The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Bad Shepherd Hazelnut Brown. Part of on the hops six pack at liquor barons. Impressed enough to grab it on its own. Likely more special buy than everyday.
Thanks mate, will keep an eye out. I've never heard of them before but that looks like exactly what I'm after. I don't mind dropping $90 on a carton of 24, it'll usually last me 3 weeks or so unless I have a big night.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone had any decent sessionable darker beers lately? Last few cartons have been either Nail Stout or Boston Brown Ale but I can't find much else that's a sort of an everyday beer rather than a special buy two cans kind of beer.

Give Beer Farms new milk stout a go. And the previously mentioned hazelnut brown is really solid too. Also Eagle Bays cacao stout is about to hit fridges. It's a winter seasonal beer, usually followed by their black IPA which is also epic.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Give Beer Farms new milk stout a go. And the previously mentioned hazelnut brown is really solid too. Also Eagle Bays cacao stout is about to hit fridges. It's a winter seasonal beer, usually followed by their black IPA which is also epic.
Thanks mate, will see if I can find the beer farm one. Love the Eagle Bay stout, not sure if I had a bad batch of the black ipa but it had a really funny flavour when I bought a 6 pack last year.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Any recommendations for a nice IPA or pa? Been a good boy lately and I’m keen to treat my self.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Been to Bull Creek Liquor Barons yet? Head there and ask Simon what's fresh.

There's cold freighted Toppling Goliath and Modern Times beers floating around from the States, Innate brewers canned their new West Coast IPA yesterday so that's as fresh as you can get, Prancing Pony have just dropped one as well, Beerland have Juice Harder in cans, The Fix by Fixation is beaut as well.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
If you want to go further Cellarbrations Superstore in Hami Hill are having a huge sale this weekend. All taps and prefill 1L cans are $10 when you buy 3 or more, plus 20% off all single bottles and cans. Good time to restock the cellar.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast

There's cold freighted Toppling Goliath and Modern Times beers floating around from the States, Innate brewers canned their new West Coast IPA yesterday so that's as fresh as you can get, Prancing Pony have just dropped one as well, Beerland have Juice Harder in cans, The Fix by Fixation is beaut as well.
Yeah I’m off to Bullcreek. So will do that.

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United

I had a pint of Juice Harder a couple of months ago at Whitfords and I must say it had nothing on the original.

What are the better places North of the river? I know about Ashby Cellarbrations and Ocean Reef LBs.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I had a pint of Juice Harder a couple of months ago at Whitfords and I must say it had nothing on the original.

What are the better places North of the river? I know about Ashby Cellarbrations and Ocean Reef LBs.
Devine Cellars in Noranda is one of the best I've come across, I just don't go near there very often unfortunately

I've never noticed, apparently my mind goes blank just being around beer nevermind drinking it

Have you been to Mane Liquor in Ascot? Pretty damn impressive selection - craft and international and have a bunch of taps for growers too.

Have you tried this one, Godfather32?

_20190603_161209.JPG

Been eyeing it off for months, finally had to treat myself after a huge week of work.

Never come across it, any good? Their new place in Vic Park should be open in a few months

Very smooth but a bit on the boozy side. Worth a try. Looking forward to checking it out, should be great. My birthday in a few weeks and I think I'm gonna do a "Boston Marathon" and try and get through all their selection I can get my hands on.

The owner?

Doesn't mind a chin wag and is a bit of a close talker.

Just realised I made a mistake, confused it with Copper and Oak in Tuart Hill, which is a great little store but genuinely packed to the roof with selections which makes it feel very crowded.

Very smooth but a bit on the boozy side. Worth a try. Looking forward to checking it out, should be great. My birthday in a few weeks and I think I'm gonna do a "Boston Marathon" and try and get through all their selection I can get my hands on.

Just realised I made a mistake, confused it with Copper and Oak in Tuart Hill, which is a great little store but genuinely packed to the roof with selections which makes it feel very crowded.
Ah.

I thought you had also been cornered in Noranda and walked out with a warm carton after half an hour of nodding your head and trying to make your way to the checkout.

Ah.

I thought you had also been cornered in Noranda and walked out with a warm carton after half an hour of nodding your head and trying to make your way to the checkout.

Trying to back away slowly whilst saying "well yeah anyway no worries" before he starts a new topic?

Trying to back away slowly whilst saying "well yeah anyway no worries" before he starts a new topic?
Every time I go in there I do the get out of my way cha cha.

Back