Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Collingwood President Eddie McGuire, who remains the most powerful figure in the game ..."

This is an (almost) absolute furphy - or should be! Sure, he's influential because of his media platforms, but why is he "the most powerful"? What power does he have over the AFL - what can he threaten to do that could do any damage to the AFL's interests? If Gilligan, Hocking, or the Commission had any balls they'd tell him to STFU.

"Collingwood President Eddie McGuire, who remains the most powerful figure in the game ..."

This is an (almost) absolute furphy - or should be! Sure, he's influential because of his media platforms, but why is he "the most powerful"? What power does he have over the AFL - what can he threaten to do that could do any damage to the AFL's interests? If Gilligan, Hocking, or the Commission had any balls they'd tell him to STFU.
If Collingwood want to do anything to spite the AFL they'll just end up sabotaging themselves.

It sounds pretty easy to just disregard McGuire and do what the AFL think is best. People love an Eddie McGuire public pile on and they'll engage with it at any opportunity.

Am I just being over cynical or why are they getting all the prison bar jumpers out of the country.
Every club does this. West Coast donated some GF spares overseas, and the team that we donated to is playing against is wearing some Box Hill hawks jumpers. There was a thread on FJGD with some examples of this.

Am I just being over cynical or why are they getting all the prison bar jumpers out of the country.

Better to spread the Prison Bar name around the world than the BiBs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tenor.gif

This is the only thing that can save our club at this stage. It simply has to be the most important topic on the clubs agenda going forward. Sadly I don't think our deluded board, management, insiders living inside the club bubble understand the extreme discontent with everything PAFC at the moment.
We simply must wear the prison bars going forward.

This is the only thing that can save our club at this stage. It simply has to be the most important topic on the clubs agenda going forward. Sadly I don't think our deluded board, management, insiders living inside the club bubble understand the extreme discontent with everything PAFC at the moment.
We simply must wear the prison bars going forward.
Yup, this and the other heritage items are all important when the s**t hits the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back