Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Spud Patrol

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
"I would rather take a Charlie Curnow at 12 and Burton 19 in same draft than say a Paddy McCartin, Andrew McGrath or Cam Reyner at 1. Stocker only first year player and looking more settled. Needs few more preseasons."

Carlton flog trying to justify trading out pick 1 to Adelaide.

Jul 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't really care that we lost Burton. Crimmins medal says it all really. Have heard some first person reports of how much a tosser he was as well. Especially with how his attitude was when he was dropped to Box Hill

Burton leaving the Hawks...the gift that just keeps on giving.
FYI in case you haven’t heard, Chad did his hammy last night

Last edited by a moderator:
Blues fan said:
Watched with an Essendon buddy who was thoroughly unimpressed by their performance today and this year.

He figured we are further from the top 8 but closer to a premiership (as our young talent matures).

Nothing can compensate for feeling so miserable about Carlton right now, but some bomber misery never hurts.
Hmmmmm, I think the ‘Essendon buddy’ was either an imaginary friend or someone taking the piss.

If only they had picked Neale instead of Wingard it would have been fine.

As if Neale was ever in play...

Everyone was in play for them, all desperate to go to Hawthorn including Neale and Shiel and Beams and Hogan and Lobb and Durant and Kyrie. They did their due diligence and decided Wingard was a good idea.

Cripps was bad today coz he was tanking to send a message he’s not happy about Bolton. Poor chiss loving guy, Carlton lost his grand final today.

Hasn't taken it well has he?

Collingwood Nuffie 1 said:
We paid pick 30 for him 3 years ago, was one of best players of last year's finals series and you think pick 30 is about right? PMSL.
Pie nuffie 1 continued said:
Was a late bloomer, been well documented that that penny didn't drop until last season, came in and matched it with the best onballers in the comp.
Collingwood nuffie 2 said:
Problem with your statement is those two other muppets were never any good where Sier had improved now, so worth more now. Pick between 10-25.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So yeah. Sier is worth pick 10-25 based off a dozen games in 4 years.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
This may be unpopular, but if the draft was re-held today knowing what we do now, it wouldnt take much to convince me to take Rozee at pick 1

Although saying now that Walsh was the 'safe' pick is a bit revisionist for mine. Walsh was a consensus pick 1 and you would, in reality, be happy with either

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
This may be unpopular, but if the draft was re-held today knowing what we do now, it wouldnt take much to convince me to take Rozee at pick 1

Although saying now that Walsh was the 'safe' pick is a bit revisionist for mine. Walsh was a consensus pick 1 and you would, in reality, be happy with either

That's it, it's completely revisionist.

Rozee was good in the North Adelaide league premiership team last season but not a patch on what he's shown in 2019 for Port. I don't think anyone would've predicted Rozee to be this good and this consistent.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
So yeah. Sier is worth pick 10-25 based off a dozen games in 4 years.
If he was out of contract october 2018, that would be close to the mark.
However he has not played because he has had some injury issues and Collingwood fans are saying the magpies want him to move into a coaches house cause he 'needs routine' = unfit?

Doesnt sound like a mid first round pick for mine

IHurley

All Australian
Jan 12, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

I think that is why you are better off not having pick 1. You are always going to take the safe bet because you look stupid if they turn out to be duds. And whilst it shouldn't matter to a club if one of their draft choices look stupid, egos are always going to play a role here. Far better to have multiple picks between 10-30 - each pick is much more likely to be a dud but overall, your chance of getting a star is basically the same and the chance of getting multiple top 22 players infinitely higher.

Back