List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wilson's lack of any respect for his opponents backing his own skills in every contest is hilarious to watch and I especially love it as it counters any argument that Lyon coaches attacking flare out of all his players.
No, it's only some players - he picks the ones he wants to coach the skills and flair out of.

Y
Great win but still not sold on Ross Lyon....we played some exciting footy in the 3rd qtr and up by 15pts then we all of a sudden decided to shut up shop with 5 min to play and they nearly over ran us.if he stops with that negative crap I won't have much of a problem
You're just grumpy cos Spuds got beaten last night :p

Great win but still not sold on Ross Lyon....we played some exciting footy in the 3rd qtr and up by 15pts then we all of a sudden decided to shut up shop with 5 min to play and they nearly over ran us.if he stops with that negative crap I won't have much of a problem
You can't just run and gun from bounce to siren. Teams need to be able to attack when they have energy and hold structure to defend when they need a rest. Momentum changes will always happen. It's not a shut up shop call from Ross....it's the other team upping their work rate and us handling it.
And generally I think we handle it well.

Good sign of a well rounded team in my book.

For mine he's answered a lot of the many questions at the start of the year about whether he was the man to take us forward -
  • Had the game gone past him
  • Were the frequent beltings proof he'd lost the playing group
  • Could he adapt to the new more attacking rules
  • Could he get a get a young team without his usual seasoned foot soldiers playing well week to week
All in all it's now back to the same questions it's always been, can he find a balance between defence and a successful attacking gameplan? Does he value and develop skills enough?

A lot of green shoots on that front, but obviously a lot of the same issues too.

I'm hopeful and after the god awful last few years, we're he definitely lost me, this year's been great, even if frequently frustrating.

For mine he's answered a lot of the many questions at the start of the year about whether he was the man to take us forward -
  • Had the game gone past him
  • Were the frequent beltings proof he'd lost the playing group
  • Could he adapt to the new more attacking rules
  • Could he get a get a young team without his usual seasoned foot soldiers playing well week to week
All in all it's now back to the same questions it's always been, can he find a balance between defence and a successful attacking gameplan? Does he value and develop skills enough?

A lot of green shoots on that front, but obviously a lot of the same issues too.

I'm hopeful and after the god awful last few years, we're he definitely lost me, this year's been great, even if frequently frustrating.
So the simple solution is to recruit the coach who has no issues? Rookie coach that is, because I can't see an available senior coach with no issues.

I am being sarcastic obviously, and agree with your post. All coaches have issues and as we saw with Hardwick the club needs a broader strategy than relying in a senior coach.

Might have something to do with the biggest cog in the defence being taken off injured then.

How dare Lyon make a reactive coaching decision, after losing a major kingpin !!. He should leave everything as they are !!.

Even after 2 interstate wins over more highly touted opposition, people are still reluctant to give credit where credit is due. Lyon and his coaching team have adapted their game plan, and are started to bear the fruit.

As I’ve said before, some people are pigheaded, some people are lemmings.

Lyon has over seen our first finals win at the MCG, winning the only final played in Geelong, our only Brownlow winner, our only GF appearance, our only top of the ladder finish and now one of the shortest rebuilds in recent history.
Explain what part of not being sold on Lyon do you mean.
Yeah that was a diffrent time...football is played differently today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish ross would handle the press a bit better. At the presser he let himself down when he got a bit shirty when he didnt need to regarding a question about brayshaw being possibly injured. I know a lot of them are bottom feeders but geewiz their job is to ask dumb questions so just play along with it. It wasnt worth another shane ur orsm moment.
Nah. He deserves to blast them and leave. No one biased Victorian media mentioned Freo impressive win, it was either about injuries or the Mayne touch that Kingy wouldn’t shut up about. He basically said when you get the run of the green, you get it. Other times you don’t.
Good on him for leaving the scum.

Explain to me how after beating gws playing some exciting footy and confidence sky high we reverted back to our dour ways ....

Here you go xxx

You do realise it was "Collingwood" we were playing against right. Our win was predicated on playing attacking footy and took risks when we needed to. Something many argued a Ross Lyon coached team would never be able to do.

Might have something to do with the biggest cog in the defence being taken off injured then.

I'd be surprised if that was an instruction from the coach though. It's more likely that the Fremantle players were cooked from dominating for 20 minutes which opened the door for the Pies. The swing in momentum also coincided with Pearce going off.

It's unfair to suggest that when we're going well it's the players and when we lose momentum it's the coach.

You can't just run and gun from bounce to siren. Teams need to be able to attack when they have energy and hold structure to defend when they need a rest. Momentum changes will always happen. It's not a shut up shop call from Ross....it's the other team upping their work rate and us handling it.
And generally I think we handle it well.

Good sign of a well rounded team in my book.

Back