Game Day Round 11, June 2 2019 - West Coast v Bulldogs : The Flat Track of Apathy

Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
This is a bloody outrage, I'm taking this to the prime minister.
2E76EBBC-ABC5-476E-9CC5-44B28B6E36B8.jpeg

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Yep, the mexican wave is so Perth, it's embarrassing. Cometti used to cringe when they'd do that.
I threw 1 arm up reluctantly as it came round felt , ridiculous but some fans love it so why not if it gives them a thrill , might have been their 1st game with a big win . They paid ,its their right .

EagleEgo

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep, the mexican wave is so Perth, it's embarrassing. Cometti used to cringe when they'd do that.
The mexican wave simply gave a signal to the WCE players that we were too happy with the results and hence they started to slow down.

The impacts on lowering the score percentage can be huge. I still remember the 2007 season when we helped to celebrate Sheedy and Hird retirement and let Essendon came back from a big losing margin. Though we still won the R22 game, but we lost the top 2 position and end up losing to the not so strong Port Adelaide away.
Port Adelaide was second and we were third on the ladder only because we failed to score more goals against Essendon in the last quarter of the R22!!

Last edited:
Back