Injury 2019 Saints Injuries

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was interesting on the weekend that Membrey wasn't able to make the distance on a set shot from 50 dead in front. His form lately has been poor. Reckon he's carrying something.

giphy.gif

What do you mean? We only have Geary, Webster, DMac, Savage, White, Rice, Robbo, Newnes, Paton and Hind that can do that.

Clearly 10 players that can play as a small / medium lock down defender AND rebound is not enough.

*Actually its 12 if you count Wilkie and Battle who are basically the same height as Coff (makes him lucky number 13).

I guess we have given up the midfield experiment to ensure that we have at least 1/3rd of our list that can play as a small / medium lockdown defender that can rebound.

Seriously though, given our non existent midfield depth, and all the noise about making him a mid, it is an interesting call to give up the experiment so quickly (especially when he has played basically everywhere except as a mid so far this year). But given he is a much better kick than almost all of that list, I can see the logic. Fingers crossed they just let him settle in one position and develop!

That sums it up mate , yes we have plenty others that can play that position but how many have his class , of the 13 named how many would be in our best back half in a year or so ? My guess would be Coff, Battle,Wilkie ,White i left the rest out because of age, medical issues or because i think they are just good ordinary players who we can cover

So with Paddy on the LTI list - who are we going to pick up in the Mid Season?
Well with Longer apparently suffering concussion today. To go with his concussion issues of seasons past...

And with Pierce still suffering from symptoms from his early season concussion...

And with the other potential ruckman being a long shot project who apparently is currently unable to hold his place at Frankston...

That leaves us with Marshall and nothing else.

Given that I can't see how we pick anyone other than a ready to go ruckman.

That may disappoint some on here. However the thought of Marshall suddenly becoming unavailable scares me more than the thought that we wont magically solve all of our midfield problems in the next 24 hours.

Well with Longer apparently suffering concussion today. To go with his concussion issues of seasons past...

And with Pierce still suffering from symptoms from his early season concussion...

And with the other potential ruckman being a long shot project who apparently is currently unable to hold his place at Frankston...

That may disappoint some on here. However the thought of Marshall suddenly becoming unavailable scares me more than the thought that we wont magically solve all of our midfield problems in the next 24 hours.
No point picking a ruck if he just isn’t good enough. They will hopefully know how close longer and pierce are today. It’s the last spot I would fill but you could be right. We may have no choice but they still have to be of standard.

No point picking a ruck if he just isn’t good enough. They will hopefully know how close longer and pierce are today. It’s the last spot I would fill but you could be right. We may have no choice but they still have to be of standard.
No dispute with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worse, we have Sam Rowe.

Dinny's injury report on the AFL website says 'There are positive noises coming out of the Saints about Steven, with a return in the coming weeks on the cards'.

Where on earth has that come from?

Dinny's injury report on the AFL website says 'There are positive noises coming out of the Saints about Steven, with a return in the coming weeks on the cards'.

I think Lethers made some comments along these lines on the most recent podcast.

Whether it is factual is another thing.

From Lethers last week and Finnis repeated it. My take is that they’d have to understand the implications of what happened with Hanners when they were too hopeful and then they changed course and basically said he’ll be a while. Media backed off after that.

So surely he’s genuinely going to be back at the club, and soon. Starts a lot of whispers and questions if he doesn’t.

I think Lethers made some comments along these lines on the most recent podcast.

Whether it is factual is another thing.

Thanks. Dinny's not the type (as far as I am aware) to cut things from whole cloth so I thought there must be something there. Jeez, this is the cursed season. Posted this elsewhere but in 6 weeks time we could have Stuv, Carlisle, Webster, Lonie back in the side with Hanners having ~2 - 3 senior games under his belt and Ming making his debut. It'll be too late for this season though.

George since your social media team likes ignoring fans all the time..can you tell us why there's no injury report??? And also others club post there's even when they've got a bye so that cant be an excuse 3 weeks in a row this has happened. Also not going off the AFL site injury report cause that isn't accurate..

George since your social media team likes ignoring fans all the time..can you tell us why there's no injury report??? And also others club post there's even when they've got a bye so that cant be an excuse 3 weeks in a row this has happened. Also not going off the AFL site injury report cause that isn't accurate..
There was an injury report posted last week, so it's not a three week issue. They have also posted multiple updates on Geary this week which is the only main injury worry from the weekend unless you want to hear about the players bowl movements.

I'm sure there will be an update next Tuesday.

But we have heaps of rucks. Acres, Bruce, Wilkie...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back