The Bar - Beer, Wine & Spirits Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time I go in there I do the get out of my way cha cha.

I bought some home brew bottles off a dude on Gumtree a year or so back. The transaction took about 3 minutes, then he wouldn't let me leave for over half an hour. He kept saying "cheers mate and have a good one" and walking back into his house before doing a pirouette and starting a new topic. Thought he was gonna eat my skin.

_20190604_182856.JPG

Got these 2 new releases tonight. The West Coast IPA was very good. But * me the stout is a fantastic dessert. As good as Evil Twin Imperial Donut. Amazing.

I've used it before a couple of times, only issue is that it tends to come by Australia Post and last time I got some I'm pretty sure it had been left outside in the heat at some point

Yeah that's s**t. Doesn't affect me too much as I got a PO Box coz I like online purchasing but they regularly have free postage to take advantage of.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah that's ****. Doesn't affect me too much as I got a PO Box coz I like online purchasing but they regularly have free postage to take advantage of.
Yeah it was almost definitely treated badly, every can I opened kind of exploded and foamed over the top.
It's not too bad, I usually get down around the Ellenbrook or Joondalup area once a month or so, usually top up when I do.
I just tend to miss out on a lot of releases because they sell them all before I get in, then again it probably saves me a lot of money.

Last edited:
Yeah it was almost definitely treated badly, every can I open kind of exploded a foamed over the top.
It's not too bad, I usually get down around the Ellenbrook or Joondalup area once a month or so, usually top up when I do.
I just tend to miss out on a lot of releases because they sell them all before I get in, then again it probably saves me a lot of money.

Silver linings and all that.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
View attachment 686875

Got these 2 new releases tonight. The West Coast IPA was very good. But **** me the stout is a fantastic dessert. As good as Evil Twin Imperial Donut. Amazing.
Tried their Juniper Belgian gin IPA the other week. Drank it in two sittings, both times I really enjoyed the first one but by the end of the second one I found the juniper a bit cloying, interesting beer though. I'll definitely hunt out some of their other brews.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Spent 80 bucks on Craft beer this weekend. I've wish i can go back to the days i can just buy Super dry's/export and then treat my self to the good stuff once evry couple weeks.

Spent 80 bucks on Craft beer this weekend. I've wish i can go back to the days i can just buy Super dry's/export and then treat my self to the good stuff once evry couple weeks.

Started a second job as a bar tender last week. The judgement of campaigners ordering Swan Draught, Iron Jack's and Super Drys with a genuinely excited smile on their face makes me cringe. Not to mention how many Captain Morgan and pepsi I've poured is ridiculous, what the * is wrong with these people?

Luckily my wife is okay with the $100 bucks I spent on about 20 beers this week. 😐

(Log in to remove this ad.)

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Started a second job as a bar tender last week. The judgement of campaigners ordering Swan Draught, Iron Jack's and Super Drys with a genuinely excited smile on their face makes me cringe. Not to mention how many Captain Morgan and pepsi I've poured is ridiculous, what the **** is wrong with these people?

Luckily my wife is okay with the $100 bucks I spent on about 20 beers this week. 😐
Lucky I'm single and living at home atm. Genuinely going to be depressing when the circumstances change.

That said I treated my self this weekend after basically going dry for a month and going on a diet.

I don't mind the old Swanny D on tap. I reckon its probably the best Aussie beer on tap. Iron jack on the other hand is pure trash, you'll probably find the piss in the trough tasting better.

Don't mind the ol JD's and coke my self on a big night (after a couple decent beers tho).

Lucky I'm single and living at home atm. Genuinely going to be depressing when the circumstances change.

That said I treated my self this weekend after basically going dry for a month and going on a diet.

I don't mind the old Swanny D on tap. I reckon its probably the best Aussie beer on tap. Iron jack on the other hand is pure trash, you'll probably find the piss in the trough tasting better.

Don't mind the ol JD's and coke my self on a big night (after a couple decent beers tho).

No to Swanny D, Vish, just no.

Great Northern is another favourite of the locals, and Coronas too but they're not bad. Just grow some balls and order a Guinness for *s sake.

But yeah after working my normal day job then another 22 hours of night work I thought I deserved some expensive beers the past few days.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
No to Swanny D, Vish, just no.

Great Northern is another favourite of the locals, and Coronas too but they're not bad. Just grow some balls and order a Guinness for ****s sake.

But yeah after working my normal day job then another 22 hours of night work I thought I deserved some expensive beers the past few days.
I can't stomach too many pints of stouts sadly. I get bloated like Beluga.

* GN and Carona's. Both taste like piss.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Not a huge fan of the new Cheeky Monkey's branding. There was some thing special/unique about the old labelling imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back