Preview Preview and changes vs The Gold Coast Suns in QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahern, Hall needs to come in for McMillan and Turner. Ahern to play on ball and Hall can do a world of good at the half backline. We paid big money for Hall so let's put him to good use. He is still a very valuable player. Durdin will not come in for Thompson as Thompson is doing really well as the 1-vs-1 defender on the last line of defense. Turner is a really good role player as a high pressure forward. Atley was very impressive esp when he out joustled Martin, got the ball away. He still has great potential, need to tackle more and take more risk.
we payed big money for Hall?

Looks like being one of those wet, dewey type of games we see all the time up there - ball on the ground a lot.

Saturday 8 June

Summary Min 12 Max 21 Showers. Possible rainfall: 5 to 15 mm. Chance of any rain: 80%

Gold Coast area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely during the morning. Light winds.

I'm prepared for our usual rogering against the Gold Coast Dew's.

I await to be pleasantly surprised.

I'll be absolutely shattered to drop this game after giving hope to our season Friday night and confidence spiking.

Our best is 10 goals better than the Suns.

So yeah, Suns by 3 goals.

I reckon I might wait to see how the reserves go.
Kyron in will happen soon I reckon
Fits the manic mongrel type rhyce loves

And we can still keep Kyron on the rookie list for another 2 years
Yep, he is the hard nut that will fit in well, watched the game and am happy for the kid. He looks to be nearly there with fitness, covering a fair bit of ground and he's playing with a lot more confidence and freedom.

With JMac out how's Murphy been doing?
Back from an ankle yesterday, missed a few weeks. Was ok, nothing spectacular, the usual good journey on his kicking and some good running. Might be too early tbh.

Yep, he is the hard nut that will fit in well, watched the game and am happy for the kid. He looks to be nearly there with fitness, covering a fair bit of ground and he's playing with a lot more confidence

Are you a Hayden family member?

You push his prospects at every opportunity. (which is fine)

Are you a Hayden family member?

You push his prospects at every opportunity. (which is fine)
No, but I have been part of his development at coaching level. Him, Ben Miller, Liam Baker, Brayden Ainsworth all from the same club along with Deluca and May just picked up. Take my word for it he's gonna be a gun.

Meanwhile, experienced backman Jamie Macmillan remains a chance to face Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium on Saturday despite scans revealing he damaged his left calf in the second quarter of the win over Richmond on Friday night.

"He had a scan and I think there's a little nick there but we're just going to see how he goes during the week," Shaw said.

"We've got eight days (between games) so that plays into his hands a little bit, but he'll obviously be monitored early on."

Imagine playing a half fit MacMillan, talk about chocolates to boiled lollies for Rhys.

Just play the kids, the youthful enthusiasm is clearly infectious. All of Zurhaar, Thomas, Simpkin, LdU and Larkey are killing it now they've been backed in.

If you are not fit, you don play... We've made this mistake since forever. Let Jmac get right and then go back and earn his spot back like any professional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed the VFL game (& the VFLW - how good is Katie Brennan!). Of the AFL listed players, I thought Garner, Durdin, Ahern, Campbell & Haydon were excellent. Hrovat in an Eddy Betts sort of role was great as well. Murphy, McKay, Scott, Crocker, Watson, Taylor & Hosie we’re all solid. Hall had some good moments but turned the ball over a lot in the middle and wasn’t great with his 2nd efforts and pressure acts. Also, his knee was bothering him hence he spent a lot of time up forward - we looked better when he was out of the centre square rotation. I think it was Ahern, Haydon & Holmes/Leonardis when we dominated in that part of the ground.

So Garner, Durdin & Ahern looked like they are ready to slot straight in to the AFL team and I think Hall needs to improve his fitness/intensity before he gets another look.

I have a man crush on Garns. Something great happened every time he got near it - with Curtis there as well their defenders were shitting themselves. Oh, and the Hosie tackle on the wing was a thing of beauty - he has some serious wheels and great hands. I think we might have found one there.

Overall the level of pressure and intensity was noticeably better than the season to date

Disagree on Durdin. Looked a class above in VFL yesterday and has acquitted himself decently when given a chance at AFL level.
He's now a big boy across the shoulders and has shown he can play forward or back.
Succession planning for Thompson demands he play some senior footy.

Agreed, was at game and Durds really stood out. Durdin in, Scooter to Jmac role.

Hall or Garner in for TT

I enjoyed the VFL game (& the VFLW - how good is Katie Brennan!). Of the AFL listed players, I thought Garner, Durdin, Ahern, Campbell & Haydon were excellent. Hrovat in an Eddy Betts sort of role was great as well. Murphy, McKay, Scott, Crocker, Watson, Taylor & Hosie we’re all solid. Hall had some good moments but turned the ball over a lot in the middle and wasn’t great with his 2nd efforts and pressure acts. Also, his knee was bothering him hence he spent a lot of time up forward - we looked better when he was out of the centre square rotation. I think it was Ahern, Haydon & Holmes/Leonardis when we dominated in that part of the ground.

So Garner, Durdin & Ahern looked like they are ready to slot straight in to the AFL team and I think Hall needs to improve his fitness/intensity before he gets another look.

I have a man crush on Garns. Something great happened every time he got near it - with Curtis there as well their defenders were shitting themselves. Oh, and the Hosie tackle on the wing was a thing of beauty - he has some serious wheels and great hands. I think we might have found one there.

Overall the level of pressure and intensity was noticeably better than the season to date

It seemed every time Garner went to a contest either he won it or a Richmond player was left writhing on the ground.

I don’t reckon a lot of those blokes have come across a piece of granite like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a fool.....you must be Terry Wallet! Delisting Durdin would cause us no end of grief in years to come. BMac and Durdin will be the backbone of our backline.
Sad thing is ... have a look who's out of contract at the end of this year. They're going to have to pay out or trade out some contracted guys if they want to keep him.

My guess is Scott had his papers stamped last year. Whether the new coaches see it differently is an interesting question. I've said before I think his lack of opportunity has been borderline negligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back