Opinion Mark Logiudice and the Board of Directors - No Board changes as at 24th Feb 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Pablito

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
The Godfather and his Capos
https://m.carltonfc.com.au/club/about-us/board

I implore one of our many powerbrokers to clean the rot that has festered in our boardroom for far too long and force a board spill.

Members such as Fat Tony himself, Luke Sayers, Jeannie Pratt (her money will be missed), Craig Mathieson and co have presided over what can only be described as poor decisions one after another.

The sacking of Ratten.
The hiring of Malthouse.
The appointment of Bolton (without the nesescary support, where was Neal Craig's replacement?).

If Mike Fitzpatrick is reading this, I beg you to act. The general positive member sentiment towards the current board is at an all time low and the chances of someone being able to dislodge the current heirachy would be high.

Apologies for possibly causing more negative discourse but it has to be said. After today's performance from Mark, it should be the last nail in his boards coffin.

Also just let the record show. I agree with today's decision. It had to be done.

PostPaolo

All Australian
Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Whoever our new coach is they must be surrounded by good people. A strong board and football department is needed and I find it hard to believe that Bolton was at fault for where we currently find ourselves.

New ideas and voices are needed and perhaps a president who's been a part of the board for over a decade and overseen three coaches who have got the axe will be brought to attention.

Pablito

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
No, what it required was a change in game day coach, but not necessarily the removal of Bolts from coaching in any capacity at CFC.
What reason would you give to support the current board knowing their numerous previous missteps?

Pablito

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Completely disagree with the OP's post and sentiment.

PS, good work on the Syd Stack identification Pablito. I had him around 18 on my final board on draft night (gives myself a pat) but you had him way higher in the Phanto. Maybe somewhere in between us was in reality his rightful spot.
He looks a star early as predicted. But I guess everyone knew that. It's everything else that will be a worry going forward.

In regards to the topic, apart from further instability, why would we keep the current board?

The whole board isn't going anywhere. Let's get used to this fact. (95% fact)

MLG may have to be the boards' scapegoat though, but again, he may choose to dig his heels in also.
If the rest of the board disapprove of him staying on, only then may blood be shed.

Still seems to me that should Judd want the post (and he may well not) then it could be his and his quickly.
Just reading the landscape here and have no evidence for it.

With Judd as President, the natives are appeased, we have profile in the top ranks and 'hope' is restored.

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
If anything our powerbrokers are the problem. Impatient people who understand business but don't understand football well enough and think things can be fixed quickly and everything comes down to how people run things.

Knowledge is power, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

We're half way through a plan and drastic measures are being taken.

We've been rebuilding, sacking coaches, showing little faith in understanding the modern era and little faith for 20 years and for 20 years we have been mediocre to bad.

At least MLG is showing signs of showing faith and understanding the modern game. I just feel it's the power brokers pulling the strings of those running the club holding us back.

We're in the middle of something we need stability.

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
You are part of the problem.

Open your eyes and smell the roses. Things will never change if the people responsible for some of the worst decisions of the clubs modern history aren't held accountable.

Go stick your head in the sand and pretend we have the best list in the competition.

I’m part of the problem? People keep telling I have all this power. How do I use it? I wasn’t even invited to the board meetings. If I did Bolton would still be there.

PS where have I ever said we have the best list in the competition?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
What reason would you give to support the current board knowing their numerous previous missteps?

I'm pretty happy that we now have Judd, Liddle, Lloyd, Russell & SOS in key positions at the club.

They are actually seeing the plan through. They stuck with Bolton through a 2 win season in 2018 and unfortunately were forced to act this year.
I think they've made the right steps.

You are part of the problem.

Open your eyes and smell the roses. Things will never change if the people responsible for some of the worst decisions of the clubs modern history aren't held accountable.

Go stick your head in the sand and pretend we have the best list in the competition.

Define modern? 20 years …. 15 years … 10 years … this regime?

Which is it?

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
He looks a star early as predicted. But I guess everyone knew that. It's everything else that will be a worry going forward.

In regards to the topic, apart from further instability, why would we keep the current board?

Not necessarily keep all the board , but not the lynching you are calling for. If changes need to be made in the years forward then fine. But that is just normal.

I think this board has done a hell of a lot right since the club reset after 2015.

Liddle , LLoyd and Judd look fine enough appointments. Russell was a coup. The Club is going well offield apparently. The club is now modern, functional, respectful and in the 21st century.

And to the current talking point. I actually think Bolton was a successful appointment. He was what we needed at the time, he has made the place a better place. He has given the playing group a foundation as people and players and teammates.

It was just becoming quite clear that he couldn't do the next step. Be a winning AFL Senior Coach. That takes specific skills that Brendan probably didn't possess.

I see his tenure and appointment as a success. And i also agree with today's decision. Overall i am happy with our decisions post 2015 and the foundations we have built in extremely difficult circumstances considering the basketcase we were pre the end of 2015.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
The club is in a solid financial position.
The club delivered on it's difficult task of acquiring young talent; as the members demanded, and as the board said it would.
MLG has been the most in-tune and approachable president the club has had in a long while; try expressing your concerns with him directly, I'll hazard a guess that he will make time to listen to you.

if your gonna criticise, focus on the process rather than the interim results in retrospect; the journey is only partially complete. Today's action was necessary, but the goal or strategy hasn't changed; nor has it been a failed journey to date.

My only criticism is that Bolts appears to have been removed entirely from CFC. He's unique, in that, by his own admission, he operates with a strong desire to create bonds, and invests in the broader development of players; perhaps like no other. Club's need those types of coaches. He should have been retained in some capacity other than game day coaching.

SOSforPM

All Australian
Oct 20, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Completely disagree with the OP's post and sentiment.

PS, good work on the Syd Stack identification Pablito. I had him around 18 on my final board on draft night (gives myself a pat) but you had him way higher in the Phanto. Maybe somewhere in between us was in reality his rightful spot.
The most random follow up paragraph I have read.

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
I’m part of the problem? People keep telling I have all this power. How do I use it? I wasn’t even invited to the board meetings. If I did Bolton would still be there.

PS where have I ever said we have the best list in the competition?
How dare you Soapy, I didn't realise that you were to blame. #sakcsoapyv

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

AB_Blue

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 26, 2011
"South of the border"
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I’d assume we take stock, play out the season and re-stabilise the club.

A mass clean out of back room staff on the back of our membership and financial turnaround would be a slap in the face to the current regime

The footy manager is new and so to the coach.

The media will be howling for a week but winning changes everything

If we win 2-5 games post bye the media will get bored and find another target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the facts, we've had our worst on field performance over the last two years in our clubs history.

Off field we are in the strongest financial position we've enjoyed in 20 years.

The president doesn't coach the team. He doesn't even appoint the coaches or the senior coach. He puts other people in charge to do that job.

Supporters attacking the president are just ignorant, lashing out at everyone.

The media attacking Mark are just after another story to sell more newspapers. They can go and get stuffed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back