Review R11 v Saints - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

So much to like about our game today.

- We kicked over 100 points
- We played Howard forward
- Houston into the middle
- We played the full 4 quarters

While moving Howard forward isn't exactly an original idea, kudos to Ken for playing a true Key Forward. Moving Houston into the middle was mint and totally unexpected, so great to see a new idea play out.

Have we turned a corner? Possibly. I'm hoping these coaching moves are a sign of things to come against better opposition and not an exception to the well established rules. Positivity is rising.
I'm hoping it's a sign of a smart assistant finally being listened to.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remind me, when was the last time we were the highest scoring team of the round?

Round 13, 2018 vs the Doggies. We got 132. Next best that round was Freo with 103.

Why is that?
Don’t get me wrong he played well today. His ball use was much better.

He normally goes sideways and short with his disposal. We already have enough players in our backline who like to do that. Personally I think we can only afford to play two genuine talk defenders which are clurey and Jonas. The other four positions are for genuine half backs who are prepared to move it on quickly ie Houston, burton, Hartlett and Bonner:

If it wasn't for the pure existence of Lachie Neale i'd say Boak would be a strong chance for the brownlow

i just can’t buy into Farrell being a 100+game player.. for me the only thing he brings is a good set shot.. never been high on him though.. I can see why people rate him but I think there is plenty in the SANFL who deserve a spot more than him.

Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

Amazingly since we lost our first 5 games against st kilda, we’ve since won 20 of the last 25 games against the saints, quite incredible.

Primus managed a 4 point win back in 2012 against them too. Had Redden in the ruck with a quad of doom up forward of Schulz, Hoff, Butcher and Daniel Stewart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you mean westhoff (Not frampton) and Ryder as being done?

Westhoff was ok today, roaming loose. He is probably done too.

I did mean Frampton. He has done some nice things and is clearly above SANFL level but I’m not sure he has the athleticism or forward craft to make it at AFL. Also if he has only managed 3 games thus far, with all of our key forward issues, I don’t hold high hopes.

Blasts away far too often. Needs the composure to slow down and lower his eyes in the last couple of steps before kicking.
Yeah. I'm also waiting to see another one of those goals that he kicked against Sydney..on the run from 60, if ya don't mind... where has that goodness gone? Ya can't be doing that once and never again.

Westhoff was ok today, roaming loose. He is probably done too.

I did mean Frampton. He has done some nice things and is clearly above SANFL level but I’m not sure he has the athleticism or forward craft to make it at AFL. Also if he has only managed 3 games thus far, with all of our key forward issues, I don’t hold high hopes.

More about hinkley and his thinking... And his adverse reactions to tall forwards.
Frampton in his 3 games showed enough to keep his spot for today

Yeah it’s me that’s the hater haha

I don’t like how much he falls out of games, I do like how he takes his opportunities to hit the scoreboard though.

Farrell reminds me a bit of how Amon was when he first started. Not really committed to anything, just floating around doing whatever. 'Oh hey, I've marked the ball...I'll just kick this goal....yep....'

He doesn't have the intensity just yet. Which is odd, because you'd think with Dixon to come back into the side you'd be making every post a winner as a small forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back