Coach Fremantle: where to now after Lyon?

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast went from wooden spooners and three years out of finals to prelims in 2011.

Collingwood missed finals 2004-05 then were back in the finals in 2006, and made

Hawthorn made top four last year after missing finals in 2017 and turning over a number of premiership stars.

Geelong had effectively a one year miss of finals in 2015. They’re now top of the ladder.

Even the Dogs missed finals from 2011-2014, but were back in finals in 2015 and won a premiership the next year.

The 80% turnover of the list wasn’t an event out of nowhere. It was obvious at midway through 2014 that the list was in poor shape, when we kept playing out of form senior players, and that we would eventually reach a cliff.

So if you’re saying that three years out of finals and making it to 9th midway through the season is a short rebuild, you’re kidding yourself.
I talked about a rebuild, not dipping in and out of finals.

You said you wanted him sacked then you changed your mind after the collingwood game. You must be a two faced clown then.

You wanted him sacked because freo were struggling.
I enjoyed out 2012-15 finals run. Did you enjoy our 1995-2011 finals run when we made finals only 3 times in 17 years?
I swear we have so many Dockers supporters that are two faced clowns.

Some of them are worse than Tough Man Tony Abbott:)

I don't remember enjoying it much (2012-15), mostly cause I didn't think we'd get far being coached by Lyon. Obviously before that things were pretty s**t for the most part.
Are you referring to me in that comment about 'two faced clowns' ? I haven't changed my tune since Lyon got there, there have been times I've said he's proving me wrong, but I don't see why that should be a problem.
It takes many people to make up the supporter base of a footy club. Do we all have to think the same? I'm sorry, but I'm not prepared to drink the cool aid for anyone.
I have an opinion and it's just that, take it or leave it.
If you are happy with Lyon then good luck to you.

You really struggle to keep a focus don't you.
No, I don’t. The collapse of the side happened under Ross’s watch. And it was obvious, given the age of the side from 2013-15, that it was going to happen. Why should he be credited with a “fast” rebuild when the need for it was his fault anyway?

No, I don’t. The collapse of the side happened under Ross’s watch. And it was obvious, given the age of the side from 2013-15, that it was going to happen. Why should he be credited with a “fast” rebuild when the need for it was his fault anyway?
Are you an ex Saints fan? Because he doesn't manage the list at Fremantle. Most of us know that.

List management is only part of a rebuild. It involves more than the coach. It is a whole of club event. It typically includes a coach and a Manager of Football Operations laying out how they see it happening, what needs they have and a strategy for going about it. It has a time-frame in place. We are doing well against that plan.

The buck stops with the coach when things fall apart and when they come together.

Are you an ex Saints fan? Because he doesn't manage the list at Fremantle. Most of us know that.

List management is only part of a rebuild. It involves more than the coach. It is a whole of club event. It typically includes a coach and a Manager of Football Operations laying out how they see it happening, what needs they have and a strategy for going about it. It has a time-frame in place. We are doing well against that plan.

The buck stops with the coach when things fall apart and when they come together.
Ross made the choice to push the side to its most experienced. When we selected Nick Suban as sub against Gold Coast what was his strategy? Couldn’t risk a quarter of game time from a rookie against a bottom club?

In 2015, our last good year, we gave the sub vest to the most experienced players out of any other clubs use of the sub. Why?

Ross made the choice to push the side to its most experienced. When we selected Nick Suban as sub against Gold Coast what was his strategy? Couldn’t risk a quarter of game time from a rookie against a bottom club?
Wow, I can see why you tear up about having him as coach. Had a young guy you thought should have been ahead of Suban.

Hey wasn't Suban that guy Fyfe credited with enabling him to win the Brownlow due to all of his bullocking and blocking?

Wow, I can see why you tear up about having him as coach. Had a young guy you thought should have been ahead of Suban.
Yes, I suppose there was nothing wrong with the selection policies from 2014-2016.

Did you know we were the older and more experienced side in every game we played in 2016? What was the deal with that? How did we only win 4 games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I suppose there was nothing wrong with the selection policies from 2014-2016.

Did you know we were the older and more experienced side in every game we played in 2016? What was the deal with that? How did we only win 4 games?
So nice you want to chat about the past. And I can see you love to hate. I can understand the burn you must feel at the moment. Most of the fans at Fremantle are excited about this season and next. You know, the rebuild, the new game plan, the players loving playing for the club.

But we all get pleasures in our own way.

I don't remember enjoying it much (2012-15), mostly cause I didn't think we'd get far being coached by Lyon. Obviously before that things were pretty **** for the most part.
Are you referring to me in that comment about 'two faced clowns' ? I haven't changed my tune since Lyon got there, there have been times I've said he's proving me wrong, but I don't see why that should be a problem.
It takes many people to make up the supporter base of a footy club. Do we all have to think the same? I'm sorry, but I'm not prepared to drink the cool aid for anyone.
I have an opinion and it's just that, take it or leave it.
If you are happy with Lyon then good luck to you.
No I am not referring you as a two faced clown, I am more referring to The poster its Free real estate.
We you have given ross lyon crap regardless if we win or lose
Hahahhahaha
I rest my case.

Its shocking how many freo fans changed their tune in the last month. I stuck to my view and Back the rebuild under ross Lyon since round 2, 2017 after the 89 point loss to Port in Adelaide Oval

No I am not referring you as a two faced clown, I am more referring to The poster its Free real estate.

I rest my case.

Its shocking how many freo fans changed their tune in the last month. I stuck to my view and Back the rebuild under ross Lyon since round 2, 2017 after the 89 point loss to Port in Adelaide Oval
Freo have exceeded my expectation. They've rebuilt almost perfectly. They'll play finals.

I rest my case.

Righto,
If I'm proved wrong I'll wear it. Having your team achieve success is a nice way to be proved wrong though.
Have a good sunday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back