Taylor Walker... how's he going?

Remove this Banner Ad

What you’ve proved and admitted is that you’re a troll, continually moving goal posts and making things up, just to get a rise.

If that’s you’re life and how you get jollies then enjoy.

The irony is your degree of anger has risen. The funniest thing like I said I never said a disparaging thing ever about Tex. Fun Fact.

Saying that a player is cooked is not something to be upset about champ. Relax. Its an opinion that his time is coming to an end. It sadly happens to all players. You need to learn to live and accept this. Im being genuine here. Its ok. A Club needs to move on, it stands still for no one.

FYI, I hope he does well over the next 3 weeks and as we need at least a win from these 3 games to make the 8.

How did Hurley get involved?

Yeah I know Roo does I got to know him when he lived next door to my ex.

It was Hurley's pub to begin with. Our own mini-Visy really.

In any event, pardon the pun, but this Tex is fat business is being blown far out of proportion. It's the muscle that's too much

And round in a circle we go. Tex can’t take a contested mark, can only mark out on a lead.

Yet this year he currently sits at #15 in the AFL for contested marks.

I’ve never felt the need or even want to go on a crusade to protect this particular player, and whilst I’ve always enjoyed his work, he’s certainly never been my favourite.

But the misinformation, the prejudice and the downright lies about his performances need to be called out.

I'm not suggesting Tex is crap, but the stat you quoted is misleading.

Tex is only ranked #32 in average contested marks this year, and also #31 for average marks inside 50. Equal #49 for average score involvements, #35 for average goal assists, and #31 for average goals. Minimum 3 games played for all.

The stats put him as decent forward but not AFL leading in any category which fits what we've seen of him this year. Using raw totals of course inflates his position as he has played every game

I'm not suggesting Tex is crap, but the stat you quoted is misleading.

Tex is only ranked #32 in average contested marks this year, and also #31 for average marks inside 50. Equal #49 for average score involvements, #35 for average goal assists, and #31 for average goals. Minimum 3 games played for all.

The stats put him as decent forward but not AFL leading in any category which fits what we've seen of him this year. Using raw totals of course inflates his position as he has played every game
Misleading ? How is this misleading? This is from the AFL. Contested marks. To my eye it says 15. Can you see something different ?

F184A8D0-1D0F-4131-98D5-C631ACB1E2E7.png

This thread was always going to go well.

You have the people who love him and think he's going well, and those of us who also love the bloke but are more realistic with his performance this season.

He's had good days and he's had some stinkers. The gap between best and worst is growing and it's of some concern.

Also he is 15th for total contested marks, though 32nd on average.
Contested marks has never been his strong suit. Jenkins was supposed to be that guy.
The problem we all have with Tex is that his best can be the difference between being a good side, and a top side. Right now we are a good side, but that’s it.
We want to be a top side and Tex needs to lift if we are to get there come end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Misleading ? How is this misleading? This is from the AFL. Contested marks. To my eye it says 15. Can you see something different ?

View attachment 686770
Total vs average. Biases the data to forwards that have played more games, so it's misleading to compare players using totals unless they've played the same number of games

Total vs average. Biases the data to forwards that have played more games, so it's misleading to compare players using totals unless they've played the same number of games

Also excludes players with small sample sizes and outliers however.

His contested marking is on par both total and average as Hawkins yet no one is up in arms about the big Cat. Score involvements again Tex is right up there.

People need to watch the game against Melbourne and West Coast, how many times did the ball get kicked on top of or over Tex's head, plainly we are kicking winning scores not by hitting up targets but by lure effort and midfield goal kicking. Our forward entries are still horrendous.

This thread was always going to go well.

You have the people who love him and think he's going well, and those of us who also love the bloke but are more realistic with his performance this season.

He's had good days and he's had some stinkers. The gap between best and worst is growing and it's of some concern.
The breathtaking arrogance of that post.

I’ve spent the last week or so defending Tex on the basis of misinformation and outright lies about his performance, not because I love him.

I don’t love him at all, but I will call out the BS... like when you posted he hasn’t stood up at key moments.

Or even better how you think we should ignore his stats.

The breathtaking arrogance of that post.

I’ve spent the last week or so defending Tex on the basis of misinformation and outright lies about his performance, not because I love him.

I don’t love him at all, but I will call out the BS... like when you posted he hasn’t stood up at key moments.

Or even better how you think we should ignore his stats.
Breathtaking arrogance ?? Pete your heads been so far up your backside the last week you'd taste your lungs.

I'm not a huge believer in stats painting the full picture, but Scorpus does paint a compelling one.... and it's not a great look for the skipper.

And he quite clearly hasn't stood up in all the key moments, otherwise I wouldn't be having this discussion with you.

Despite your cries of "you're just a troll, you are clearly a hater", nothing could be further from the truth. I don't hate the guy, I WANT him to be the player he has been for large parts of his career..... but he isn't anymore

Breathtaking arrogance ?? Pete your heads been so far up your backside the last week you'd taste your lungs.

I'm not a huge believer in stats painting the full picture, but Scorpus does paint a compelling one.... and it's not a great look for the skipper.

And he quite clearly hasn't stood up in all the key moments, otherwise I wouldn't be having this discussion with you.

Despite your cries of "you're just a troll, you are clearly a hater", nothing could be further from the truth. I don't hate the guy, I WANT him to be the player he has been for large parts of his career..... but he isn't anymore
So let’s get this straight:

Stats that favour Tex - stats never tell the story

Stats that don’t favour Tex - hmmm these stats paint a compelling picture.

Additionally you continue to peddle the not standing up in key moments - even though I gave you example and I later reminded you that you hadn’t responded - and you still haven’t.

So let’s get this straight:

Stats that favour Tex - stats never tell the story

Stats that don’t favour Tex - hmmm these stats paint a compelling picture.

Additionally you continue to peddle the not standing up in key moments - even though I gave you example and I later reminded you that you hadn’t responded - and you still haven’t.
I'm not sure what you want me to say, there's been games this year when he has done as you say, St Kilda being the prime example of vintage Tex, others I don't agree with such as the Showdown.

Also, you continue you cherrypick my words. I do not believe stats paint the full picture at all, however you have tried to refute those that do not suit your increasingly weak argument.

Pressure is coming from all angles, not just this board, are they all wrong ??

I wonder where Tex would prefer to play - CHF or FF.

Honestly, not sure it would matter if we keep kicking to him like we are. I mean, are we the worst team at spotting up a lead from our best forward in the league? The number of times he gets wide open on a lead and we put the ball in the spot that only his opponent can get to is staggering sometimes.

I'm not sure what you want me to say, there's been games this year when he has done as you say, St Kilda being the prime example of vintage Tex, others I don't agree with such as the Showdown.

Also, you continue you cherrypick my words. I do not believe stats paint the full picture at all, however you have tried to refute those that do not suit your increasingly weak argument.

Pressure is coming from all angles, not just this board, are they all wrong ??
So his goal late in the last quarter against Port, when they had kicked 7 straight, wasn’t standing up at an important time?

Pressure from all angles? Brereton, Wallace?

My argument has only ever been that he warrants continued selection based upon form, and given he maintains his position as well as getting plaudits from the coach, I’m not sure the argument is that weak.

So his goal late in the last quarter against Port, when they had kicked 7 straight, wasn’t standing up at an important time?

Pressure from all angles? Brereton, Wallace?

My argument has only ever been that he warrants continued selection based upon form, and given he maintains his position as well as getting plaudits from the coach, I’m not sure the argument is that weak.
Pete, I agree with your general sentiments. Though I think the reality is somewhere between your stats view and the view of some seeing that Tex is on the decline.
I just hope Tex can regain his form and do more of his trade-mark quick gives and 60m bombs. We haven't seen enough of that usual Tex standard. Once he can lift and do more what's done in recent years, the entire team will lift with him. Tex's form right now mirrors pretty much the entire AFL squad, and not surprisingly, mirrors our sporadic wins and losses.
If Tex can capture better form in the second half of this season, we are still going to be a strong chance to do serious damage this season. The question we're all debating right now is "will Tex capture better form?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back