Player Watch Pick #5 (2018) - Connor Rozee (AFL Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rozee still paying $7 for online betting. Surely that will drop below $3 soon.
Betting agencies and punters know how the voting works so why would they pour heaps of money into Rozee?

Baker is a beauty of a pickup for the Tigers, granted a couple of cohorts ahead of Rozee but in terms of the award could well benefit from the exposure of finals football.

Surely only a matter of time before Jordan Clark gets a nomination, has been excellent this year and should be at this stage alongside Rozee and Walsh.

I think it's fair to say that the going has got tougher for Connor the past handful of weeks, but love the fact he's still remained an impact player and even on relatively quiet days he bobs up for a couple of important moments.

I went through my notes about Liam Baker from 2016:

Defo a small forward at AFL level
Late pick or rookie
Skill execution is just OK, but he's good at reading a pack
When Port fans say `we need a small forward roving to him' this is who they mean, genuine crumber/rover

Oh well

Hawthorn really targeted him early in the game. Pushing shoving, man-handling. It was a clear tactic to man-on-man rough up our young guys ... and it worked!
Which annoyed me why the coach(s) did not move Connor early in the quarter and give him midfield time then push fwd etc. CHANGE it UP!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't mcgrath supposed to move into the midfield? Still a back flanker.

McGrath is the football equivalent Tweak from South Park. He runs around all sketchy and energetic, but does absolutely nothing.

Rozee rated as Pick #1 by Cornes ....

"But Cornes declared the Blues should’ve been more bold in their Pick 1 selection, saying Connor Rozee — who was eventually taken by Port Adelaide with Pick 5 and currently leads the club’s goalkicking after 11 rounds — would’ve been their ideal pick-up.

Asked on SEN’s Time On whether Carlton used Pick 1 on the wrong player, Cornes said: “Yes. I think it was the safe pick. In hindsight, 10 games in, I’d love to ask them (the Blues) honestly off the record, who would they pick now. (Personally), I’d pick Rozee now ... In hindsight, they’d pick (Connor) Rozee every day of the week right now.

“We make calls, it was good, safe pick. Is he going to win you games? No he’s not. “He doesn’t have the match-winning attributes to win games off his own boot, like a Connor Rozee can.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...s/news-story/3d936325248fc659a88f44adde147025

Rozee rated as Pick #1 by Cornes ....

"But Cornes declared the Blues should’ve been more bold in their Pick 1 selection, saying Connor Rozee — who was eventually taken by Port Adelaide with Pick 5 and currently leads the club’s goalkicking after 11 rounds — would’ve been their ideal pick-up.

Asked on SEN’s Time On whether Carlton used Pick 1 on the wrong player, Cornes said: “Yes. I think it was the safe pick. In hindsight, 10 games in, I’d love to ask them (the Blues) honestly off the record, who would they pick now. (Personally), I’d pick Rozee now ... In hindsight, they’d pick (Connor) Rozee every day of the week right now.

“We make calls, it was good, safe pick. Is he going to win you games? No he’s not. “He doesn’t have the match-winning attributes to win games off his own boot, like a Connor Rozee can.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...s/news-story/3d936325248fc659a88f44adde147025

Yeah dunno. They’d still pick Walsh. Its naive to think Walsh doesn’t have many more levels to get to

Yeah dunno. They’d still pick Walsh. Its naive to think Walsh doesn’t have many more levels to get to

I love Rozee. I love Walsh. I never care for these ‘should have drafted this player’ conversations when they’re both good players. As long as you drafted a gun. It’s only the misses when you don’t get a good player that I care about.

For mine I look at duursma and that’s the player Carlton should have identified and gone after instead of stocker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back