Analysis Beveridge - where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s fair enough.

For me, the problem is that people look at what we do now through the prism of the flag. Last year we fielded the youngest side in the comp in 20/22 rounds and won 8 games. That’s actually good - seriously. The issue is that we shouldn’t have become so young but it was more wins than Carlton, GC and Brisbane, all supposedly young teams.

This year we’re a bit more experienced but not much. Right now we’re on track for 8 wins again, which isn’t good enough, but when the players above are mostly in the 22-26 range in 2-3 seasons, we should be strong.

Looking beyond the list imbalance, poor system and game style, i think that our onfield leadership right now is really poor and one of our biggest issues.

With the limit on runners, when a goal gets kicked against the dogs expect another 2 or 3, or with WC 5 or 6. Bev just can't impact the game from the box like he used to and stop the run. Bevs ability to make in game tactical changes was an advantage and strength which we have now lost.

So with the coaches influence on the fame, it is left up to the onfield leaders to get things back on track. The best teams this season have real top end mature leadership.

Who are ours? There is nobody on field to really direct and take charge.

Today our backline looked as disorganised and second rate as ive seen in ages. Cordy made a ton of mistakes. Trengove just looks out of his depth. Easton, as captain, should be commanding that backline, but he doesn't. Look what moz does when he is down there. Look what matt boyd used to do. We really miss that.

Our forward line is the same. How many times did guys miss a handpass today that would have allowed a teamate an easy shot on goal, instead having a shot and ####ing it up. I counted at least 4. Bont is a big culprit.

Nobody there to pull the guys aside on field and say that its not on.

Overall, i think our leaders are not influential or strong enough and are too worried about themselves to set the example for their teammates.

Way ahead of you.

1. Abysmal goalkicking. Got really bad in 2017, and gotten worse with each year.
2. 3rd quarter/2nd half fadeouts. Nevermind this year, remember how frequent this was last year? 2018 games against Collingwood, Melbourne and Hawthorn come to mind in particular.
3. Incoherent backline. Earlier in the year Cordy was deployed as the sole tall defender, which is already bad enough. None of our defenders seem to know how to neutralize aerial contests and the opposition retains the ball way too frequently after we spoil.

Not sure if you’re aware but goal kicking was a big focus in the off season. Bev said as much prior to the season started. Also, I was at training a number of times pre season and saw the group practice goal kicking for quiet awhile each time. Whether or not a goal kicking coach is/was involved, the one thing they teach and get players to focus on is routine. Apart from a few pointers, there isn’t a lot a goal kicking coach can teach that players and coaches don’t already know.
As far as Bevo being responsible for our yips, there’s not a lot of decision making from his stand point that will change the yips we’ve had at times this year.
Hopefully we practice again this off season and after training each week which most clubs in the country do.

As far as fade outs go, I’m tipping it’s more frustrating for the players, coaches and club than it is for us supporters.
It’s been discussed in here quiet a few times this season and it’s important to remember, we have a very young 22 most weeks and some of things that can suffer with young sides are 4 qtr efforts and execution of what’s required for long enough periods during games to win them week in week out.
We’re seeing it now with the Hawks.
Not a terrible list, but one that’s being re jigged with a few youngsters and new recruits ( not as young as us ), they have the best coach in history, and the club have arguably the greatest culture in the comp. But, they’re having a terribly inconsistent season. Haven’t won back to back games and have had a few really bad losses. Again, this is with the best coach in the comp and a side that’s in the age bracket where they should be almost contending.
Do we just ignore the obvious things that can explain our inconsistencies and mid game fade outs ? I and others certainly don’t but by all means you and others can if you choose to.

As for the backline issue, we’d known about it since before Rd 1 when Bevo had said we’re lacking in that area so he was going to try and play a way so we’d be able to go smaller back there.
Wasn’t an issue Rds 1 and 2 when the rest of the team done their bit but it slowly became to much and we were exposed at times later on against teams. Particularly Carlton.
Since then we’ve gone smaller again, back to taller and then somewhere in the middle in today’s game.
The reality is we have major issues with defensive depth and lack of developed talent. We also lost players in Hamlimg ( went home) Adams ( wanted out ) Morris ( injuries have killed his last 18mths ) and to top it off he’s sent his best defender up to the fwd line because it turns out he’s also our best key fwd. I’m not adding Roughy to that group as he just didn’t graft well the numerous times we played him down there and was traded out as a terribly out of form ruck/fwd. As for the aerial contests, that’s been a big part of our backline structures since Bevo came on board.
We play zoned defence with our non key backs and a strong part of our game was our players getting third man up when needed. I think it’s been good besides some games this year.
I also actually give Bev credit for being able to have some really strong wins with the small backline. Wouldn’t be many coaches in the comp that would’ve pulled it off.
Unfortunately it’s become obvious it’s not sustainable so until the trade period arrives and we have the chance to change things up and our young players have another off season to develop, we just have to leave it up to Bevo to find the best solutions each week and hope the playing group can follow through with them on the field which we know doesn’t always happen with a young group.

I’m not making excuses for the issues you’ve brought up, this is just the way I look at it as there’s so many factors involved with how clubs go about their football.
But like I said, if you want to continue blaming the coach, go ahead.

Last edited:
No the issue is WHY did he have to filed one of the youngest teams in the comp in 17/18 when we won a flag with an already young list?

If there was a reason or valid excuse for that then that’s fine but there isnt. Sure we had retirements but we lost a lot of mid age blokes we simply let go or retired because for some reason they ended up in the twos.

In the prism some of our results with the list demographic have been impressive but my biggest issue is WHY do we have that demographic?
I did acknowledge that above and it’s a fair point.

Not much anyone could do about Boyd x2, Picken, Smith and Redpath. Bit of a question mark over Biggs but his form was horrible.

Morris, Wood, Dickson and Suckling were all injured a lot over 17-18. Maybe fitness staff made mistakes but otherwise are bad luck.

Stringer, Adams, Crameri, Dahlhaus and Roughead all left/pushed. Some fair questions to be asked about whether Stringer could been turned around and why Dahlhaus was so ticked off.

Don’t think we’ve missed Roughead - good on him getting a go at Collingwood but he was crap back for us. Crameri did nothing at Geelong. Adams always injured and nothing has changed.

Maybe Dahlhaus and Stringer have Bev’s fingerprints on them and both could have helped us. The rest not so much.

I did acknowledge that above and it’s a fair point.

Not much anyone could do about Boyd x2, Picken, Smith and Redpath. Bit of a question mark over Biggs but his form was horrible.

Morris, Wood, Dickson and Suckling were all injured a lot over 17-18. Maybe fitness staff made mistakes but otherwise are bad luck.

Stringer, Adams, Crameri, Dahlhaus and Roughead all left/pushed. Some fair questions to be asked about whether Stringer could been turned around and why Dahlhaus was so ticked off.

Don’t think we’ve missed Roughead - good on him getting a go at Collingwood but he was crap back for us. Crameri did nothing at Geelong. Adams always injured and nothing has changed.

Maybe Dahlhaus and Stringer have Bev’s fingerprints on them and both could have helped us. The rest not so much.

A lot of that is true but when you have a young list as we do and losing people to retirement would normally mean you try to keep some mature players around that can help even if it’s not on field.

We have allowed Hamling Jake Biggs Dahl and Rough to go but for some reason grimly held onto blokes like Jong Roberts Campbell. Yes there are reasons they all left but I don’t accept there are ways we could have keep most or if not all of them.

A lot of that is true but when you have a young list as we do and losing people to retirement would normally mean you try to keep some mature players around that can help even if it’s not on field.

We have allowed Hamling Jake Biggs Dahl and Rough to go but for some reason grimly held onto blokes like Jong Roberts Campbell. Yes there are reasons they all left but I don’t accept there are ways we could have keep most or if not all of them.

We’ve lost Picken, Boyd x2, Hamling, Biggs, Roughead, C. Smith, Murphy, Adams and decided not to keep Stringer and Dahl around in 3 years only. Morris and Dickson are both effectively gone or about to go.

That a pretty major list loss there- name one other club with such a big turn over?

Now you can point the finger and ask why? No two players left for the same reason ie there is no common theme here- just a collection of circumstances.

Supporters need to accept that are definitely at a re build stage and that it’s going to take 2-3 years minimum to see some definite results. There will be lots of losses like today’s. Better get used to it.

I think Bevo is a good coach- he showed Mc Cartney up with what he in in 2015 and he did well at the end of 2018 after an abysmal start.

Is he a great coach? Hard to know- we probably won’t know for 2-3 seasons. If we are treading water by then- I doubt he will be still here and he will be a one trick
pony. If he gets us up there again- it will be hard to argue.

Last edited:
Not sure if you’re aware but goal kicking was a big focus in the off season. Bev said as much prior to the season started. Also, I was at training a number of times pre season and saw the group practice goal kicking for quiet awhile each time. Whether or not a goal kicking coach is/was involved, the one thing they teach and get players to focus on is routine. Apart from a few pointers, there isn’t a lot a goal kicking coach can teach that players and coaches don’t already know.
As far as Bevo being responsible for our yips, there’s not a lot of decision making from his stand point that will change the yips we’ve had at times this year.
Hopefully we practice again this off season and after training each week which most clubs in the country do.

As far as fade outs go, I’m tipping it’s more frustrating for the players, coaches and club than it is for us supporters.
It’s been discussed in here quiet a few times this season and it’s important to remember, we have a very young 22 most weeks and some of things that can suffer with young sides are 4 qtr efforts and execution of what’s required for long enough periods during games to win them week in week out.
We’re seeing it now with the Hawks.
Not a terrible list, but one that’s being re jigged with a few youngsters and new recruits ( not as young as us ), they have the best coach in history, and the club have arguably the greatest culture in the comp. But, they’re having a terribly inconsistent season. Haven’t won back to back games and have had a few really bad losses. Again, this is with the best coach in the comp and a side that’s in the age bracket where they should be almost contending.
Do we just ignore the obvious things that can explain our inconsistencies and mid game fade outs ? I and others certainly don’t but by all means you and others can if you choose to.

As for the backline issue, we’d known about it since before Rd 1 when Bevo had said we’re lacking in that area so he was going to try and play a way so we’d be able to go smaller back there.
Wasn’t an issue Rds 1 and 2 when the rest of the team done their bit but it slowly became to much and we were exposed at times later on against teams. Particularly Carlton.
Since then we’ve gone smaller again, back to taller and then somewhere in the middle in today’s game.
The reality is we have major issues with defensive depth and lack of developed talent. We also lost players in Hamlimg ( went home) Adams ( wanted out ) Morris ( injuries have killed his last 18mths ) and to top it off he’s sent his best defender up to the fwd line because it turns out he’s also our best key fwd. I’m not adding Roughy to that group as he just didn’t graft well the numerous times we played him down there and was traded out as a terribly out of form ruck/fwd. As for the aerial contests, that’s been a big part of our backline structures since Bevo came on board.
We play zoned defence with our non key backs and a strong part of our game was our players getting third man up when needed. I think it’s been good besides some games this year.
I also actually give Bev credit for being able to have some really strong wins with the small backline. Wouldn’t be many coaches in the comp that would’ve pulled it off.
Unfortunately it’s become obvious it’s not sustainable so until the trade period arrives and we have the chance to change things up and our young players have another off season to develop, we just have to leave it up to Bevo to find the best solutions each week and hope the playing group can follow through with them on the field which we know doesn’t always happen with a young group.

I’m not making excuses for the issues you’ve brought up, this is just the way I look at it as there’s so many factors involved with how clubs go about their football.
But like I said, if you want to continue blaming the coach, go ahead.

hahaha, Charlie, was this supposed to be a lengthy post defending the coach or taking a shotgun to his face? I was against sacking Bevo until reading the last half dozen of your posts defending him on various threads lol

I seriously hope you are not a defense lawyer. It would honestly be the funniest post of the year if i compiled a list of your arguments in support of the coach, but i will give just one example of your defense strategy, the very first line actually, and why you probably won't be selected on the pro-bevo debating team..

"Not sure if you’re aware but goal kicking was a big focus in the off season" this in response to a post rightly claiming that it has gotten worse... you just killed the very target you are trying to save. In the first line.

Oh, and regarding this...

"As for the backline issue, we’d known about it since before Rd 1 when Bevo had said we’re lacking in that area so he was going to try and play a way so we’d be able to go smaller back there.
Wasn’t an issue Rds 1 and 2 when the rest of the team done their bit but it slowly became to much and we were exposed at times later on against teams. Particularly Carlton".

Never, never ever... bring that up in an argument to save a coach. EVER!!!

You crazy bastard, you.

We’ve lost Picken, Boyd x2, Hamling, Biggs, Roughead, C. Smith, Murphy, Adams and decided not to keep Stringer and Dahl around in 3 years only. Morris and Dickson are both effectively gone or about to go.

That a pretty major list loss there- name one other club with such a big turn over?

Now you can point the finger and ask why? No two players left for the same reason ie there is no common theme here- just a collection of circumstances.

Supporters need to accept that are definitely at a re build stage and that it’s going to take 2-3 years minimum to see some definite results. There will be lots of losses like today’s. Better get used to it.

I think Bevo is a good coach- he showed Mc Cartney up with what he in in 2015 and he did well at the end of 2018 after an abysmal start.

Is he a great coach? Hard to know- we probably won’t know for 2-3 seasons. If we are treading water by then- I doubt he will be still here and he will be a one trick
pony. If he gets us up there again- it will be hard to argue.

Fair enough but I don’t think we should be as far off as we are. We still have half a premiership team and that lauded coaching panel that got us there.

The issue is we have stood still and hope to catch lightning in a bottle twice and it is not going to happen so we need to change something or nothing will change

hahaha, Charlie, was this supposed to be a lengthy post defending the coach or taking a shotgun to his face? I was against sacking Bevo until reading the last half dozen of your posts defending him on various threads lol

I seriously hope you are not a defense lawyer. It would honestly be the funniest post of the year if i compiled a list of your arguments in support of the coach, but i will give just one example of your defense strategy, the very first line actually, and why you probably won't be selected on the pro-bevo debating team..

"Not sure if you’re aware but goal kicking was a big focus in the off season" this in response to a post rightly claiming that it has gotten worse... you just killed the very target you are trying to save. In the first line.

Oh, and regarding this...

"As for the backline issue, we’d known about it since before Rd 1 when Bevo had said we’re lacking in that area so he was going to try and play a way so we’d be able to go smaller back there.
Wasn’t an issue Rds 1 and 2 when the rest of the team done their bit but it slowly became to much and we were exposed at times later on against teams. Particularly Carlton".

Never, never ever... bring that up in an argument to save a coach. EVER!!!

You crazy bastard, you.

You seem like a smart guy, Third LegUp. Not in the football knowledge sense, but more in a witty, IT nerd or long bearded hipster kind of way, so I’m happy for you to go ahead and pick apart my arguments as to why our coach isn’t going as bad as some say.

For me it’s not about defending the coach, it could be anyone in his position, but if they’re going about it the same way then my views on it wouldn’t change.
Some posters, possibly even yourself by the looks of it, have trouble understanding the basics of football and it results in them making ridiculous comments. That’s ok but it’s probably best off not posting as you can look like a bit of a dill.
Lucky for me, I’m not trying to convince a judge or jury, just a few nuffie posters in here.

Your point about the goal kicking, you’re completely ignoring the fact our side isn’t the greatest with their footskills and it’s obvious that it effects our kicking goal badly.
The argument that was brought up was that Bevo does nothing about these things. Regardless of the result, That’s factually incorrect as I stated in the posts you’ve brought up and also in previous ones.

Haha, Carlton, right. Case closed then yeah ? That’s a good one ThirdLegUp.

Last edited:
I think it was Clarkson who said that you don't have to do much coaching when your squad is mature.

We are definitely in need of some on field generals and I'm disappointed with Trengrove who looks all at sea and shows no leadership.

Some of his decisions yesterday to go for a punch when he could have taken a mark show a lack of understanding and application.

We have to be in this for the long term, I don't care about statistics such as not making finals after winning a flag. We are up against teams who are at different stages in their development.

If I was a Richmond fan, I'd be more worried about why they keep losing against average opposition. For them making finals should not be enough. Weren't they going back-to-back last year?

West Coast actually look like they could go back to back, they are strong in every department and wil get Natanui back before finals time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty shitty when a club stalwart like Brad Johnson is publicly doubting Beveridge's game style.

Staggering comment - He is paid for his opinion.
He has a career to worry about and not giving his opinion puts that at risk.

So long as he just doesnt take pot shots from the cheap seats and so long as he explains the reasons behind those statements then there is no big issue.

King and Lloyd recently gone to town on their own sides but gave the details behind their opinions. They weren't baseless.

Staggering comment - He is paid for his opinion.
He has a career to worry about and not giving his opinion puts that at risk.

So long as he just doesnt take pot shots from the cheap seats and so long as he explains the reasons behind those statements then there is no big issue.

King and Lloyd recently gone to town on their own sides but gave the details behind their opinions. They weren't baseless.

I love Johnno as a bulldog legend but as an intelligent commentator he’s lacking, badly.
Unless he’s getting inside intel, I’d take his opinion with a grain of salt too.

I’ve heard someone on here say Ash Hansen is doing a great job? A great job? Our forward line is the worst in the league by some margin. Our midfield has been getting smashed the last 3 weeks and our backline is probably as bad if not worse than our forward line. We have effectively become a rabble of a side. I don’t accept the ‘young team’ excuse anymore. We are 7 goals worst than Carlton, that is a fact. Change is needed big time

Beveridge had an ace up his sleeve after the north melbourne loss. It was bringing billy gowers and Lachie young back in, and debuting a 21 year old VFL key position player against the reigning premiers in Perth.

Too good beveridge. Too good.

So good...Simpson would never have seen that one coming.

It's all part of a big plan. Help his mate Simmo get another flag by playing Darling back into form. Eagles flag means Pies or Tiges don't win and we don't have to hear about it...absolute master stroke

I’ve heard someone on here say Ash Hansen is doing a great job? A great job? Our forward line is the worst in the league by some margin. Our midfield has been getting smashed the last 3 weeks and our backline is probably as bad if not worse than our forward line. We have effectively become a rabble of a side. I don’t accept the ‘young team’ excuse anymore. We are 7 goals worst than Carlton, that is a fact. Change is needed big time
Not being in the inner sanctum not sure whether he is doing a good or bad job.

He is highly rated in the industry and is one of a limited number of coaches invited to do his level 4 and is clear and concise when delivering to coaches at lower levels.

Our forward line is the worst in the league. Other than a small forward who was not good enough to get a game in from of 8 forwards last year at Richmond, who was the last specialist forward we actually recruited, who was then allowed to develop there enabling a forwards coach to teach not only good structure but leading pattens and other movements in the forward line?

Fair enough but I don’t think we should be as far off as we are. We still have half a premiership team and that lauded coaching panel that got us there.

The issue is we have stood still and hope to catch lightning in a bottle twice and it is not going to happen so we need to change something or nothing will change

Agree with you there, Bevo is an ok tactical coach but whoever is our skills coach needs to be under scrutiny. I think 1. Our continual failure to improve our kicking for goal, 2.the poor quality of our handballing ( which slows up our transition continually) and 3. the failure of our tackles to prevent off loads demonstrates how poor our skill coaches are going.

You seem like a smart guy, Third LegUp. Not in the football knowledge sense, but more in a witty, IT nerd or long bearded hipster kind of way, so I’m happy for you to go ahead and pick apart my arguments as to why our coach isn’t going as bad as some say.

For me it’s not about defending the coach, it could be anyone in his position, but if they’re going about it the same way then my views on it wouldn’t change.
Some posters, possibly even yourself by the looks of it, have trouble understanding the basics of football and it results in them making ridiculous comments. That’s ok but it’s probably best off not posting as you can look like a bit of a dill.
Lucky for me, I’m not trying to convince a judge or jury, just a few nuffie posters in here.

Your point about the goal kicking, you’re completely ignoring the fact our side isn’t the greatest with their footskills and it’s obvious that it effects our kicking goal badly.
The argument that was brought up was that Bevo does nothing about these things. Regardless of the result, That’s factually incorrect as I stated in the posts you’ve brought up and also in previous ones.

Haha, Carlton, right. Case closed then yeah ? That’s a good one ThirdLegUp.

IT Nerd or Hipster :eek:, brightened my whole day, so thanks for that. Some folk on here have actually seen what i look like, i unfortunately did not win the hollywood good looks roll... picture more along the soccer hooligan, prison inmate called "Fubar" lines. I brush up pretty good in a suit though ;)

The thread is called "send Bevo to the wall". It is the bulldog boards comedy club, surely. I may not agree 100% with the way Bevo does his work but i am 100% sure sacking him would be a total * up. Very short sighted and reactionary. Who will replace him? they haven't even pondered that as they throw the toys out of the cot ... can you blame me for thinking it is all just a reactionary joke? The contrast between glorious hope when we win and the utter despair on here when we lose is wacked out. I can't take it seriously, but kudos to you if you can.

Regarding football knowledge... eh, I know a little more about football then you think, and I'd say you know a little less then you believe. I do however know a lot more then most about playing at the highest level of sport and what it takes to make it to the top if you haven't been blessed with the abilities of the Bont. I have mentioned it over the years, but the dirty truth does not align with the fantasies of many posters... it is what it is.

You go right along and take this place seriously, Charlie Bucket. I'll just turn the hour glass in anticipation of your eventual "I'm done and outta here" future post. I haven't been here forever, but I've been here long enough to see what happens to those who play chess with pigeons.

We are going into this off-season with MASSIVE salary cap space and high draft picks as trade assets. Bring in the right 3-4 players and we will be top four next year. Rebuild is going as planned. Ahead of schedule if anything. I trust Bevo fully. When assessing our list you have to take into account that we have a million or more of our cap spent on a player that hasn't and will not help us this year. That'll change next year. If we are still underperforming once we are utilizing our cap I'll start to be concerned.

Would LOVE for us to bring in Bolton as an assistant if he would be willing. Has a great football mind and would do well at a team that hasn't been ruined before he got there. Pretty hard to salvage a botched rebuild once that losing culture has been well established. If given more time I have no doubt he would have turned things around. It was always going to be a futile mission to get that team back on track within three years or whatever they gave him. Highly doubt the next bloke will do any better.

Would LOVE for us to bring in Bolton as an assistant if he would be willing. Has a great football mind and would do well at a team that hasn't been ruined before he got there. Pretty hard to salvage a botched rebuild once that losing culture has been well established. If given more time I have no doubt he would have turned things around. It was always going to be a futile mission to get that team back on track within three years or whatever they gave him. Highly doubt the next bloke will do any better.

Has Bevo and Bolton worked together before?? I’d be staggered if we don’t bring on another assistant next season.

IT Nerd or Hipster :eek:, brightened my whole day, so thanks for that. Some folk on here have actually seen what i look like, i unfortunately did not win the hollywood good looks roll... picture more along the soccer hooligan, prison inmate called "Fubar" lines. I brush up pretty good in a suit though ;)

The thread is called "send Bevo to the wall". It is the bulldog boards comedy club, surely. I may not agree 100% with the way Bevo does his work but i am 100% sure sacking him would be a total **** up. Very short sighted and reactionary. Who will replace him? they haven't even pondered that as they throw the toys out of the cot ... can you blame me for thinking it is all just a reactionary joke? The contrast between glorious hope when we win and the utter despair on here when we lose is wacked out. I can't take it seriously, but kudos to you if you can.

Regarding football knowledge... eh, I know a little more about football then you think, and I'd say you know a little less then you believe. I do however know a lot more then most about playing at the highest level of sport and what it takes to make it to the top if you haven't been blessed with the abilities of the Bont. I have mentioned it over the years, but the dirty truth does not align with the fantasies of many posters... it is what it is.

You go right along and take this place seriously, Charlie Bucket. I'll just turn the hour glass in anticipation of your eventual "I'm done and outta here" future post. I haven't been here forever, but I've been here long enough to see what happens to those who play chess with pigeons.

I tried googling Fubar Prison Inmate but unfortunately nothing came up. I’ll have to take your word about your unfortunate looks, ThirdLeg.

Interesting to hear you’re fairly experienced at the highest level of professional sport, you should share some of that wisdom on here, would do some good for those that don’t have much of a grasp on “ how to do football “.

Personally I’m not actually the serious type in regards to BF footy banter, but one thing I get sucked in by is muppet posters who enable other muppet posters to also be muppets and with so many of them having bait in the water lately, I just can’t help but bite.
I’d usually just say something snidey, which isn’t nice I’d admit, so lately I’ve thought i should be a little more productive, for those that do take it seriously and don’t have their head up the wrong hole, by sharing what I know and what I think about our situation.

One thing that is kinda strange is that you’ve got this whole, “ I don’t give a * about big footy so don’t take it seriously “ thing happening yet you’ve been posting on here for years with not all of it being Dad Jokes and Chill.
It’s ok to be passionate about the club and take it half seriously, as long it’s productive, imo.

It’s good to hear you have a rational view on where we’re at, ThirdLeg, and if what you’re saying is true then it’s refreshing hearing it from someone with experience.

As for pulling the pin, if we’ve all survived the last 12 mths in here, we’ll all still be here when our next flag comes round, which will be a while if we ditch Sir Bevo.

Enjoy retirement and your new found corporate career, ThirdLeg. Cheers

Last edited:
I don't believe there is a direct link between footskills in general play and goal kicking accuracy, given that our player with the best footskills in general play (Bontempelli) is also our worst for accuracy when kicking at goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back