VFL 2019 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone provide a convincing, evidence based set of reasons why we persist with the Sandy alignment? Years into the experiment, it doesn't have appeared to have done much good for either club.

The Zebs were a proud and successful club. Not anymore. We've taken over and the only thing they have left is the jumper. Unless it's purely a financial issue, we should pull out. Our development has been terrible and while I'm not blaming the Sandringham Football Club, things have never really worked. There's resentment on all sides and like a bad marriage it's time to call it quits for the benefit of all concerned.

We now have a home ground to play on which is serviced by great facilities and it's time to be establish our identity as a single entity. Streamline the coaching, development and admin and with the women coming in next year, we have a chance to unite the entire place and make it a force in the bay side.

Sandy deserves a chance to go it alone as well. A chance to rebuild it's reputation and standing the way their old rivals Williamstown and Port Melbourne have. Do it saints.

We had to choose one of Women's team or standalone VFL. Couldn't afford both.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
We had to choose one of Women's team or standalone VFL. Couldn't afford both.

As much as I support the women's team, our priority is surely still trying to win a senior premiership in the AFL. If it is a matter of 500K or so, then our lack of action is pathetic.

Agreed
I live in a diff state and have been saying the league needed to dig dep and get the stand alone ressies comp going for a few years now

Curtain raisers at every afl of the ressies sides
Teams chip in as well
Comp earns enough from tv rights deals so splash some cash around

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agreed
I live in a diff state and have been saying the league needed to dig dep and get the stand alone ressies comp going for a few years now

Curtain raisers at every afl of the ressies sides
Teams chip in as well
Comp earns enough from tv rights deals so splash some cash around
curtain raisers would be so good for the whole spirit of the game, I'd go to a lot more games if I knew I could see 'sandy' play the opener.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Can anyone provide a convincing, evidence based set of reasons why we persist with the Sandy alignment? Years into the experiment, it doesn't have appeared to have done much good for either club.

The Zebs were a proud and successful club. Not anymore. We've taken over and the only thing they have left is the jumper. Unless it's purely a financial issue, we should pull out. Our development has been terrible and while I'm not blaming the Sandringham Football Club, things have never really worked. There's resentment on all sides and like a bad marriage it's time to call it quits for the benefit of all concerned.

We now have a home ground to play on which is serviced by great facilities and it's time to be establish our identity as a single entity. Streamline the coaching, development and admin and with the women coming in next year, we have a chance to unite the entire place and make it a force in the bay side.

Sandy deserves a chance to go it alone as well. A chance to rebuild it's reputation and standing the way their old rivals Williamstown and Port Melbourne have. Do it saints.

Because everyone whinged about how crap the Casey alignment was then we swapped with melbourne, and ever since we whinged about how bad the Sandringham alliance was.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda

Bad idea.
I can walk to TBO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great to see Hanners found plenty of the footy. Amazingly though only had 5 kicks out of his 24 touches, if the stats are correct?

Hopefully he can get through a full game game next week and come straight in after the bye.

That's a good win when you consider how depleted that side is.
Sandy has a bye next week.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
So much this. Aaron Hamill is the Zebra's coach, you can't tell me the Saints aren't already giving him direction on the game style they want played.

Is that a good thing ?

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
May 19, 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back