Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just tried searching for Kane Cornes pre-draft rankings where he has Rozzee ranked above Walsh/Luko/Rankine/King x2/etc but cant seem to track it down.

Can anyone help me find it? Surely it does exist if Kane knew Rozzee was so good. He wouldnt just be saying all this with the benefit of hindsight.

In fact if anyones mock/pre-draft rankings have Rozzee ranked above Walsh Id love to see it.

So if we have the best Under 23’s list in the country why is SOS in the firing line?

Purely because of the way we have gone about things. It seems SOS position that you can't get elite talent unless you finish last and load up on 1st round draft picks, which just isn't the case. He has brought in a LOT of dead wood that hasn't worked out, a few of the players he brought in, i thought would do better, but he is responsible for their recruitment.

Everybody needs to be held to account and when you have a poor a record as us, there will come the microscope. I really hope in hindsight that SOS would do things differently.

His drafting has been great in terms of the players talent but the balance is wrong, his trading has been poor imo, but you can't win them all.

Kane **** knuckle Cornes has dribbled once again ..
Carlton picked the wrong player in Walsh at #1 ..Rozzee is the player we needed most ..

SEN deleted the article on social media after he copped an absolute bake and rightfully so, Cornes has had some shockers but that’s right up there with the worst of them.

This is the deleted tweet for those that missed it.

D8IZY3HU8AAf0I9.jpg

Gerard is such a ******* worm, any person who calls up to give some perspective on the sacking, he makes a smart ass comment and moves on straight away, not willing to engage in anything that isn't pure Carlton bashing.

I listened this morning. First time in a long while. Not only was he all high and mighty and thought he knew better but a number of his comments were simply factually wrong. Ordinary person

I listened this morning. First time in a long while. Not only was he all high and mighty and thought he knew better but a number of his comments were simply factually wrong. Ordinary person
Failed to pull up callers on their misinformation, like SOS was the one to get rid of Mitch Robinson and Garlett, he's either not fit for this position purely for lack of knowledge, or deliberately misleading his audience. shithouse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Failed to pull up callers on their misinformation, like SOS was the one to get rid of Mitch Robinson and Garlett, he's either not fit for this position purely for lack of knowledge, or deliberately misleading his audience. shithouse.

100%. Completely misquoted MLG as well

Said we had to give up on what we are doing and start again

Only thing Cornes is good at is getting under his listeners/viewers skin...its his schtick....not clever enough to survive in the media any other way.

Just turn off when he appears...your day will better for it.

He's that guy no one respects.

Just listen to the way players and club figures talk about him.
He's a guy just not worth listening to or taking seriously.

The way he had a go at Dangerfield's injury was a joke...i know some other people like to give Danger stick, but fact is he's a champion player and is ALWAYS hard at it. He's tough and courageous, there is no actual reason to believe he 'plays up' his injuries.

I don't think anyone actually takes Cornes comments seriously. He's a shock jock in the literal sense. He says things only to rile people up and get a response, he probably doesn't believe half of what he says.

I don't know if he's confusing people responding to him for people respecting his opinion, because I can say rather confidently that very few people have any respect for what he says, whether he's right or wrong if he says it it loses credibility. As much as danger can be a flog sometimes he was bang on about Cornes.

fmd the people that call up talk back

The majority of people that call up talkback are the types of idiots that were ringing up asking to appoint Malthouse when Ratten was still coach and we had a zillion injuries in 2012. Their idiotic thinking was what lead us to be so absolute ****ed at end of 2015 that is was ground zero. No re-build because the foundations were gone. Four seasons into building we got foundations in place. Strong ones too but we still waiting to stop being effected by the mess of Boekhorst, Jaksch, Whiley, Watson, Bootsma, Lucas, Graham, Foster,Viojo-Rainbow and Tutt that were supposed to be part of our 23 to 28 year olds on list now. God himself could not fix the massive hole in list of 23 to 28 year olds that has made it so hard to fix in short term from then. The last people to take notice of, are the idiots calling up that were so gung ho for last stupid regime appoint Malthouse oversee the destruction of our list to rubble.

AFL 2019: Carlton made the wrong call using Pick 1 on Sam Walsh, says Kane Cornes

BF 2019: The media made the wrong call using a job opportunity on Kane Cornes, says ferrisb

Last edited:
Interesting piece at The Age "What will the next Carlton coach inherit?".

Carries a bit more weight for mine than *******s like Kornes as it's quotes from other list managers - albeit anonymously.

It's both a brutal reality check with glimmers of hope.

I definitely think Bolton has eaten truckloads of crap for the next guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back