List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that you Mrs Reid? Doubt Reid had anything to do with it. Must have been Ogilvie with his eye on Rowell.
Clueless is the only word that comes close to describing you without resorting to words that would send the swear filter into overdrive.

Clearly a fan of Football manager.
BUT sadly it isn't this easy to clean house and given English + Coniglio are from from WA and there is no inkling they are interested in a move to Adelaide, this just pipe dream stuff.
Also, we aren't trading Gibbs, that again is just not happening.
And I'd be disappointed if we even had a passing thought on going after Tim English.

Clearly a fan of Football manager.
BUT sadly it isn't this easy to clean house and given English + Coniglio are from from WA and there is no inkling they are interested in a move to Adelaide, this just pipe dream stuff.
Also, we aren't trading Gibbs, that again is just not happening.
Thought English was South Australian. Grundy it is.:) Unlikely he leaves pies but there must be an up and coming ruck somewhere in the league looking for more opportunity. Unlikely the club would move gibbs as we would receive very little in return and would make those involved in the Gibbs trade look even more stupid than they currently do. Although it would alleviate around 50% of his wage in additional cap space if we decided to pay 50% of his wage in any trade. We are most likely stuck with that bad decision.

Last edited:

I hope people that want us to retain CEY realise he is only a rookie and would have to delist another player to upgrade him.
Although he did ok on Saturday there is no future growth to become a good AFL player and I think Crows going to find hard to delist or retire 3-5 players.
I personally think we will be lucky to get 1 retirement probably Otten .
I would be very disappointed to see talented kids like Davis and McPherson delisted before CEY.

No we currently have 6 rookies and 38 on the main list so all we do is go 5 rookies and 39 or 4 rookies and 40 if we upgrade Murthy
The issue is in the Cap, do we have room as only the Rookie match day payment are counted in the Cap.
But with Jacobs, possibly retiring, along with Otten, Douglas and Mackay either delisted or on lesser cion, plus an extra 260k with the Cap rise of 2% we may have enough but remember we also have Greenwood, Keath, and ROB to sign up.
Mind you a few of the Player who Front loaded are on the lower side next year as well,

So when he was topping the Champion Data stats in the TAC cup it was because of Richmond?
You are trolling.
Hm.....so why did 16 other clubs over looked him then if he was so good.....champion data in TAC???!!! Recruiters should just use that as a recruitment policy instead of spending hours and hours in analysis.

Hm.....so why did 16 other clubs over looked him then if he was so good.....champion data in TAC???!!! Recruiters should just use that as a recruitment policy instead of spending hours and hours in analysis.
Yeah, and every club passed over Sloane two years in a row. Must be s**t.
And yes, champion data do all stats for the TAC cup and clubs pay them money to have access to it.

Yeah, and every club passed over Sloane two years in a row. Must be ****.
And yes, champion data do all stats for the TAC cup and clubs pay them money to have access to it.
What? That's my point, it's our excellent player development who has turned Sloane into gun which is my point about champion data.....it's very misleading especially for youngsters.

What? That's my point, it's our excellent player development who has turned Sloane into gun which is my point about champion data.....it's very misleading especially for youngsters.
I'm sure every AFL team wouldn't be paying money to Champion Data for their TAC cup stats if they were of little value.

Was having a think about our draft picks today. All of last years draft crop plus butts is looking like excellent selections. Some players that didn't seem to show much last year have shown plenty this year (Davis and ROB for example).

All of a sudden making the minimum 3 list changes to fit at least 3 draftees doesn't seem so easy.

I know some will still have no probs but the only real obvious one to delist is Otten. I thought maybe Davis or CEY might be on the chopping block but both doing well this year. Lets say we keep Davis and CEY. This means we're looking at cutting two of (or trading out) say Douglas, Jacobs, Knight, Mackay, Atkins and maybe Betts. That's some seriously tough choices to make as all of those are or have been getting regular games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to sign CEY asap. Still on rookie list and will walk.
I’d look to trade him and knights and Jenkins. Delist Hunter. Move otten and dougie into coaching or development roles.

Pick1: mid with explosive pace
Pick 2: key position player
Pick 3: utility
Pick4: developing ruck

Move Murphy down back . We need someone developing in the brown / laird role .

Bring Stengle in up forward.

We need to sign CEY asap. Still on rookie list and will walk.

I would argue it's in our best interest to not sign CEY asap (or potentially, at all). His list situation here is precarious at best. We're way too slow, way too poor defensively and we still have Matt Crouch to fit back into this lineup. Historically, CEY has been the victim of this, and I doubt anything will change there as he lacks Greenwoods versatility.

It may even get to the point where CEY walking is the best thing for both parties, we do not want to waste more cap space on a depth piece then we need too, and CEY does deserve a payday after this season.

I would argue it's in our best interest to not sign CEY asap (or potentially, at all). His list situation here is precarious at best. We're way too slow, way too poor defensively and we still have Matt Crouch to fit back into this lineup. Historically, CEY has been the victim of this, and I doubt anything will change there as he lacks Greenwoods versatility.

It may even get to the point where CEY walking is the best thing for both parties, we do not want to waste more cap space on a depth piece then we need too, and CEY does deserve a payday after this season.

I cant believe I am reading this. Cam has been a massive positive the last half dozen games (imho our best mid) and you are happy to let him go at seasons end to save a cap space from rookie wages. Cam would get snapped up in a flash on recent form.

There’s no business case you could possibly put up for trading him and for it to make any sense at all.

Drafted in 2011, we have racked up into our 8th year of investing into his development and the $$ for his list spot.

We’ve supported him through a knee recon (might even be 2 can’t recall).

So after 8 years of being in the loss column, he finally secures a spot in the side and is playing good football, and you think we trade him for what...a 2nd maybe?

There’s just no logic to that whatsoever

Poholke is the obvious one to trade. Would be perfect for a side like Essendon that is lacking big-bodied, goalkicking mids.

I'd also be looking to move Atkins on. Tired of him letting us down in key moments and his kicking is massively overrated. Scholl is one who could replace him on the wing.

There’s no business case you could possibly put up for trading him and for it to make any sense at all.

Drafted in 2011, we have racked up into our 8th year of investing into his development and the $$ for his list spot.

We’ve supported him through a knee recon (might even be 2 can’t recall).

So after 8 years of being in the loss column, he finally secures a spot in the side and is playing good football, and you think we trade him for what...a 2nd maybe?

There’s just no logic to that whatsoever

Agreed. He is handy depth at the very least at the moment. Another factor is his age, turned 26 in January. We have a collection of 30 year olds going to retire at a similar time, we still need some mature players once they've gone.

CEY will stay unless we low ball him too hard, shouldn't cost much to retain.

Poholke is the obvious one to trade. Would be perfect for a side like Essendon that is lacking big-bodied, goalkicking mids.

I'd also be looking to move Atkins on. Tired of him letting us down in key moments and his kicking is massively overrated. Scholl is one who could replace him on the wing.
zero value ...

cam might have some value... hes been good ... but he might fall victim to the same fate as jarrod lyons. id be happy to resign him.

these are the types of players carlton should be going for ... real moneyball players... they get their 20-25 disposals each week and dont cost much.

zero value ...

cam might have some value... hes been good ... but he might fall victim to the same fate as jarrod lyons. id be happy to resign him.

these are the types of players carlton should be going for ... real moneyball players... they get their 20-25 disposals each week and dont cost much.
CEY is on a rookie contract - any club that wants him can get him for free.

Imagine Lyons and CEY in Carlton's midflield right now - a big hard bodied type to help Cripps and an accumulator that knows how to play in Lyons (who SOS mocked in the Gibbs trade negotiations first time around). well SOS, Lyons is better than most of what you currently have

We are sitting 8th and didn't make finals last year so if we are finding it hard to trade/retire/delist 3 guys then there's a serious issue.
A combination of Otten, Douglas, Jacobs, Poholke, Jenkins, McKay, Kelly, Hartigan, Atkins, Davis,

We have lots of depth need to add class.

We are sitting 8th and didn't make finals last year so if we are finding it hard to trade/retire/delist 3 guys then there's a serious issue.
A combination of Otten, Douglas, Jacobs, Poholke, Jenkins, McKay, Kelly, Hartigan, Atkins, Davis,

We have lots of depth need to add class.

If JJ can stay in the ones he may have trade value but then again if we let him go who is capable of taking his spot, the others mentioned Jacobs Otten Douglas Mackay would have to walk due to their age, Davis would just be cut, Poholkoke is probably worth persisting with Kelly having a reasonably good year very durable and how many KPD's have we got once Otten is cut

So you could get rid of 5 of them for nothing, Mackay should probably be retained is showing his worth this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back