Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Wait Dave, there's hope, this system has him 3rd best on the ground for us behind Grundy and Pendles.

Is he doing something we aren't seeing?

Round 11.png

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think lot of People are Missing what he Does

Dave don’t worry about them Aish wasn’t the problem yesterday.......he has been solid this year IMO.

Gaben

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dave don’t worry about them Aish wasn’t the problem yesterday.......he has been solid this year IMO.

I'm a pretty frequent knocker of his, but on the whole I agree with this. He's a pretty reliable - albeit at times quite underwhelming - shutdown defender these days. He always takes the weakest forward but I like his attack on the ball and the man. He's like a junior version of Greenwood without the confidence.

Thought he regressed again a bit this week after a really good game against Sydney though. His decision making by foot is still really hit or miss, he can be very panicky.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm a pretty frequent knocker of his, but on the whole I agree with this. He's a pretty reliable - albeit at times quite underwhelming - shutdown defender these days. He always takes the weakest forward but I like his attack on the ball and the man. He's like a junior version of Greenwood without the confidence.

Thought he regressed again a bit this week after a really good game against Sydney though. His decision making by foot is still really hit or miss, he can be very panicky.

Gaben he is very reliable IMO......did his job again yesterday when so many didn’t.

Yep, been very solid. Well and truly holding his place. The only selection concern he could have is that Greenwood has been even better. Could be an issue for him if Langdon and Shaz come back, but it's unlikely and he'd be really unlucky if everyone is all fit and he's the one squeezed out.

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep, been very solid. Well and truly holding his place. The only selection concern he could have is that Greenwood has been even better. Could be an issue for him if Langdon and Shaz come back, but it's unlikely and he'd be really unlucky if everyone is all fit and he's the one squeezed out.

I think Greenwood has found his spot until he spanks Selwood and Dusty again in the future.

I know many won’t agree but two bad games in a row by Phillips means he should have a spell.

Give Aish a turn on the wing.

I was hoping Daics would step up again today but he didn’t.

Thought he regressed again a bit this week after a really good game against Sydney though.
Not surprising as his game against Sydney was particularly good.

Gaben

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Greenwood has found his spot until he spanks Selwood and Dusty again in the future.

I know many won’t agree but two bad games in a row by Phillips means he should have a spell.

Could be an opportunity to blood IQ in Aish's role and push Aish up the ground. I agree re Phillips, his game against Sydney was an absolute trainwreck and he got smashed by his direct opponent yesterday while offering virtually nothing offensively. He shouldn't be in our long term plans, he has way too many flaws IMO

I thought Phillips was OK. He might be an ordinary kick, but at least he hits some 45 degree inboard passes. One of the only ones in the team at the moment who is willing to attempt them. We've become really conservative with our ball use and I wouldn't want Aish to be replacing Phillips as that would increase the conservatism.

Including his teammates.
The opposition don’t miss much of what he does, feeding off his foot/hand skills.

Then what about Jack "The Human Turnover Machine" Crisp does then?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Then what about Jack "The Human Turnover Machine" Crisp does then?
Dave, Crisp is borderline AA squad.
Not even in any discussion.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well I am not the Biggest Fan of Crisp. He is a Good Player but I doubt he close to AA Squad
He should be;
He’s a bit under the radar.
So solid and so attacking from the back.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Aish is solid but out of Crisp, Maynard and Greenwood he would be first to make way for Quaynor if that ever happens this year

Maynard, Crisp are absolutely locks.

Greenwood on form isn’t making way, neither Aish at the moment.
Certainly not yet for Quaynor on exposed form.

Once Scharenberg is back and ready then the cats and pigeons are at play.

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Quaynor has to get past Shaz first

If Matthew ready and fit, non contest, IQ clearly behind.
But IQ can have a year or so to learn his craft and then replace someone perhaps a bit older or injured as it were.

Back