Recommitted Brayden Sier [re-signed]

I’d take him at the Hawks in a heartbeat. Not sure what Sier’s market value is but I’d say a pick in the 30s would be about right.
Pick in the 30's is about right, if you ignore Collingwood fans.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
We paid pick 30 for him 3 years ago, was one of best players of last year's finals series and you think pick 30 is about right? PMSL.
Where you picked him is irrelevant. Should the Dees have got pick 1 when they traded Watts? Tom Boyd was one of the best in 2016 finals series. Things change quickly.

If you don’t think a pick in the 30s is fair what is?

We paid pick 30 for him 3 years ago, was one of best players of last year's finals series and you think pick 30 is about right? PMSL.
A pick 30 who has played 12 of a possible 80-odd games is worth more than that?

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Where you picked him is irrelevant. Should the Dees have got pick 1 when they traded Watts? Tom Boyd was one of the best in 2016 finals series. Things change quickly.

Mid to late first.

Jack Watts never had any form lol.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
would be very much a Witts scenario where we don't get the value in return and whoever gets him will be very happy. Hopefully he has a big second half of the year and re-signs or at the very least bumps that value up

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory

Problem with your statement is those two other muppets were never any good where Sier had improved now, so worth more now. Pick between 10-25.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was a late bloomer, been well documented that that penny didn't drop until last season, came in and matched it with the best onballers in the comp.
So he's still a pick 30-odd who has played a dozen games out of 80 or so he was on the list for?
Problem with your statement is those two other muppets were never any good where Sier had improved now, so worth more now. Pick between 10-25.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pick between 10 and 25? For a 22 year old with documented issues that has played a dozen games? You're dreaming.

Frank Gallagher

Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
A mid first for a fringe player with 12 games under his belt, good grief!
What if he comes back next week and plays season out, and plays well? He'll then be a 22 year old with 22ish games under his belt.

If he's just a 22 year old fringe player with 12 games under his belt why are people so interested in him?

Last edited:
What if he comes back next and plays season out, and plays well? He'll then be a 22 year old with 22ish games under his belt.

If he's just a 22 year old fringe player with 12 games under his belt why are people so interested in him?
Nobody denies that he could be very good. He's shown 12 quality games of AFL football.

What would you say Mason Redman's current worth is?

What if he comes back next and plays season out, and plays well? He'll then be a 22 year old with 22ish games under his belt.
Am I supposed to say then his stocks go up?

Because he's a classic risk/reward player that could be anything but has very few runs on the board to justify a high price. He's a value option.

And FWIW, yes, I would also regard Parish (although perhaps not for longer) and Francis from my own club as being in this boat and fully acknowledge that a second rounder is the absolute best that I can hope for them coming back.

Frank Gallagher

Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Am I supposed to say then his stocks go up?

Because he's a classic risk/reward player that could be anything but has very few runs on the board to justify a high price. He's a value option.

And FWIW, yes, I would also regard Parish (although perhaps not for longer) and Francis from my own club as being in this boat and fully acknowledge that a second rounder is the absolute best that I can hope for them coming back.
Fair enough, if wanted out as an uncontracted player we may have to sell low, but I'd be livid if we gladly sold him for that, very much a required player IMO, I just hope we can come close to matching some of the offers he's going to receive, especially if he has a decent back of of the season.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
* this argument is tedious. Obviously everyone out here saying he would be worth pick 30 are relying on the fact he is playing two’s and not getting a look in, all the Pies fans saying he is worth more see him as about to break back into the side and expect him to display the type of form he did last year and hoping him and the side go one better. However his season plays out from here will decide his worth.

But I must say if he gets traded I would think we would likely get a pick in the 30s as if he breaks back into the side he will be staying

Frank Gallagher

Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's a bloke who was pick 27 or so and has played around a dozen good games.
We sold Nathan Freeman for pick 30 and he didn't play any games and had a massive injury cloud.

Thing with Sier is he didn't play champs or even TAC cup iirc, if he did play TAC cup then it was only a couple of games at most, he wasn't on many recruiters radar.

From wiki.

Sier is from Melbourne and played for Marcellin College and Northern Football Leagueclub Banyule.[2] He also played two games for the Northern Knights in the TAC Cup before he was drafted by Collingwood with pick 32 in the 2015 national draft, their first selection. Sier's drafting was described as a surprise due to his inexperience. He played only 18 Victorian Football League games over two seasons because of a string of injuries – a broken wrist, a severe concussion, a back injury which ended his 2016 season, and injuries to his hamstring, eye socket and foot.

Back