Collingwood and Richmond - who has the greater supporter base

Who has the greater supporter base?

• Total voters
Jan 25, 2013
Deep Inside
AFL Club
Geelong
Well you prove the fact that Richmond is the biggest time and again, yet Geelong and Collingwood supporters keep arguing the toss that the biggest club isn't the biggest.
Look I understand you're utterly obsessed with the Tigers, but Geelong and Collingwood, desperate to measure their dicks against ours several times a week gets a bit boring. In fact, we find you a bit pathetic. I mean how many more times do we need to humiliate you before you start to get bored too?

ouchnono.jpg

Ouch!

I hope Norf didn't hurt their private parts when they went in dry on Friday night.

May 12, 2019
Spain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
all suck
Well you prove repeat the fact lie that Richmond is the biggest time and again (and again, and again, without any evidence to support it, unless it's totally cherry-picked to suit us), yet Collingwood supporters keep arguing the toss that the biggest club isn't the biggest. bringing up these pesky "facts" which show we aren't and making us look stupid. I mean more stupider :(

FTFY

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
^ And that's the only way you can ever "win" this argument, by cherry-picking exactly what you want to include: only Home games and only 2019 YTD and only average attendance - which is meaningless in answering Who has the greater supporter base?

FTR: 2019 Home game opponents
Collingwood (6): Geelong, WCE, Dogs, Port, St. Kilda, Freo
Richmond (5): Collingwood, Swans, Melbourne, Hawks, Essendon

So we played 2 Melbourne teams who rank 9th and 13th for attendance in 2019, and you play 4 Melbourne teams who rank 1st (that's us by the way), 3rd, 7th & 10th and THAT is your idea of a comparison? LOL what a campaigner you are, friend

Even if you cherry-pick again and get rid of the pre-2013 results (which excludes our Premiership while including yours), you STILL lose:

View attachment 685774

If you make a more reasonable comparison and include our last Premiership as well as yours, it's back to +21% (same as vs. the expansion teams):

View attachment 685775

You guys should just quit while you're behind... even when you win your first Premiership in 37 YEARS you can't break 1.4m attendance - Collingwood has done that 4 times this decade and will probably do it again this year to make it EVERY OTHER YEAR on average. Minnows
You've included finals attendances?

I've addressed many of these points in earlier posts. Won't be repeating myself. Although your efforts are better than gopies1981

May 12, 2019
Spain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
all suck
You've included finals attendances?

Dude I gave you the exact years you wanted, 2013-2019 YTD, including your flag minor premiership and excluding ours.

Do you really think removing finals is going to somehow increase your average attendances over that period? 2017 is the only year you were significantly ahead of us on that metric.

Easy enough to do it if you want to go to footywire.com and check for yourself

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Dude I gave you the exact years you wanted, 2013-2019 YTD, including your flag minor premiership and excluding ours.

Do you really think removing finals is going to somehow increase your average attendances over that period? 2017 is the only year you were significantly ahead of us on that metric.

Easy enough to do it if you want to go to footywire.com and check for yourself

Actually it does change the outcome if you add finals. The point I made earlier is left unaddressed. Richmond were Carlton-like sh*thouse from ‘87-‘13, which definitely skews crowd numbers (as the Blues are now experiencing)

May 12, 2019
Spain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
all suck
Richmond were Carlton-like sh*thouse from ‘87-‘13, which definitely skews crowd numbers (as the Blues are now experiencing)

... and that’s one of the reasons why you don’t have the biggest supporter base

That’s still the thread topic, right? Not who draws bigger crowds when they’re top of the ladder.

Attendances, which Collingwood beat you in pretty much every recent year except 2017, are just one measure of support base

May 12, 2019
Spain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
all suck
Actually it does change the outcome if you add finals. The point I made earlier is left unaddressed. Richmond were Carlton-like sh*thouse from ‘87-‘13, which definitely skews crowd numbers (as the Blues are now experiencing)

OK friend, here you are, excluding finals:

2010 H&A.jpg

H&A 2013.jpg

2016 H&A.jpg

Whether you want to look at the last 4 years, 7 years or 10 years - Pies win. Even the 2 years during and after winning your first flag in 137 years (and backing it up with the minor premiership) you could barely pull more punters

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
May 12, 2019
Spain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
all suck
And you accounted for the fact that Pies get two public holidays?

LOL. I exclude our flag and post-flag years, include your flag and minor premiership years, and you complain about public holidays? Just so you can *maybe* draw level on attendances?

As I said before - the only way you can win it is if you gerrymander, handicap and compensate your way around it - like when your fellow Tugger wanted to only count Home games in the current season

If you were truly the biggest sporting club in the country, you wouldn't need to do that

May 12, 2019
Spain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
all suck
The only stats Tiggers are interested in is memberships, because that’s the only one that supports their delusion. Any other stat has to be adjusted, compensated, corrected and have an asterisk appended because it shows the truth

You’re like the pussycats fans who want to count their under 19s flags so they can join the big league

The only stats Tiggers are interested in is memberships, because that’s the only one that supports their delusion. Any other stat has to be adjusted, compensated, corrected and have an asterisk appended because it shows the truth

You’re like the pussycats fans who want to count their under 19s flags so they can join the big league
And game attendance. Largest drawing club in recent years, the Tigers.
Facebook surveys apparently trump membership and attendance according to insecure Collingwood supporters.

Back