2019 Trade thread

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We have four star's on our list in Neale, Zorko, Andrews and Cameron. Adding a 5th A grader to that list plus the continued improvement from youngsters like McCluggage, Berry, Rayner and Witherden should put us in a great spot for a top 4 finish next year. I do think we are lacking that 5th star at the moment though. If we had just 1 more high quality player I think it would have been the difference in the Dogs/Freo games. Perhaps McCluggage will join that group from next year onwards? I'd love another gun from left field to join us this off season though.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
We have four star's on our list in Neale, Zorko, Andrews and Cameron. Adding a 5th A grader to that list plus the continued improvement from youngsters like McCluggage, Berry, Rayner and Witherden should put us in a great spot for a top 4 finish next year. I do think we are lacking that 5th star at the moment though. If we had just 1 more high quality player I think it would have been the difference in the Dogs/Freo games. Perhaps McCluggage will join that group from next year onwards? I'd love another gun from left field to join us this off season though.
Tom Joyce.

Just wait.

Tom Joyce.

Just wait.
I didn’t see a lot of the NEAFL game yesterday, but what I did see I thought his attack on the ball, even in the 4th quarter when the game was done and dusted was first class.
Still needs work on his disposal and maybe decision making but he looks the goods.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Tommy Cutler...time to let him of the leash.

Jun 27, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No; he has all the attributes of some of the game's best, he just needs an extended run and simply to be let off the leash to run, kick long without fear of the axe and we;ll see the best of him.

Fagan has always encouraged people to take the game on, and has historically not punished people for it. I would say Cutler’s problem wouldn’t have been that he wasn’t allowed to take the game on.

Also, they’ve persisted with Rayner this year because he’s young and has potential. Why wouldn’t they persist with Cutler if he seemingly has basically hit that potential? He might have the skills but he obviously is lacking in other departments.

Brizzys Squizzy

All Australian
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Fagan has always encouraged people to take the game on, and has historically not punished people for it. I would say Cutler’s problem wouldn’t have been that he wasn’t allowed to take the game on.

Also, they’ve persisted with Rayner this year because he’s young and has potential. Why wouldn’t they persist with Cutler if he seemingly has basically hit that potential? He might have the skills but he obviously is lacking in other departments.
Yep for the position he plays lacks defensive running agree with most has huge ability but the one thing that's a standout in our side at the moment is pressure imo cutler been left behind needs to improve once he does certain starter.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Random hypothetical. Josh Walker & something to the Suns in return for Jack Martin. Haven't spent a whole lot of time watching suns games this year but figure they could slot Walker into the backline. Thoughts?

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Random hypothetical. Josh Walker & something to the Suns in return for Jack Martin. Haven't spent a whole lot of time watching suns games this year but figure they could slot Walker into the backline. Thoughts?

Josh Walker and a lot for Jack Martin. Or just a lot for Jack Martin

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Would he be an upgrade on Homscbh? Seem similar sorts of players to me. Kieran Collins on a small sample size is a better player than Josh.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Instinctive reaction: kind of a combo wince/cringe/do we *have* to
A few seconds later: I am sure that the normal character altering affect of the right jumper would work its magic on him as well...
They got Schache from us for a steal, surely they should now return the favor and take unders for The Bont.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The price most agree is fair on DTFA is about pick 10 or so. Collingwood's pick probably ends up 15-18 so I'm estimating a pick in the 30s would need to be added to get to pick 10 value.

I'd walk away. Martin has incredible talent but he has never shown the consistency required to be worth a top 10 pick in a trade and he is 24 now - can't just rely on potential. I think 15-18 is probably about right actually.

Stringer went for 25 and 30 and was a far better performed player, though that trade was mainly just the dogs wanting to get rid of him so its probably a reasonably cheap one.

Back