Unofficial Preview Changes vs Carlton Round 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the big difference is Carlton are in total disarray, North weren't and aren't.
Bolton feels like the equivalent of leppa with us. He has drafted plenty of talent, whoever inherits the blues list has a bit of work ahead but there is plenty of young talent there to develop. I would rather their list then North, sun's, saints or Sydney for example.

Back to this week though, I feel like if we start well we can go on and unleash the shackles a bit (something we have threatened to do for a while)

I have zero concerns about this game regardless of who is coaching the Blues.

If we lose this game we have bigger issues than whether or not the Blues are looking for a new coach.

What makes matters worse is that they dont have Pick 1.... Surely their list bosses need to go. They have 20 odd first rounders on their list and most are dudds
Yet there is still overwhelming support on the Carlton BF board for SOS. Staggers me, even if he were a Carlton great.

What makes matters worse is that they dont have Pick 1.... Surely their list bosses need to go. They have 20 odd first rounders on their list and most are dudds

Most of them are duds picked up from GWS, where SOS was responsible for picking said duds.

SOS is the way bigger problem imo. Has whiffed on roughly 10-15 mature players who haven't offered anything, most from GWS. Made a ridiculously risky bet on their ladder position to pick up Stocker, who appears to be a half back flanker. The side on the weekend was obscenely inexperienced with only 4 100 game or better players, of which two were Fasolo and Casboult.

I have zero concerns about this game regardless of who is coaching the Blues.

If we lose this game we have bigger issues than whether or not the Blues are looking for a new coach.
Sack Fagan. Getting in early.

Bolton will go back to being a fantastic assistant for many years to come. He is the sort of figure I would love to get up to brissy, would love him as Fagans right hand man. That robotic, statistical, grind it out approach is perfect for a line coach. Would be wrapped to get him, high quality person. The Carlton experiment is just over, like us with Leppa, fans will be relieved.

I just had a look at who were their assistant coaches and likely to be the caretaker if Bolton does get the Coke and Sars- John Barker, Cameron Bruce or David Teague are the probables.
John Barker Id guess, he has been close to several jobs and think he almost got our job. That is if the plot wasn't all along was to have Scott there.

Well in his pre game rev up Mr Fagan will be able to say look at Norf, look what happens when a coach goes. He will have a tangible and relevant example of the lift they get. Mind you i think the Norf list was mentally stale I think Carlton's list has other issues. I would think there is a lot more upheaval to come at Carlton clearly their list management and medical probably need a refresh as well. They will lift, we will lift, we still win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton will go back to being a fantastic assistant for many years to come. He is the sort of figure I would love to get up to brissy, would love him as Fagans right hand man. That robotic, statistical, grind it out approach is perfect for a line coach. Would be wrapped to get him, high quality person. The Carlton experiment is just over, like us with Leppa, fans will be relieved.

I would have no problem with Bolton getting a gig as an assistant coach with our club. Obviously would be close to Fagan from the days at Hawthorn. Being out of the Melbourne bubble would be good for him.

I would have no problem with Bolton getting a gig as an assistant coach with our club. Obviously would be close to Fagan from the days at Hawthorn. Being out of the Melbourne bubble would be good for him.

Hope we put in a call, he would have a decent price tag though, might be out of our budget.

Hope we put in a call, he would have a decent price tag though, might be out of our budget.

He would be crazy to ask for a lot of money. He will be still well paid as an assistant coach of an AFL club but I don't think he's in a position to be demanding big money. Every chance Clarkson gets him back at the Hawks.

Hope Vossy gets another head coach gig.

Surely SOS, recruitment team and the development staff at the Blues will be looked at very closely.

On paper their drafting looks like it has been OK, but their trading in of cast offs from other clubs has been atrocious.

He would be crazy to ask for a lot of money. He will be still well paid as an assistant coach of an AFL club but I don't think he's in a position to be demanding big money. Every chance Clarkson gets him back at the Hawks.

Hope Vossy gets another head coach gig.

Yeah but assistants all ask for different amounts. Most of ours would be at around that $150k mark I would assume. The you get the more high profile appointments that ask for $200 - $350. I think he would be sort after and would be in that latter group.

jeeeez. was hoping one more game for Bolton. Go down in flames against the Lions but really guys theres no excuse here, its headless chooks against a team that has belief and confidence.
Fages I believe in you.

Changing coaches nearly always has an immediate positive impact on a team, no matter how lowly. They have some good young talent and are still capable of upsetting a side such as ours which is young and unaccustomed to entering a game as a hot favourite. Add the fact that our record at Marvel is not that flash and that we haven't actually strung four quarters together in any game save probably the opening round. I think we will win but suggestions on the Blues' own board of a 10 to 20 goal thrashing are way over the top.
The evidence doesn't back that up. Only 7 wins out of 18, we played the Suns a couple of years ago in the same situation and won by 10 goals.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/d747d907cd1edb605cfe7760d50c7306

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back