Autopsy Smashed the Tigers - Rd 11, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Snake_Baker, moving this discussion from the Zurhaar thread. In regards to turning a corner, I feel this post from last year could almost be applied to the Richmond game from Friday. You posted this after Good Friday last year.

The win isn't really here nor there in the big scheme of things
Probably a bit more meaning to this win sans Brad.

What I loved was the intent. That is something that can be brought every week regardless of our skills or the scoreboard.

If they keep applying themselves like that then the other issues will eventually correct themselves.

This is basically how I feel about the Tigers game.

Everything needs to be predicated on the intent.

This team have inconsistently been able to provide it.

Put tactics to the side we went from chocolates to boiled lollies last year.

This year it could be the inverse.

The intent needs to be there, every week. It's was patchy at best under Brad. One win doesn't indicate that it's here to stay.

But it's a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Snake_Baker, moving this discussion from the Zurhaar thread. In regards to turning a corner, I feel this post from last year could almost be applied to the Richmond game from Friday. You posted this after Good Friday last year.

Probably a bit more meaning to this win sans Brad.

This is basically how I feel about the Tigers game.

Everything needs to be predicated on the intent.

This team have inconsistently been able to provide it.

Put tactics to the side we went from chocolates to boiled lollies last year.

This year it could be the inverse.

The intent needs to be there, every week. It's was patchy at best under Brad. One win doesn't indicate that it's here to stay.

But it's a step in the right direction.

That view at that time is not in correlation with the events that have unfolded in most of the first 9 rounds of this season.

We're also 12 months down the track, development wise, and list wise.

Congrats - first NM game I’ve enjoyed watching for sometime to be honest, look forward to seeing a few more. Love the Shaw’s - great footy family and great around the club. Good luck moving forward and one less Scott brother presser whine I need to sit through.
Mate, the pressers were never compulsory. I stopped watching them years ago.

Overall leaders

63 - Tim Kelly (GEEL)
52 - Patrick Cripps (CARL)
49 - Brodie Grundy (COLL)
47 - Travis Boak (PORT)
46 - Ben Cunnington (NMFC)

For a team that’s losing Cunners effort is enormous.
What about Cripps then. Poor bastard being in that shithole of a club.

Cunners has to be AA in this form.
He should but he won't. Instead, his spot will go to some plodder from the Crows whose first name is Brodie that no-one's ever heard of outside Adelaide. Or Geelong's sixth best mid; the one who goes missing in finals on an annual basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should but he won't. Instead, his spot will go to some plodder from the Crows whose first name is Brodie that no-one's ever heard of outside Adelaide. Or Geelong's sixth best mid; the one who goes missing in finals on an annual basis.
Won’t get AA, as defenders need to kick goals to take their game to the next level.
It’s why we’ll see Porkins or Franklin take the AA fullback role, as Cameron has the chf role already.

Jack Higgins has already peaked as a player.

Won't be on an AFL list at 25.

Not sure about that but hope he's got a solid Plan B.

Quitting your schooling to concentrate on top age U18 footy is certainly a different direction to take.

Not sure about that but hope he's got a solid Plan B.

Quitting your schooling to concentrate on top age U18 footy is certainly a different direction to take.

TG quit Year 12 but started a plumbing apprenticeship, which is a bit different.

I'm sure Jake King and Dusty's Dad can find some work for him.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the phenomenal win.

Apologies for the lateness of posting these, family matters took precedence this week.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game - if you haven't seen one of these posts before, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 28

Polec 26 wing
Dumont 25 wing
Ziebell 24
Cunnington 24
Anderson 18
Higgins 14 (10i, 4w)
LDU 8
Simpkin 1 wing

Rucks:
Goldstein 25 (Soldo 18)
Larkey 3 (Balta/Astbury 10)

1st Half - 14

Polec 13 wing
Dumont 12 wing
Ziebell 12
Cunnington 11
Anderson 11
Higgins 5 (3i, 2w)
LDU 5
Simpkin 1 wing

Goldstein 12
Larkey 2

2nd Half - 14

Polec 13 wing
Dumont 13 wing
Cunnington 13
Ziebell 12
Higgins 9 (2w)
Anderson 7
LDU 3

Goldstein 13
Larkey 1

Notes:
- LDU didn't receive a rotation in the final term
- Most appearances for Cunnington this season in analysed games (5 other games analysed)
- Most appearances for Ziebell in analysed games since Rd 10, 2017

And 32 plus 37 = 69 and it is no surprise we've improved once Mason finally managed to play footy and stop trying to suck himself off all the time.

Trying to remember when we last wore our (Carey era and later home jumper) for a home game like Friday night?

Be at least a couple of years i suspect? (i know this had the Indigenous theme but was ultimately same style)

I initially was for our move to the mostly blue home to conform with AFL (ridiculous) policy to allow us blue shorts/socks under their white policy, but i still think the previous looks better.

It's probably not important but hope can do it more often!! Make it happen!

Zurhaar set the tone early. The tackle on Stack. Then shepherds Anderson’s kick through for a goal, after that he nails Butler HTB and wins the free kicks and it to Brown for a goal. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get 10 coaches votes.

Cunners deserved the 10 and got ‘em. Zurharr surprisingly got less than I expected. I gave him 1 vote.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back