Taylor Walker... how's he going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Our dietician needs to be fired, clearly not working with Tex.

Those dieticians are very very meticulous. They have eating programs set up for all players.

Some players get food from the Club others make their own at home where the dietician has little control over. Not to mention diet is also a behavioral and psychological issue.

Tex has never been a pack smashing forward though so it makes perfect sense why not.

Thats why the Cats do well they have Tomahawk for that and have Rohan for aerial supremacy plus Ablett running rampant as the small.

Mind you the Eagles are even more lethal with JK and Darling, then with their smalls doing crazy good things.

Not sure if you watch any of the footy shows.

Last night they mentioned accuracy has dropped off by 10% this year.

They said something which I thought was spot on, the team that kicks straight this year could beat teams well above them.

I really enjoyed Brouch's shot for goal on Saturday, in reality I shouldnt have, it was a dead set straight kick.

The footy shows were suggesting that it possibly could be due to failure to practice properly and the increase in difficulty of modern footy to yesteryear.

Fatigue would be the biggest reason I feel. Players are racking up much more kms now then they were 20 years ago, although the drop from this year to last may be anomalous.

Thats why the Cats do well they have Tomahawk for that and have Rohan for aerial supremacy plus Ablett running rampant as the small.

Mind you the Eagles are even more lethal with JK and Darling, then with their smalls doing crazy good things.

Himmelberg is who I see doing that for us. That boy doesn't mind splitting a pack open.

Fatigue would be the biggest reason I feel. Players are racking up much more kms now then they were 20 years ago, although the drop from this year to last may be anomalous.

Im glad you said that because the footy shows last night showed players missing simple set shots for goal after two minutes of play in good conditions. There is no excuse for that.

Himmelberg is who I see doing that for us. That boy doesn't mind splitting a pack open.

I wonder if JJ continues to improve and plays the same kind of game as he did against the Dees, what we do with him? Most want to trade him but we could end up with just Berg which would be disastrous. Fog isnt 100% ready to control a game yet at AFL level, hell he hasnt done it at SANFL consistently.

If JJ continues to improve and Tex's form drops down at the end of the year. There is a massive dilemma facing the AFC.

And round in a circle we go. Tex can’t take a contested mark, can only mark out on a lead.

Yet this year he currently sits at #15 in the AFL for contested marks.

I’ve never felt the need or even want to go on a crusade to protect this particular player, and whilst I’ve always enjoyed his work, he’s certainly never been my favourite.

But the misinformation, the prejudice and the downright lies about his performances need to be called out.

Im glad you said that because the footy shows last night showed players missing simple set shots for goal after two minutes of play in good conditions. There is no excuse for that.

Fatigue would be the long term driver, though, who knows with this year. Could be a pressure thing, could be teams have taken their eye of the ball set shots wise, could simply be there are more s**t set shots in the league.

We're past the point that it's a statistical anomaly shot wise. Could just be a s**t year for it.

And round in a circle we go. Tex can’t take a contested mark, can only mark out on a lead.

Yet this year he currently sits at #15 in the AFL for contested marks.

I’ve never felt the need or even want to go on a crusade to protect this particular player, and whilst I’ve always enjoyed his work, he’s certainly never been my favourite.

But the misinformation, the prejudice and the downright lies about his performances need to be called out.

There is a big difference between contested marking, and crashing packs. 1 on 1, Tex has found a lot of success, but he has never been the type of player who has taken to bowling his way through packs. Jenkins also averages similar numbers (probably indicative of how low percentage contested marks are) at 1.2 a game, and it's not in his game either.

Not every key forward needs to be capable of crashing packs either to be successful, it's a relatively niche skill for the position, but it's why we saw someone like McGovern become stupidly valuable for us. It's a point of difference we've sorely lacked.

Its interesting that contested marks is used as the measuring stick because I think Jenkins is about relatively the same as Tex in the games they have played together in 2019.

I think what needs to be expressed in here is open dialogue about how we move forward as Club and the team we want to assemble for our next flag push.

I believe there is a clear distortion of facts about a forwards role and importance and trajectory that has only been explored with a small sample size and not over a longer period.

Fatigue would be the long term driver, though, who knows with this year. Could be a pressure thing, could be teams have taken their eye of the ball set shots wise, could simply be there are more **** set shots in the league.

We're past the point that it's a statistical anomaly shot wise. Could just be a **** year for it.

There is a big difference between contested marking, and crashing packs. 1 on 1, Tex has found a lot of success, but he has never been the type of player who has taken to bowling his way through packs. Jenkins also averages similar numbers (probably indicative of how low percentage contested marks are) at 1.2 a game, and it's not in his game either.

Not every key forward needs to be capable of crashing packs either to be successful, it's a relatively niche skill for the position, but it's why we saw someone like McGovern become stupidly valuable for us. It's a point of difference we've sorely lacked.

Have Adelaide ever had a pack crashing forward and Gov is far from that and only ever played half a season and reading the blues board are rather disappointed with him

Have Adelaide ever had a pack crashing forward and Gov is far from that and only ever played half a season and reading the blues board are rather disappointed with him

This is very true.

But apparently contested marks is being used as the only measuring stick of a forward.

Gov is in 11th position compared to Tex in 15th.

I will also say though I havent confirmed the stats that Jenkins and Tex have about the same contested marks in 2019.

This is very true.

But apparently contested marks is being used as the only measuring stick of a forward.

Gov is in 11th position compared to Tex in 15th.

I will also say though I havent confirmed the stats that Jenkins and Tex have about the same contested marks in 2019.
Being obtuse again.

No one said contested marks is the only measure - clearly it’s not, far from it.

I posted that stat in response to the usual cries of Tex not taking them - but he does.

There is a lot that goes into an assessment of what makes a good forward. Not only stats, but a whole lot of info we don’t and can’t know about roles and expectations of coaching staff.

In 2012 and the start of the 2013 season he was a monster weighing in at 100kg. He then had the Knee and reco and in 2015-2016 looked amazingly trim. The last few years he has gotten bigger again.

JJ and Fog have the same issue.

Think the forwards need to be banned from the weights room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being obtuse again.

No one said contested marks is the only measure - clearly it’s not, far from it.

I posted that stat in response to the usual cries of Tex not taking them - but he does.

There is a lot that goes into an assessment of what makes a good forward. Not only stats, but a whole lot of info we don’t and can’t know about roles and expectations of coaching staff.

Being arrogant again?

Thats correct there is a range of parameters used to asses the usefulness of a forward.

I would have thought a reasonable person would believe goals is one of the most important variables.

No one has posted lies or misinformation about Tex in here.

If you look at a large sample size it is blindingly obvious since the middle of last year to today, Tex has struggled and more so against Clubs like the Hawks, Cats, Giants and his poor Eagles game not to mention the bath that Pearce gave him against Freo.

His done well against teams that will finish near the bottom at the end of this year like the the Suns and Saints.

His Lions game is interesting, kicked 3.3 but missed some simple set shots, they were I50m goals he missed not to mention the simple chest mark he dropped late in the 4th, that had he taken we could have at least drawn the game possibly.

Tex's contested marks and goals scored in 2019 is similar to Jenkins for the 5 games they have played together. That is irrefutable fact.

I hope Davis goes to Tex on Saturday, as this will be a good test for him as he had held to just one goal last time and just 6 disposals last time in a game we lost that cost us a position in the 8.

Being arrogant again?

Thats correct there is a range of parameters used to asses the usefulness of a forward.

I would have thought a reasonable person would believe goals is one of the most important variables.

No one has posted lies or misinformation about Tex in here.

If you look at a large sample size it is blindingly obvious since the middle of last year to today, Tex has struggled and more so against Clubs like the Hawks, Cats, Giants and his poor Eagles game not to mention the bath that Pearce gave him against Freo.

His done well against teams that will finish near the bottom at the end of this year like the the Suns and Saints.

His Lions game is interesting, kicked 3.3 but missed some simple set shots, they were I50m goals he missed not to mention the simple chest mark he dropped late in the 4th, that had he taken we could have at least drawn the game possibly.

Tex's contested marks and goals scored in 2019 is similar to Jenkins for the 5 games they have played together. That is irrefutable fact.

I hope Davis goes to Tex on Saturday, as this will be a good test for him as he had held to just one goal last time and just 6 disposals last time in a game we lost that cost us a position in the 8.
Lies and misinformation.

Only performed well against the Suns and Saints

He performed well against Port and Brisbane - both teams inside the 8.

But when he performs well you qualify it with reference to a single error, and that error was made in the 3rd. It was Lynch that dropped the simple one late in the game.

Lies, misinformation to support a trolling agenda, and you hope it gets ignored. Sorry, not today and not any day will I ignore lies and misinformation.

It’s casual Texism and I’ll call you out every time

Lies and misinformation.

Only performed well against the Suns and Saints

He performed well against Port and Brisbane - both teams inside the 8.

But when he performs well you qualify it with reference to a single error, and that error was made in the 3rd. It was Lynch that dropped the simple one late in the game.

Lies, misinformation to support a trolling agenda, and you hope it gets ignored. Sorry, not today and not any day will I ignore lies and misinformation.

It’s casual Texism and I’ll call you out every time

I am disappointed with your constant lies, misinformation and distortion of data to suit your narrative.

I never ever said only performed well against the Suns and Saints.

He had a decent game against an absolutely decimated Power reserves side.

Your deliberate fabricated lies, misinformation and trollings and you think its going to get completely ignored.

Not on my watch champ. :thumbsu:

With that said, I find it rather hilarious your support of him despite the truth about his performance. I will and have not only pointed out your flaws but owned you comprehensively in this argument. I actually love the guy, all I begin with ever saying on here is that I think his time at our Club is coming to an end and its time to explore the future in some capacity much like how others have. In fact some have been rather blunt on him. I never even mentioned Tex in the past despite his horrid run for a long time, I was always hoping he would turn it around. This is the part that bemuses the best. I actually dont care if he stays for another 2 years or not. Because if we trade Jenkins we are going to need someone up forward. You though make me laugh for taking this personally.

I relish that the Fun Facts disturb and upset you. Facts are Facts though.

So Thank you.

God bless you, I find you so hilarious and amusing. :rainbow:

I am disappointed with your constant lies, misinformation and distortion of data to suit your narrative.

I never ever said only performed well against the Suns and Saints.

He had a decent game against an absolutely decimated Power reserves side.

Your deliberate fabricated lies, misinformation and trollings and you think its going to get completely ignored.

Not on my watch champ. :thumbsu:

With that said, I find it rather hilarious your support of him despite the truth about his performance. I will and have not only pointed out your flaws but owned you comprehensively in this argument. I actually love the guy, all I begin with ever saying on here is that I think his time at our Club is coming to an end and its time to explore the future in some capacity much like how others have. In fact some have been rather blunt on him. I never even mentioned Tex in the past despite his horrid run for a long time, I was always hoping he would turn it around. This is the part that bemuses the best. I actually dont care if he stays for another 2 years or not. Because if we trade Jenkins we are going to need someone up forward. You though make me laugh for taking this personally.

I relish that the Fun Facts disturb and upset you. Facts are Facts though.

So Thank you.

God bless you, I find you so hilarious and amusing. :rainbow:
“Owned me” - what are you ...10 years old?

Anyway thanks for your ready admission you’re just trolling. Clarifies much and allows me to check out so as not to waste any more time.

The irrefutable facts are that Tex has the following rankings at our club in 3 key stats for forwards in 2019:

#2 Goals
#1 Goal assists (equal)
#2 Score Involvements

These are facts not lies and misinformation.

LOL. :p

It helps when Jenkins has played only 5 games and Berg has played 6. :D

Here is one from your distorted bag of tricks, Jenkins has scored the same number of goals in one game, than Tex has over his 3 games against Melbourne, Hawks, and Cats.

These are facts not lies and no misinformation.

Jenkins is still about equal with Tex for contested marks and goals in 2019 in the 5 games they have played together. That is an undeniable irrefutable and fair comparison to any normal reasonable person. Take it further and increase the sample size to 10 and over the past 10 games they have played for the AFC, Jenkins owns Tex, more goals, more marks and more disposals.

Your distortion of data to suit a narrative. I love it keep them coming.:thumbsu:

:'(

I have proven you completely wrong with the data. :rainbow:
What you’ve proved and admitted is that you’re a troll, continually moving goal posts and making things up, just to get a rise.

If that’s you’re life and how you get jollies then enjoy.

Might not be beers, either he or his partner may be good cooks as well.
Part-owns a pub. I have fair idea part of it is consuming his own product. Jerka looked like he was on the same liquid diet prior to being dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back