Mature Age 2019 Mature Aged Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that the mid season draft is done, we look to the end of season for our mature agers. The main prospects from the VFL for me are:

Mitch Hibberd (Williamstwon): Leading the Liston Trophy for me right now, has had an excellent year playing as an inside midfielder.

Reuben William (Footscray): Playing off Half Back, William has good hands and a good kick. May eventually convert into a midfielder.

Mitch Podhajski (Coburg): Quick hands as an inside mid, big bodied, reckon he's a decent rookie prospect.

Frank Anderson (Preston): Good clean inside mid. Probably a late to rookie prospect.

Think you have him mixed up with Dickson bud. Spoke to someone the other day and they suggested Dickson isn't up to the standard fitness wise.. yet!
Dickson isn't quite there yet but Lowson regularly blows up.

So now that the mid season draft is done, we look to the end of season for our mature agers. The main prospects from the VFL for me are:

Mitch Hibberd (Williamstwon): Leading the Liston Trophy for me right now, has had an excellent year playing as an inside midfielder.

Reuben William (Footscray): Playing off Half Back, William has good hands and a good kick. May eventually convert into a midfielder.

Mitch Podhajski (Coburg): Quick hands as an inside mid, big bodied, reckon he's a decent rookie prospect.

Frank Anderson (Preston): Good clean inside mid. Probably a late to rookie prospect.
Pat naish would have the Liston already sewn up with 5 BOG from our 7W though a senior debut beckons and he may not see much further action at vfl

Pat naish would have the Liston already sewn up with 5 BOG from our 7W though a senior debut beckons and he may not see much further action at vfl
Okay mate.

Jake Riccardi and Dom Brew will get looked at from Werribee I'd imagine.

Jake especially has been in solid form playing out of full forward. Is an excellent athlete.

Mitch Hibberd finally playing in his correct position and having an influence, has an elite tank. He'd definitely be worth another go.

Dec Mountford has been ultra consistent at Claremont, appealing because he can play a variety of roles.

Considering Box Hill’s success rate over the last decade of players being drafted there’s a good chance another player might get picked up at the end of the year in the national or rookie draft. Brayden Kilpatrick would be next in line.

Considering Box Hill’s success rate over the last decade of players being drafted there’s a good chance another player might get picked up at the end of the year in the national or rookie draft. Brayden Kilpatrick would be next in line.
Meadows is the one most likely IMO

Meadows is the one most likely IMO

Was going to ask how he was going in the VFL as he went under the radar with the mid-season draft. I definitely think he would be a good addition of depth onto any list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was going to ask how he was going in the VFL as he went under the radar with the mid-season draft. I definitely think he would be a good addition of depth onto any list.
Disappointingly average, but that may be due to a different stole in the VFL

The 4 I am watching right now are:

Mitch Hibberd:
Significant improver since last year, dominant against his former side on the weekend.

Jordan Foote:
Despite the move from NEAFL to SANFL he has improved significantly on his output. Leads the league in inside 50s while still maintaining 82% disposal efficiency. Active on the inside too with 5 clearances a game.

Cole Gerloff:
Probably the highest output of any 19 year old at the state league level. 2nd behind Snelling on tackles a game while also being capable of games with big offensive impact. This week he had 25 touches and 2 goals, last week he had 24 touches and 4 goals. Rapidly improving.

Connor West:
I noticed his talent in flashes on last years WAFL grand final. I feel more confident about him going forward after his 25 touch and 2 goal breakout game on the weekend against the West Coast Eagles.

Parto is a bit like Lewis Taylor.

Hope he gets another crack. Can be high possession, high receive, kinda neat with disposal but not a huge hurt factor or defensive weapon.

He’s putting up some insane numbers at the moment. 43 and 2 today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s putting up some insane numbers at the moment. 43 and 2 today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He gets a heap of ball at lower levels, just like Taylor is capable of.

Not a high top speed player, but short, with some good lateral movement/nip and super fit.

But a lot of those disposals are low impact, one twos, or handballs off receives. Don't get me wrong, I hope he gets another go, but he was putting up big numbers in the WAFL for WC.

while we're here, anyone putting up great numbers in the state leagues?

For our VFL side i still like Nino Lazzaro as a hybrid fwd/def flanker. Not great numbers but he does have a unique skill set similar in style to Elliot Yeo with that long leaping high marking gate.

Any Central District fans able to shed som light on how the Neagle boys are going in the SANFL? Chris25 ?

Been a fair fan of Cole Gerloff for a couple of years now and he's really putting in some solid league games for Norwood, brings AFL like forward pressure but still manages to find it and kick goals, surely gets a look

Just trawling through some footage and numbers of some state leagues, just a few guys I'd love to get to know more about;

WAFL

Ryan Borchett - 22 y.o. 188cm forward (Subiaco)
Jeremy Goddard - 21 y.o, 202cm ruck (claremont)
Ajang Ajang - 22 y.o , 198cm ruck (east perth)
Luke Strnadica (21 y.o, 203cm, ruck South Fremantle)

SANFL

Sam Colquhoun, 24 y.o, 180cm, mid (Sturt)
Luke Partington (22 y.o, 181cm, mid (glenelg)
Luke Reynolds 24 y.o, 187cm, fwd (glenelg)
James Rowe 19 y.o, 173cm, fwd (Woodville West Torrens)
Jack Hayes 23 y.o, 194cm, fwd (woodville west torrens)

NEAFL
Matthew Hammelman - 23 y.o, 198cm, fwd (Redland)
Jono Freeman - 25 y.o, 198cm, FWD (Aspley)
Ben Rioli - 25 y.o, 173cm, def (NT Thunder)

A few guys in the VFL but i'll keep them close to my chest unless they do get mentioned.

Just trawling through some footage and numbers of some state leagues, just a few guys I'd love to get to know more about;

WAFL

Ryan Borchett - 22 y.o. 188cm forward (Subiaco)
Jeremy Goddard - 21 y.o, 202cm ruck (claremont)
Ajang Ajang - 22 y.o , 198cm ruck (east perth)
Luke Strnadica (21 y.o, 203cm, ruck South Fremantle)

SANFL

Sam Colquhoun, 24 y.o, 180cm, mid (Sturt)
Luke Partington (22 y.o, 181cm, mid (glenelg)
Luke Reynolds 24 y.o, 187cm, fwd (glenelg)
James Rowe 19 y.o, 173cm, fwd (Woodville West Torrens)
Jack Hayes 23 y.o, 194cm, fwd (woodville west torrens)

NEAFL
Matthew Hammelman - 23 y.o, 198cm, fwd (Redland)
Jono Freeman - 25 y.o, 198cm, FWD (Aspley)
Ben Rioli - 25 y.o, 173cm, def (NT Thunder)

A few guys in the VFL but i'll keep them close to my chest unless they do get mentioned.
Jono Freeman and Matt Hammelmann both looked like they didn't have it in them to be AFL level KPFs while at the Lions, of the 2 though I'd be looking at Hammelmann over Freeman.

Also apart from the Lions side the standard of the NEAFL competition this year has been abysmal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back