Autopsy Roast & Toast vs North Melbourne Rd 11, 2019, & Changes for Geelong rd 12

Best players vs North Melbourne

• Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • David Astbury

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 139 80.3%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 56 32.4%
  • Kamdyn McIntosh

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Dan Butler

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 135 78.0%
  • Tom Lynch

• Noah Balta

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Ivan Soldo

• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 52 30.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 117 67.6%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 63 36.4%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton, Higgins, Butler and Garth will likely be under the most duress to survive this week.

Butlers 2 goals may save him for another week, however consensus was he did FA else. Dimma however may give him another game to have another shot at it as his form was good in the 2's.

Garths selection may simply depend on whether or not Farmer Tom gets a holiday, if Hawkins gets a week then Garth might be a chance of being omitted.

I have a feeling that Jack Graham may be back this week, and hopefully Lambert is available also.

If Hawk misses, I reckon we rest Garthy (Flossy goes back), Soldo out for CCJ (We lose hitouts but gain a presence around the ground), Butler back to VFL and Higgins too.

Lambert back if fit. Graham for added grunt and Menadue/Naish for some more outside run.

Broad Grimes Astbury
Stacky Flossy Shed
Kmac Martin BEliis
Baker Castagna Bolton
Cotchin Lynch Caddy

CCJ Lambert Prestia

Int: Balta Houli Graham Menadue/Naish

So who’s going on Friday night? Or have we all decided it’s season over and going to give it a miss? :D

I’ll be there. Would never miss the opportunity to boo the hell out of Geelong. Hope we’re as hostile as they are at KP.

The 4 losses th8s year have been similar, we’re in the game for a while and then have a sustained bad patch where teams get a run on. The forward line is ordinary and don’t play smart, they don’t spread and Lynch cannot judge the ball in flight, he is out of form and we shouldn’t make excuses for him, he is not someone learning the game. When our B to C grade players don’t perform we play like a bottom 4 team. Tonigh5 may well signal the end of top 4 aspirations.

When other team players are down they lose games just like we did on Friday.
1) we are not in 2018 form, that’s been taken away from us with team changes.
2)We had too many players down on form Friday night which is understandable with such a young and imbalanced team.
3) the sky is not falling, give us a few weeks to settle. Cotch will find his feet, Martin is starting to find form and a lot of young players will only get better as they find their feet
4) We just have to be in the hunt because if we make the finals then we can give it a shake.

Graham should be brought in to target Dangerfield.
Kelly must be targeted too.
Out from Garthwaite, Bolton, Higgins.
In from Graham, Menadue, Rioli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the preliminary final against GWS the other day. World of difference between how that game was commentated and umpired to the **** we cop now. World's apart.
The hate is strong.
Yep I completely agree. Since 2017 I have never seen such obvious contempt towards the Tigers. The commentators are the worst.
Apart from Hamish McLachlan they pretty much all barrack for the underdogs which isn't us...

If Hawk misses, I reckon we rest Garthy (Flossy goes back), Soldo out for CCJ (We lose hitouts but gain a presence around the ground), Butler back to VFL and Higgins too.

Lambert back if fit. Graham for added grunt and Menadue/Naish for some more outside run.

Broad Grimes Astbury
Stacky Flossy Shed
Kmac Martin BEliis
Baker Castagna Bolton
Cotchin Lynch Caddy

CCJ Lambert Prestia

Int: Balta Houli Graham Menadue/Naish
If they drop Soldo I’ll eat my hat.

Yeah just amazes me that with a mosquito forward fleet we kick the ball long and high suitable for giraffes...
You'd think they's kick the ball to space and in the open or along the ground for the smalls to swoop...no it's up in the air out of reach?!?!? DUH!

Yeah just amazes me that with a mosquito forward fleet we kick the ball long and high suitable for giraffes...
You'd think they's kick the ball to space and in the open or along the ground for the smalls to swoop...no it's up in the air out of reach?!?!? DUH!
I suppose the theory might be to bring the ball to ground for our crumbers, but then again our forward pressure (and midfield pressure) was non existent anyway, so it didn't really matter.

I suppose the theory might be to bring the ball to ground for our crumbers, but then again our forward pressure (and midfield pressure) was non existent anyway, so it didn't really matter.
Well it would be nice to see it varied a few times, if soccer players can dribble their way to goal maybe we can trial it..

North played liked it was a final , maybe not a GF , but a final or blockbuster game , real intent , bodies crashing into packs etc

We played like it was a regulation game
We had the block buster last week , Dreamtime at the G
We've lifted for stirring wins away against Pork & Freo
We braced ourselves for Melb. as they drew a line in the sand for our game and came out hard

We play the North of 2-3 weeks ago , we win

We also got caught by the Bulldogs

Felt the North tall forwards stretched us , this might have been the game where we really missed Rance
Grimmes was looking great in patches , pity we didn't have two of him

North had control of Lynch with Tarrant dropping in front and Thompson camped behind him , we had to lower our eyes a bit more

Soldo matched Goldstein for hit outs but felt Goldsteins were quality taps to advantage and too many of Ivan's were straight to a North player
and Ivan was well beaten on the night, he worked hard and did some nice things and we some times forget how good Goldstein can be

Fingers crossed the experience improves Ivan for the next game , it has to be hard to come in and adjust from the VFL pace

Back