Coaching Staff Senior Coach: John Worsfold - Thank you John

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks
West Coast
GWS

Next three

Reckon Lloyd is right. said that Worsfold won't be there next year if Essendon can win any of those games and knowing how predictable Essendon is he can't see us see winning any of them.

Massive 3 weeks for John and the club.

edit - there i corrected the spelling mistake you grammar nazis.

Last edited:
Hawks
West Coast
GWS

Next three

Reckon Llyod is right. said that Worsfold won't be there next year if Essendon can win any of those games and knowing how predictable Essendon he can't see us see winning any of them.

Lloyd*

I don't blame woosha for the drugs saga, don't think anyone could?, though i do blame him for us getting consistently worse.

These are the facts.

We finished 8th in 2017.

We gave up draft picks and we brought in High profile recruits in Stringer, Saad & Smith for 2018.

We finished 11th in 2018.

We again gave up draft picks we brought in another High profile recruit in Sheil for 2019

We are currently 12th in 2019.

I see absolutely nothing across the entire club that shows me there is improvement on the horizon. Maybe i'm alone?
Those are the stats that concern me

Equally, bucks followed a similar trend though

Concern, but caution at the same time

I don't blame woosha for the drugs saga, don't think anyone could?, though i do blame him for us getting consistently worse.

These are the facts.

We finished 8th in 2017.

We gave up draft picks and we brought in High profile recruits in Stringer, Saad & Smith for 2018.

We finished 11th in 2018.

We again gave up draft picks we brought in another High profile recruit in Sheil for 2019

We are currently 12th in 2019.

I see absolutely nothing across the entire club that shows me there is improvement on the horizon. Maybe i'm alone?
One thing that is undeniable is our significant improvement in contested possessions (4th in the comp), clearances (3rd in the comp) and overall defence (6th despite a bad start). Ben Rutten really earning his pay check.

Unfortunately, our forwardline, forward ball movement and disposal efficiency collapsed. This means that the net output is exactly the same.

Even though we generate clearances and win the ball more often, our inside 50s remain the same. It shows two things. Our pressure in our forwardline isn't good enough and we turnover the ball too much. All of our problems this year stem from our forwardline.

If you focus on improvement in addressing our glaring weakness, then the improvement is undeniable. I never imagined I'd see an Essendon side that sits in the top 4 for clearances and contested possessions.

We're almost a completely different side to 2017, yet the result remains the same. We improve in one thing and collapse in something else.

One thing that is undeniable is our significant improvement in contested possessions (4th in the comp), clearances (3rd in the comp) and overall defence (6th despite a bad start). Ben Rutten really earning his pay check.

Unfortunately, our forwardline, forward ball movement and disposal efficiency collapsed. This means that the net output is exactly the same.

Even though we generate clearances and win the ball more often, our inside 50s remain the same. It shows two things. Our pressure in our forwardline isn't good enough and we turnover the ball too much. All of our problems this year stem from our forwardline.

If you focus on improvement in addressing our glaring weakness, then the improvement is undeniable. I never imagined I'd see an Essendon side that sits in the top 4 for clearances and contested possessions.

We're almost a completely different side to 2017, yet the result remains the same. We improve in one thing and collapse in something else.

At the end of day the only stat that matters is wins

We clearly brought in cattle to push for a flag, not to finish outside the 8. If we do not at least win 1 final this year we need to look at other options. We do not have time to keep ******* around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great post - yeah even on Sunday we didn't get much from our entries - Carlton players marked (almost uncontested) a lot of our forays forward.
I don't care if our players don't mark it but it is a sin to not get a contest in that area of the ground. (and it would bring more players into the game)
A lot of it has to do with where and how we deliver it...

giphy.gif

If I heard the stat correctly yesterday, Essendon rank highest (or among the highest) in shot for goal difficulty, meaning I guess that a lot of out shots are out wide on tough angles or crumbing type snap shots or at distance (50m+). Not having solid lead up forward options means we keep bombing it in or looking to hit up players in the pockets. Not ideal obviously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back