gun when we are missing him as well, but we could really use Jack Ross too.

Wouldn’t have mattered. We got absolutely smacked around the contest. Even though we had slightly more inside 50s the entries were low quality and did Lynch no favours at all.

It was the midfield that lets us down. Not enough scrutiny on them by this thread.

Dropping Lynch is not the answer. He needs as many games in him as possible so he can work back into it.

He has only had a couple of actual poor games this season. The others he was below his best but still performed well.

Lynch got touched up by Tarrant, but there's no shame in that, Taz gave Naughton a bath the week before and is returning to seriously good form.

Lynch will be fine when he's fit and getting good service.

I just don't want to see Bolton anywhere near the senior squad ever again. He's a downhill one-way squib, squibs any contest, doesn't tackle and is no where to be seen when we're down. Trade him for whatever we can get.

Watched three quarters of the VFL, Rioli didn't do much, is clearly out of form. Not sure what Townsend has done wrong, you could have used him on Friday night.

Graham was good - and I forgot you had Mav Weller. Not sure what his purpose is but he did lots of impressive shouting and pointing.

Wouldn’t have mattered. We got absolutely smacked around the contest. Even though we had slightly more inside 50s the entries were low quality and did Lynch no favours at all.

It was the midfield that lets us down. Not enough scrutiny on them by this thread.

Cunners and Ziebell have been mentioned lots in this thread, but it is Anderson who is doing the real damage at the moment. He's hard as nails, a very good kick and bobs up for goals.

Time and time again Cunners would get the ball at a stoppage and "fade" back a few steps in traffic and set up play using his three key attributes - elite awareness in tight spaces, elite strength to gain a crucial second even when tackled and elite handball delivery.

Most of the time the hands go to Anderson who can set up he next link in the chain, either a kick to a leading forward, handpass to an outside runner in Higgins or Polec or Dumont, or if the pressure is tight and he hasn't had real opportunity, he's strong enough to wear a tackle and force another bounce - rinse and repeat.

On Cunner, the Bulldogs finally decided to play Bont one on one with him and duly kicked four five in a row, nearly set up by Bont exploiting Cunners key weakness - his lack of pace, especially burst pace.

All in all, the received wisdom on North's list is just mind bogglingly wrong - there's real elite talent there, especially in the midfield.

I'm amazed you blokes didn't play Dusty on him in exactly the same role - centre square mid who bursts away from Cunners and uses his elite delivery into the forward line.

I suppose your issue was that Dusty seemed to be your only viable avenue to goal on the night - you couldn't have Duty winning the clearance to deliver lace out to Dusty leading from the goal square

I just don't want to see Bolton anywhere near the senior squad ever again. He's a downhill one-way squib, squibs any contest, doesn't tackle and is no where to be seen when we're down. Trade him for whatever we can get.

Respectfully disagree , Bolton won't be going anywhere.

He is still a young player who is inconsistent, can't expect him to carry the team on his shoulders.

He isn't going to be that type of player, he is more an icing on the cake type of player.

He is important to keep.

Every team has important players who seem to disappear when the team is down, it doesn't make them bad or a squib.

Last edited:
Cunners and Ziebell have been mentioned lots in this thread, but it is Anderson who is doing the real damage at the moment. He's hard as nails, a very good kick and bobs up for goals.

Time and time again Cunners would get the ball at a stoppage and "fade" back a few steps in traffic and set up play using his three key attributes - elite awareness in tight spaces, elite strength to gain a crucial second even when tackled and elite handball delivery.

Most of the time the hands go to Anderson who can set up he next link in the chain, either a kick to a leading forward, handpass to an outside runner in Higgins or Polec or Dumont, or if the pressure is tight and he hasn't had real opportunity, he's strong enough to wear a tackle and force another bounce - rinse and repeat.

On Cunner, the Bulldogs finally decided to play Bont one on one with him and duly kicked four five in a row, nearly set up by Bont exploiting Cunners key weakness - his lack of pace, especially burst pace.

All in all, the received wisdom on North's list is just mind bogglingly wrong - there's real elite talent there, especially in the midfield.

I'm amazed you blokes didn't play Dusty on him in exactly the same role - centre square mid who bursts away from Cunners and uses his elite delivery into the forward line.

I suppose your issue was that Dusty seemed to be your only viable avenue to goal on the night - you couldn't have Duty winning the clearance to deliver lace out to Dusty leading from the goal square

Our mids are better than what we put out on the night and I’d back ours in most times. Our structure was terrible as well as our defensive pressure and defensive running. Our inside game was atrocious and I think we saw how badly we miss nank with those follow up efforts.

I’m chalking it up to an off night and north getting the post coaching sacking spike. You’ve got the suns and giants next, win those two and I might consider some kool aid ;)

Lol at the change in narrative. Norths list should all be AA according to the media.

Fact is they came in physically both in their tackling and cheap shots which worked really well in unsettling us.

Interesting to hear Houli on crunch time talk about looking into the eyes of our players only to get blank stares in return.

Whoops what happened to playing our game and all will be well. It's called taking your game off you and we still haven't learnt that lesson.

Given our tackling was so poor on Friday night, it'd be nice to see Graham and Townsend come in. Two blokes that absolutely know how to crush their opponents. That's how we beat Geelong on the QF after all, by physically bulling them at every contest. Will never forget Cotchin grinding Selwood into the turf and Ellis's bump on Dangerfield.

Glad they beat Sydney yesterday. 7 wins in a row, surely due for a loss soon.

Back